Barry sites lack of fan support...

Exactly. They think no one can have a different opinion or they are just stupid or don't really care about Miami football. Meanwhile, they ignore that there are many current players, past players, recruits, parents, and coaches, who have different views on the topic than they do. They complain about people "trashing" players when we point out that some of their under performance is on them, not the coaches, but then they trash any player, recruit, or parent that supports Golden by saying that anyone who supports Golden is either stupid, blinded and confused, doesn't know anything about football, or is somehow beholden to the staff and thus actually being dishonest (aka, lying). Would I prefer to see Golden gone and a different staff (if it's the right staff) in place? Absolutely. Does all of the childish, whiny, petulant, abusive, and downright pathetic behavior in any way help the program? Absolutely not.

Actually we just think you're stupid. For the record what day did you stop supporting Al?

Very mature response.

A potato gets the response he deserves.

For the record what day did you stop supporting Al?

Oh, the irony of your first statement.

Never. I support whoever the coach is. That's what makes me a fan. I want the team to win every game. I would support an idiot, or even you, if you were the coach. AG still should be fired, Blake James and the admin are ******** up, and there's no hope on the horizon. Maybe aliens, or a banner, will come save us all.

Advertisement
Yeah, it's the fans, not the **** coaching.

It's both. Not one single person said that the fans are the only problem. But pretending that the fan behavior doesn't have an impact, despite past players, current players, recruits, and parents saying otherwise, is nothing more than being willfully ignorant and intentionally blind.

I appreciate your insight...

Never. I support whoever the coach is. That's what makes me a fan. I want the team to win every game. I would support an idiot, or even you, if you were the coach. AG still should be fired, Blake James and the admin are ******** up, and there's no hope on the horizon. Maybe aliens, or a banner, will come save us all.

It doesn't make you a fan, it makes you ignorant. Like our admin and BOT, it shows you have no accountability. How does it help the greater good by supporting the current program? Please enlighten us. It shows you don't know what is best for the program and are truly apathetic to the cause. Anyone can say "Fire Al" but those are empty words if you support him (buy the product or donate etc.).

Like I said and will continue to say, people are disgusted with the results over the last 10+ seasons. People are voicing THEIR OPINIONS in different formats. Just like your entitled to support the canes "whoever the coach is", we're entitled to hold people accountable for their actions.

Let me know.

So enjoy the banners and the tweets or anything that results from the real issue.

LMAO...

NOW we know where the remaining Don Bailey Jr disciples post...the recruiting board. They've taken exile here and still waive their "improvement", "Winning cures all' and "Golden is a nice guy" flags.

Do us all a favor and take your loser mentalities and acceptance of mediocrity and go root for another team. There's a good chance most of them are probably Gator and FSU fans to be honest...if I were them I wouldn't want Golden gone either.

Fire Al Golden.

I'm gonna be sure to start hanging out on this board more often just to liven things up a little.

It's not just the empty is the tone and level of hate. .. Two of Shaq coaches frequent this site and they base the tone of the U based on what they see on this site and they think that Shaq is nuts for wanting to go to an over heating nuclear reactor... I on the other hand filter most of the stuff i see here out... i know for a fact if Butch was to come here and lose he would get the same treatment.. Wait he already did get this treatment banners included...and you better believe that was still on his mind that made his decision to leave that much easier

its just silly to go over to a message board after a difficult season and form opinions about fans. the venom would be the same at any other program. and maybe even more importantly its a vocal minority. I am not saying all hurricane fans are happy with the record but not all fans spew venom and troll message boards all day. I know plenty of die hard canes fans that probably do not know this site exists.

Advertisement
Yeah. Because it's the fans' fault this staff runs a defensive scheme designed to give up as many points as possible

It doesn't make you a fan, it makes you ignorant. Like our admin and BOT, it shows you have no accountability. How does it help the greater good by supporting the current program? Please enlighten us. It shows you don't know what is best for the program and are truly apathetic to the cause. Anyone can say "Fire Al" but those are empty words if you support him (buy the product or donate etc.).

Like I said and will continue to say, people are disgusted with the results over the last 10+ seasons. People are voicing THEIR OPINIONS in different formats. Just like your entitled to support the canes "whoever the coach is", we're entitled to hold people accountable for their actions.

Let me know.

So enjoy the banners and the tweets or anything that results from the real issue.

