Bartow on Joe Rose - State of Miami

If those great SFL coaches could teach their kids to get a respectable GPA maybe they wouldn't have to play in WVU. Just for records sake everyone one of those teams besides Alabama finished below us in total D.

Where did those schools finish vs us in offensive plays per game?

Not sure on plays but

Time of Possession

Bama 20th
WVU 60th
Texas 67th
UM 79th

Total Offense

Bama 18th
WVU 12th
UM 47th
Texas 113th

Advertisement
Ppppp
According to Ryan Bartow today:

*In terms of South Florida recruiting this is as wide a flood gate as he has seen. Miami has the top 2 RBs (Scarlett and Walton) and the top safety (Johnson). The rest of the top talent is headed out of here.

*What he's hearing from recruits and HS coaches. He said SFL HS coaches have a lot of love for the local guys on staff, especially Ice Harris and James Coley. There is "some disdain among HS coaches in Broward and Dade for a lot of the defensive coaches on Golden's staff." Bartow also said whether it's attitude, ego or work ethic a lot of these coaches have rubbed these great HS coaches in SFL the wrong way. "They're seeing the guys they send there and they're not really used in ways you would imagine, a wide open, spread offense or 4-3 Jimmy Johnson defense."

Says top things recruits he talks to are looking for: facilities, connection with their recruiter, energy, TV, most importantly are they winning and scheme.

*He mentioned Bama, WV, Texas, FSU in particular as having success down here right now: Cristobal getting who he wants in SFL; WV has 9 SFL commits; Strong has 3; FSU has 4 of the top players. Says GA has Deandre Baker, Shaquery Wilson and Juwan Taylor and that Miami didn't offer any of them. BTW's Callaway is a two man battle between Ice Harris and Randy Shannon.

*He also said, next year BTW, Central, STA and AH each have 20+ D1 players. There are more speed/skill D1 guys from PBC down than anywhere else in the Country. Per capita talent heaven.

So there you have it fwiw. Let the spin begin.

I don't trust anyone but PETE...

Nycane, please don't sucked in to that bandaid approach to healing this plague. Being overwhelmed by the impact of two black position coaches and offering up their heads as a sacrifice to save the face and employment of the truly inept and more responsible Golden and D'No. Haven't we learned that just firing black coaches isn't some sort of solution to a much bigger problem?

Tell whoever your source is that this Cane fan doesn't respect pitch and Golden alley-oop.

Nycane, please don't sucked in to that bandaid approach to healing this plague. Being overwhelmed by the impact of two black position coaches and offering up their heads as a sacrifice to save the face and employment of the truly inept and more responsible Golden and D'No. Haven't we learned that just firing black coaches isn't some sort of solution to a much bigger problem?

Tell whoever your source is that this Cane fan doesn't respect pitch and Golden alley-oop.

So far hiring them hasn't helped much either.

Just out of curiosity, who else besides Ridley and SBB from SF has Bama gotten this recruiting class?

Advertisement
If those great SFL coaches could teach their kids to get a respectable GPA maybe they wouldn't have to play in WVU. Just for records sake everyone one of those teams besides Alabama finished below us in total D.

Maybe this is part of our recruiting pitch with SFL coaches. It would explain the disdain Bartow talked about.

i want butch back. i dont want golden here. my point was someone said that was a cure. the race thing is retarded because we would still have hurlie, ice, larry scott, etc.

Shannon didn't help much as our DC? Ask Golden and Blake if the hiring of Ice Harris hasn't helped UM football on and off the field this last year or so.

Advertisement
Shannon didn't help much as our DC? Ask Golden and Blake if the hiring of Ice Harris hasn't helped UM football on and off the field this last year or so.

Just an FYI, as soon as you pull the race card no one takes you seriously. Start over in another thread.

I want Butch back as well. And I didn't go at your point, I went at your source's proposal. Mention race sends dudes into immediate panic/defense mode and it's NEVER relevant to the people who aren't subjugated by it. Somehow they've become the authority on it lol! Anyway, it's not happenstance that the sacrificial lambs are black. How could any ever come up with a proposal to save Golden, under the guise of "saving recruiting" without including D'No? This kind of idiocy could only have roots in something as retarded as race. Racism is not just overt, it's covert as well, so firing all black coaches would never be the goal. Stop believing that examples of racism are didactic, rare phenomena, it's a retarded mind state and illness, so you'll find or notice it in retarded circumstances and situations. Pointing it out isn't what's retarded, believing that it isn't retarded in its functionality is.

Advertisement
Just a FYI, as soon as U use racist terminology/jargon like, "pulling the race card", people with true integrity stop taking U seriously. The card was created when the effort to categorize human beings color was established. Linnaeus pulled the race card when he invented it.

The only thing I took out of this was he said the battle for Calloway was between ice Harris and randy Shannon and Calloway isn't even considering Florida anymore. So I'll catch u next time with this guys knowledge

I want Butch back as well. And I didn't go at your point, I went at your source's proposal. Mention race sends dudes into immediate panic/defense mode and it's NEVER relevant to the people who aren't subjugated by it. Somehow they've become the authority on it lol! Anyway, it's not happenstance that the sacrificial lambs are black. How could any ever come up with a proposal to save Golden, under the guise of "saving recruiting" without including D'No? This kind of idiocy could only have roots in something as retarded as race. Racism is not just overt, it's covert as well, so firing all black coaches would never be the goal. Stop believing that examples of racism are didactic, rare phenomena, it's a retarded mind state and illness, so you'll find or notice it in retarded circumstances and situations. Pointing it out isn't what's retarded, believing that it isn't retarded in its functionality is.

if it makes u better. i would fire carroll for Lamar Thomas.

Advertisement
It's not about me, it's about the U(s)! But it seems that U see a clear distinction between Us. I hope it isn't along racial lines, because that's whats truly pulling the race card is. I already said I want the same things U want, including Butch back.

Did you learn all this in your UNC african american studies course? Curious to see your reasoning for hiring coaches like Hurlie and Ice or do you just sh*t on one side of the fence?

This can be fixed over night by firing Donofrio, Paul Williams, and Jethro.

Hire Jim Leavitt as DC/LB Coach, move Hurley brown to DB coach, and hire Kevin Patrick as DL Coach. Then this will leave 1 coaching position available for Al Golden to bring in a fresh young coach to handle Special Teams and also be a recruiter I like Andre King he brings a an athletic administrative back ground, a Georgia connection, and he also has played in special teams in the NFL and college. Not Mention he can help out with the WR's.

Here is the link to the Audio Interview WQAM 560
http://miami.cbslocal.com/audio/joe-rose-show/

Go Canes

Any talk of firing without mentioning golden is pointless.

Al Golden has prodestitic shoulders.

if it makes u better. i would fire carroll for Lamar Thomas.

Why would Lamar Thomas ruin his career by deciding to coach under Al Golden?

Advertisement
Back