Barry sites lack of fan support...

Advertisement
It's not just the empty is the tone and level of hate. .. Two of Shaq coaches frequent this site and they base the tone of the U based on what they see on this site and they think that Shaq is nuts for wanting to go to an over heating nuclear reactor... I on the other hand filter most of the stuff i see here out... i know for a fact if Butch was to come here and lose he would get the same treatment.. Wait he already did get this treatment banners included...and you better believe that was still on his mind that made his decision to leave that much easier

That's actually the best thing I've heard in a while. I'm glad his coaches/advisors come here and gauge the hate...because it's real and it's warranted.

I'd prefer they shut the football program down as opposed to running it into the ground the way they are. Putting my selfish Cane hat on for a second I'm glad some of the local talented kids are looking past this year and coming anyways knowing Golden will eventually be gone...

But if I had a kid at that age and caliber graduating high school I'd have a hard time sleeping at night knowing I was sending him to learn from this incompetent staff and basically lose a year (Golden's lame duck year).

We are staring at the low point right now. A horrible coach, coming off a horrible season, and the whole thing is being orchestrated by a horrible inept set of decision makers. In my 35+ years following this program it's never felt this bad...at least back in the 70's it wasn't that bad cause we didn't have a winning history.

This program is being destroyed before our eyes.

Stop being senile man. You are Just bashing the program in front of one of our star recruits father? What, that's suppose to make you cool? You don't want good players coming to help miami out? Pay this man no attention Uknowwhat... Yeah we just went 6-7 but with the talent we have can easiliy be turned around.

Senile? What the **** planet are you living on? It's called reality.

It all starts at the top. Until we don't fix that problem none of it matters. Look at how much talent was on last years team and these morons running the program FOUND A WAY to go 6-7 despite a predominately ACC Coastal heavy schedule.

Stop slurping and focus on what we can do to make the administrations life impossible in order to force change. Getting a competent coach in here can get this thing turned around relatively quickly. The reason you're acting the way you are is because you've FORGOTTEN what a competent set of coaches looks like since it's been over a decade since that was the case.

Try to look past the end of your nose for 2 ******* seconds and stop worrying about recruiting. We have MUCH bigger problems and deterrents to success at the moment.

Miami fans hate it when they get exposed as the worst in major college football. They don't go to games, whine and moan endlessly about the coach. This isn't Golden blaming the fan base, this is a recruit saying Miami fan sux and he might not come here for that reason.

Idiots like this simply shouldn't be allowed to post on this site...or breed.

This isn't Golden blaming the fanbase? Well you're right *******...it's kids regurgitating what's been NEGATIVELY recruited at them from opposing coaches because they know our program is currently in shambles and are pulling out all the punches.

When are some of the remaining Don Bailey Jr moronic ******** on this site going to come to the conclusion that this problem at the top needs to be addressed before it's even worth worrying about the trickle down effect?

I'd neg you 400 more times if this thing allowed me to do so.

It's not just the empty is the tone and level of hate. .. Two of Shaq coaches frequent this site and they base the tone of the U based on what they see on this site and they think that Shaq is nuts for wanting to go to an over heating nuclear reactor... I on the other hand filter most of the stuff i see here out... i know for a fact if Butch was to come here and lose he would get the same treatment.. Wait he already did get this treatment banners included...and you better believe that was still on his mind that made his decision to leave that much easier

That's actually the best thing I've heard in a while. I'm glad his coaches/advisors come here and gauge the hate...because it's real and it's warranted.

I'd prefer they shut the football program down as opposed to running it into the ground the way they are. Putting my selfish Cane hat on for a second I'm glad some of the local talented kids are looking past this year and coming anyways knowing Golden will eventually be gone...

But if I had a kid at that age and caliber graduating high school I'd have a hard time sleeping at night knowing I was sending him to learn from this incompetent staff and basically lose a year (Golden's lame duck year).

We are staring at the low point right now. A horrible coach, coming off a horrible season, and the whole thing is being orchestrated by a horrible inept set of decision makers. In my 35+ years following this program it's never felt this bad...at least back in the 70's it wasn't that bad cause we didn't have a winning history.

Stop being senile man. You are Just bashing the program in front of one of our star recruits father? What, that's suppose to make you cool? You don't want good players coming to help miami out? Pay this man no attention Uknowwhat... Yeah we just went 6-7 but with the talent we have can easiliy be turned around.