What a bunch of BS blabbering. I'm disgusted with the results, too. I'm guessing that Calais Campbell isn't very happy either. I "support" the program by wanting them to win every game they play. The end. That's the definition of a fan. The rest of your drivel is nothing but the incoherent musings of a rotten potato (or a lawyer...oh, wait...). I don't pay attention to banners or juveniles tweeting recruits, but feel free to express yourself that way if it makes you somehow feel like more of a man. I'm secure, thanks.

It's the administration's job to fix the attendance issues! I guarantee if Butch or Schiano were coach the attendance would be 55K minimum right off. Then winning games and SoFl recruits, 67K easily! Can't ask the fans to be dedicated when the administration isn't! Fire Alice Grolden!

It's the administration's job to fix the attendance issues! I guarantee if Butch or Schiano were coach the attendance would be 55K minimum right off. Then winning games and SoFl recruits, 67K easily! Can't ask the fans to be dedicated when the administration isn't! Fire Alice Grolden!

I was in Miami during many of the years when we had a top 10 team. Attendance was utter crap at all but the biggest games. I went to many games in the OB where there were empty seats all around. Golden's coaching leaves a lot to be desired, but the fan base is small, fickle, and largely bandwagon given the size of the school and the make up of the population of South Florida. That's got nothing to do with the coaches.

Here are the average attendance numbers since 1981:

1981 6 239,106 39,851
1982 6 180,602 30,100
1983 5 222,839 44,555
1984 5 247,852* 41,309
1985 5 225,353 45,070
1986 6 291,427 48,571
1987 7 377,444 53,920
1988 7 371,742 53,106
1989 6 309,805 51,634
1990 6 372,577 62,096
1991 6 347,785 57,964
1992 6 334,052 55,675
1993 6 287,319 47,887
1994 6 361,986 60,331
1995 6 229,223 38,204
1996 6 249,670 41,612
1997 6 173,495 28,916
1998 6 259,209 43,202
1999 6 235,578 39,263
2000 6 350,578 58,430
2001 6 282,972 46,162
2002 6 417,233 69,539
2003 7 406,945 58,135
2004 6 354,803 59,134
2005 6 271,862 45,310
2006 7 293,359 41,908
2007 7 305,124 43,589
*includes home game at Tampa Stadium vs. Florida
SUN LIFE STADIUM (2008-PRESENT)
2008 6 277,792 46,299
2009 6 285,306 47,551
2010 7 369,473 52,782
2011 7 340,576 48,654
2012 6 286,315 47,719
2013 7 376,857 53,837

Last edited:
Advertisement
This dk72 moron might just be bomb.

I mean...unless there are really TWO abortions of that magnitude walking among our fan base

As a parent of a potential recruit or even a recruit him self we have to support the staff in place... the only way around that is not come...If a kid decides to play for the U then I would expect nothing less than 100 percent on and off the field.. 21 years in the military...my efforts didnt change becuse of who was in charge...i work for some studs and duds but my duty was 100 percent regardless... manuchia will work itself out

I mean...unless there are really TWO abortions of that magnitude walking among our fan base

Another useless post by you. I posted facts. I posted data. You post like a whiny child. Like I said, I was there, sitting in many half-empty Orange Bowls watching UM play when we played against any non-marquise team...while we were top 10. The facts were laid out for you. Maybe the numbers are too big (more than single digits) and confused you?

Last edited:

Another useless post by you. I posted facts. I posted data. You post like a whiny child. Like I said, I was there, sitting in many half-empty Orange Bowls watching UM play when we played against any non-marquise team...while we were top 10. The facts were laid out for you. Maybe the numbers are too big (more than single digits) and confused you?

Hey ****face...the next post you conjure up that contributes anything remotely close to "value" or "worth" will be the first.

Get your head out of Golden's *** and make sure to follow him to his next destination.

Advertisement

Hey ****face...the next post you conjure up that contributes anything remotely close to "value" or "worth" will be the first.

Get your head out of Golden's *** and make sure to follow him to his next destination.

So again, nothing of substance from you. Maybe I can get a 2nd grader to explain the numbers I posted to you. The kid might be able to get it down to a level even you can understand. Not sure how posting facts about attendance equals having my "head in Golden's ***."

So again, nothing of substance from you. Maybe I can get a 2nd grader to explain the numbers I posted to you. The kid might be able to get it down to a level even you can understand. Not sure how posting facts about attendance equals having my "head in Golden's ***."

Thanks for posting the stats. Looks like we've been consistent as **** in attending games. I applaud the fans who have stuck by the program for the past 11 years. It hasn't been the best chapter in our teams history but any true fan knows we have made this brand one of the most lucrative in terms of merchandising and the myriad other ways we've shown our support.

