Bartow on Joe Rose - State of Miami

pb5cane

Junior
According to Ryan Bartow today:

*In terms of South Florida recruiting this is as wide a flood gate as he has seen. Miami has the top 2 RBs (Scarlett and Walton) and the top safety (Johnson). The rest of the top talent is headed out of here.

*What he's hearing from recruits and HS coaches. He said SFL HS coaches have a lot of love for the local guys on staff, especially Ice Harris and James Coley. There is "some disdain among HS coaches in Broward and Dade for a lot of the defensive coaches on Golden's staff." Bartow also said whether it's attitude, ego or work ethic a lot of these coaches have rubbed these great HS coaches in SFL the wrong way. "They're seeing the guys they send there and they're not really used in ways you would imagine, a wide open, spread offense or 4-3 Jimmy Johnson defense."

Says top things recruits he talks to are looking for: facilities, connection with their recruiter, energy, TV, most importantly are they winning and scheme.

*He mentioned Bama, WV, Texas, FSU in particular as having success down here right now: Cristobal getting who he wants in SFL; WV has 9 SFL commits; Strong has 3; FSU has 4 of the top players. Says GA has Deandre Baker, Shaquery Wilson and Juwan Taylor and that Miami didn't offer any of them. BTW's Callaway is a two man battle between Ice Harris and Randy Shannon.

*He also said, next year BTW, Central, STA and AH each have 20+ D1 players. There are more speed/skill D1 guys from PBC down than anywhere else in the Country. Per capita talent heaven.

So there you have it fwiw. Let the spin begin.

Last edited:
Advertisement
It's hard to argue with what he said regarding our head man and the defensive coachimg staff. I'm sure local coaches, recruits and their families ask questions and the coaches either give them a BS excuse or condescending answers like why would you question me and they are turned off by it.

Goldens stubbornness will be his downfall. If not for the NCAA bull**** he would be gone. He doesn't realize that the NCAA mess was the best thing to happen to him.

We all know Golden struggles with coaching... but at least he is an elite recruiter.

Wait.

Sh*t.

Advertisement
He hit it right on the money. You can't say it better. The defensive side has to change. They can't recruit, develop, or scheme right.

I believe him on the arrogance of the defensive coaches. Dno even LOOKS arrogant. And if the story is true about him and Paul Williams getting into an argument with Tim Irvins dad on his in home visit regarding the scheme we run..its no wonder these kids are leaving. I have no clue how the **** we hung on to Jaquan Johnson. Talk about loyalty.

The flood gates have been open like this once before..only difference is, we were on REAL probation. Not that BS that Golden is talking about. (referring to the 94-99 era)

Absolutely shocking that there's "disdain" for Golden's defensive corches and that most of them (Doritos, Williams, and Jethro) have been the individuals Golden has been most loyal to over his career.

But everyone here wants to blame the empty stadium, angry Twitter fans, and corrupt high school coaches as the reasons why our recruiting class is hot garbage.

Face it: These coaches can't coach for **** on Fall Saturdays and to top it all off, many are reviled in the community that also happens to be America's recruiting hotbed.

Who are these "great SFL coaches" they speak of??? I believe some of these great coaches makes it hard "at times" to recruit in SFL.

Advertisement
Who are these "great SFL coaches" they speak of??? I believe some of these great coaches makes it hard "at times" to recruit in SFL.

Good god, STFU and enough with the excuses. We have 3 or 4 of the Top 50 players from Dade/Broward committed. That alone should be a fireable offense and goes well beyond any coaches or mentors making it difficult to recruit.

If those great SFL coaches could teach their kids to get a respectable GPA maybe they wouldn't have to play in WVU. Just for records sake everyone one of those teams besides Alabama finished below us in total D.

This can be fixed over night by firing Donofrio, Paul Williams, and Jethro.

Hire Jim Leavitt as DC/LB Coach, move Hurley brown to DB coach, and hire Kevin Patrick as DL Coach. Then this will leave 1 coaching position available for Al Golden to bring in a fresh young coach to handle Special Teams and also be a recruiter I like Andre King he brings a an athletic administrative back ground, a Georgia connection, and he also has played in special teams in the NFL and college. Not Mention he can help out with the WR's.

Here is the link to the Audio Interview WQAM 560
http://miami.cbslocal.com/audio/joe-rose-show/

Go Canes

Last edited:
The only kids Miami is getting out of South Fla are the kids who have always wanted to be Canes. Can you blame the other kids who don't want to come here? You can talk all about the tradition, former players, former coaches, etc but 17-18 year old kids don't want to hear that. They are in the now and Miami isn't in the now. These kids and parents are stupid ( most of them) they see social media, they see football on Saturdays. It's been 4 years and you hear the same thing from the defensive side of the ball: too much freelancing, guys not doing their job, etc. If I was a South Fla kid, it would be very hard for me to be sold to go to UM with how the operation is ran right now. It needs a serious overhaul. These kids want to be coached and play to their strengths. They don't want to adjust to Golden's way of thinking and his style. Especially when he's not winning.

Advertisement
I believe him on the arrogance of the defensive coaches. Dno even LOOKS arrogant. And if the story is true about him and Paul Williams getting into an argument with Tim Irvins dad on his in home visit regarding the scheme we run..its no wonder these kids are leaving. I have no clue how the **** we hung on to Jaquan Johnson. Talk about loyalty.

The flood gates have been open like this once before..only difference is, we were on REAL probation. Not that BS that Golden is talking about. (referring to the 94-99 era)

True story?

lmfao We're from The U. We're here to help.

This can be fixed over night by firing Donofrio, Paul Williams, and Jethro.

Hire Jim Leavitt as DC/LB Coach, move Hurley brown to DB coach, and hire Kevin Patrick as DL Coach. Then this will leave 1 coaching position available for Al Golden to bring in a fresh young coach to handle Special Teams and also be a recruiter I like Andre King he brings a an athletic administrative back ground, a Georgia connection, and he also has played in special teams in the NFL and college. Not Mention he can help out with the WR's.

Here is the link to the Audio Interview WQAM 560
http://miami.cbslocal.com/audio/joe-rose-show/

Go Canes

Simply the only way Golden could succeed in any capacity here...hands off the coaching and become marketing / delegating head man, bring in stellar EXPERIENCED coordinators, neither of which we have...though Coley is worlds better than No D.

He is too stubborn and too determined to make his failed system work.

UM

If those great SFL coaches could teach their kids to get a respectable GPA maybe they wouldn't have to play in WVU. Just for records sake everyone one of those teams besides Alabama finished below us in total D.

Where did those schools finish vs us in offensive plays per game?

Advertisement
Our defense didn't make one single critical or game changing play the entire season. Gtfoh with that ****. As soon as a team needed anything whether to move the ball and score or run the clock out, they were able to. Just a farce that **** crap *** scheme. Excuse makers. No one wants to play in that atrocity. Proof is in the pudding.... 6-7

Last edited:
winning cures all. one of the top people in the south florida football world told me "firing williams and franklin would work wonders for recruiting. Golden isn't that hated but people dont respect williams and frank in as good coaches. he said Coach D isn't active enough in the recruiting to be that big a problem. the scheme hurts but they are considered weak position coaches and dont click well with kids and coaches." I dont want to give the persons name up because i dont want him being banned from access to the program but most of you would know and respect him.

Chicanego, Shannon and Golden are similar in HC abilities and records as UM HC. They are not similar in character and integrity. That's a cool avi, but kinda unfair to Shannon as a man.

Advertisement
Back