Bartow bets big on the canes

I dont understand how some of these "experts" get their credibility. Remember last year when we fired Golden and Paul Finebaum called our program a "dumpster fire" and said that "no one wants to coach there". Im no expert, but I hardly see how any program with the biggest hotbed of recruits right in their back yard and gorgeous weather all year long could be considered a dumpster fire

Paul finebum is a *** dumpster who's integrity has been bought & paid for over & over. Everyone misses the big picture with the national media. Those **** boys at espn & other outlets are paid specifically to promote the sec. The sec is the NCAA cash cow & nothing can jeopardize it's outlook towards the Masses otherwise they can't justify the attention gave to it. These people are directly responsible for highschool kids everywhere being so blindly loyal to that conference. Reality is its one of the most top heavy crooked conferences in the whole NCAA. On top of that as a conference they don't produce anything but a defensive front seven or an oline... so overrated.

Agreed. I'm not holding my breath, but when they launch the acc network I'm hoping it balances things out a bit. they'll have $ interests in both conferences and it'll be in their best interests to have acc and sec look like the top dogs. Obviously acc will be geared towards bball but having an acc network can only help our cause

Not to be a pessimist as I do think it will help some (like it does for the big 10) that same argument for is actually the same argument against... big 10 has a huge network & it doesn't do anything for them except solidify their status as the oldest Lil brother to the sec. Acc network will essentially do the same for us. If only these kids had their own brains media would get held accountable for this ****. You can't speak on the dominance of the conference as a whole if the vast majority doesn't even compete against other power 5 schools & come bowl season their numbers are a joke considering they are supposed to dominate p5. I miss our days as an independent honestly

i see what you mean and agree mostly. I don't think UM could survive/remain relevant as an independent (although we man not be relevant right now anyways). notre dame has the ideal infrastructure, history alumni base to stay independent. as for the big 10 - do they have a linear network on espn? i think your right but i'm pretty sure its structured differently and similar to pac 12 (where conference owns the network). sec is 50/50 split so espn has more stake in it. the acc linear network will akin to the sec and longhorn ones. espn also invested a ridiculous amount of money for those rights so i'm hoping that incentivize them to prop up the acc. and, because its not dropping for two years, it might be perfect timing for us since we should be a consistent national contender by 2019..counting on pastor richt.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back