Advertisement

Let me know.

What a bunch of BS blabbering. I'm disgusted with the results, too. I'm guessing that Calais Campbell isn't very happy either. I "support" the program by wanting them to win every game they play. The end. That's the definition of a fan. The rest of your drivel is nothing but the incoherent musings of a rotten potato (or a lawyer...oh, wait...). I don't pay attention to banners or juveniles tweeting recruits, but feel free to express yourself that way if it makes you somehow feel like more of a man. I'm secure, thanks.

That is your definition of a fan. Not sure who doesn't want Miami to win every game, but wanting Miami to win is irrelevant on the actual result. Here is the thing, ALbort is not going to win every game. In fact he lost more than he won last year. Supporting AL means your supporting his current product and the status quo.

We know, based on his tenure, that he can't win. So supporting Al STILL means you either think he can right the ship (i.e. Win all the games) or your supporting the status quo. Either way it is not what's best for Miami.

I am not going to support ALbort. Why?

Because he blows and is terrible for our program. We need someone who can win and that is not ALbort. So you do you, I will do me.

Last edited:
As a parent of a potential recruit or even a recruit him self we have to support the staff in place... the only way around that is not come...If a kid decides to play for the U then I would expect nothing less than 100 percent on and off the field.. 21 years in the military...my efforts didnt change becuse of who was in charge...i work for some studs and duds but my duty was 100 percent regardless... manuchia will work itself out

I'm a veteran as well and comparing being in the military to supporting the staff is a horrible comparison.

I was in Miami during many of the years when we had a top 10 team. Attendance was utter crap at all but the biggest games. I went to many games in the OB where there were empty seats all around. Golden's coaching leaves a lot to be desired, but the fan base is small, fickle, and largely bandwagon given the size of the school and the make up of the population of South Florida. That's got nothing to do with the coaches.

Here are the average attendance numbers since 1981:

1981 6 239,106 39,851
1982 6 180,602 30,100
1983 5 222,839 44,555
1984 5 247,852* 41,309
1985 5 225,353 45,070
1986 6 291,427 48,571
1987 7 377,444 53,920
1988 7 371,742 53,106
1989 6 309,805 51,634
1990 6 372,577 62,096
1991 6 347,785 57,964
1992 6 334,052 55,675
1993 6 287,319 47,887
1994 6 361,986 60,331
1995 6 229,223 38,204
1996 6 249,670 41,612
1997 6 173,495 28,916
1998 6 259,209 43,202
1999 6 235,578 39,263
2000 6 350,578 58,430
2001 6 282,972 46,162
2002 6 417,233 69,539
2003 7 406,945 58,135
2004 6 354,803 59,134
2005 6 271,862 45,310
2006 7 293,359 41,908
2007 7 305,124 43,589
*includes home game at Tampa Stadium vs. Florida
SUN LIFE STADIUM (2008-PRESENT)
2008 6 277,792 46,299
2009 6 285,306 47,551
2010 7 369,473 52,782
2011 7 340,576 48,654
2012 6 286,315 47,719
2013 7 376,857 53,837

"ditto"

..and anyone who actually believes that about Davis or Schiano is sadly mistaken.. and very out of touch with reality!
Miami could win every game for 5 years in a row and they would never average those numbers in this day and age and in these economic times.

add in that if Schiano wanted this job he could have had it.. and Davis? ..really?
..does anyone in their right mind think that Miami will pay the money that at this point either of these guys would command?
amazing.. Coker ws everyone's answer.. Shannon was everyone's answer.. Golden was everyone's answer.. ~ NEXT?

Let me know.

That is your definition of a fan. Not sure who doesn't want Miami to win every game, but wanting Miami to win is irrelevant on the actual result. Here is the thing, ALbort is not going to win every game. In fact he lost more than he won last year. Supporting AL means your supporting his current product and the status quo.

We know, based on his tenure, that he can't win. So supporting Al STILL means you either think he can right the ship (i.e. Win all the games) or your supporting the status quo. Either way it is not what's best for Miami.

I am not going to support ALbort. Why?

Because he blows and is terrible for our program. We need someone who can win and that is not ALbort. So you do you, I will do me.

"You're" incredibly dense. First, there are countless threads with the majority of people saying that they're rooting against Miami. Second, when did I say AG or any other coach would win every game? When did I say that I support the current product or the status quo? When did I say that I thought he could right the ship? I do not believe that AG can win here, but I will hope he does for as long as he's here, because that's what a fan does. You have the common sense and logical reasoning skills of an amoeba.

Advertisement
Back