It all starts at the top. Until we don't fix that problem none of it matters. Look at how much talent was on last years team and these morons running the program FOUND A WAY to go 6-7 despite a predominately ACC Coastal heavy schedule.

Stop slurping and focus on what we can do to make the administrations life impossible in order to force change. Getting a competent coach in here can get this thing turned around relatively quickly. The reason you're acting the way you are is because you've FORGOTTEN what a competent set of coaches looks like since it's been over a decade since that was the case.

Try to look past the end of your nose for 2 ****ing seconds and stop worrying about recruiting. We have MUCH bigger problems and deterrents to success at the moment.

Ain't no slurping about it. But all I'm saying is don't be dumb and ridicule miami in front of one of our recruits parent. That's not going to help is one bit. You don't like golden, I don't either but I love the miami football program. stop bashing it man...

Try to look past the end of your nose for 2 ****ing seconds and stop worrying about recruiting. We have MUCH bigger problems and deterrents to success at the moment.

Ain't no slurping about it. But all I'm saying is don't be dumb and ridicule miami in front of one of our recruits parent. That's not going to help is one bit. You don't like golden, I don't either but I love the miami football program. stop bashing it man...

It's all slurping, brah. It's pretty much all you do.

Wake the **** up already. I'm going to bash it until the day he's gone. It's time for absolute anarchy and embarrassment. This administration deserves every ounce of hate, venom, and embarrassment that is going to come it's way this season. If you really care about the program think big picture...stop worrying about individual recruiting battles for individual players. In today's college football you can't win with incompetent coaches...doesn't matter how much talent you have.

The more negativity, mayhem, and utter chaos that engulfs the program right now...the better. These ******** won't act so it needs to be forced upon them.

Advertisement

As someone who is the father of a prized recruit, as well as a very knowledgeable person both about football and about the recruiting community, I very much appreciate that you are willing to speak up on this issue. While I'm not a big fan of how the staff has been operating (though far overstated by many), the pretense around here that fan behavior doesn't negatively impact recruiting is completely ignorant and ridiculous. I've been a rabid fan for many decades and an alumnus, and have seen how our fan base is for the most part. This isn't a school for a player to go to if fan support is a top priority because it's always been minimal, mostly bandwagon support when we are successful (I was at the stadium with tons of empty seats around me in the OB during our glory days during many games featuring non-marquise opponents). The funny thing is it seems that there are more "fans" when things aren't going right, because suddenly there are countless people acting like raving lunatics, attacking and trying to destroy everything under the guise of wanting to "burn it all down to build it back up." So hearing about the real impacts and views of recruits and parents in response to fan behavior is enlightening and important....though most on here choose to ignore it anyway.

As someone who is the father of a prized recruit, as well as a very knowledgeable person both about football and about the recruiting community, I very much appreciate that you are willing to speak up on this issue. While I'm not a big fan of how the staff has been operating (though far overstated by many), the pretense around here that fan behavior doesn't negatively impact recruiting is completely ignorant and ridiculous. I've been a rabid fan for many decades and an alumnus, and have seen how our fan base is for the most part. This isn't a school for a player to go to if fan support is a top priority because it's always been minimal, mostly bandwagon support when we are successful (I was at the stadium with tons of empty seats around me in the OB during our glory days during many games featuring non-marquise opponents). The funny thing is it seems that there are more "fans" when things aren't going right, because suddenly there are countless people acting like raving lunatics, attacking and trying to destroy everything under the guise of wanting to "burn it all down to build it back up." So hearing about the real impacts and views of recruits and parents in response to fan behavior is enlightening and important....though most on here choose to ignore it anyway.

fans are nuts plus u have alot of FSU and UF fans trolling as miami fans. one thing people on this board dont get is there are actually people in football, alumni, and high school world who like Al Golden. i had a family friend play for him at temple and really liked him alot. Winning will cure all.

fans are nuts plus u have alot of FSU and UF fans trolling as miami fans. one thing people on this board dont get is there are actually people in football, alumni, and high school world who like Al Golden. i had a family friend play for him at temple and really liked him alot. Winning will cure all.

Exactly. They think no one can have a different opinion or they are just stupid or don't really care about Miami football. Meanwhile, they ignore that there are many current players, past players, recruits, parents, and coaches, who have different views on the topic than they do. They complain about people "trashing" players when we point out that some of their under performance is on them, not the coaches, but then they trash any player, recruit, or parent that supports Golden by saying that anyone who supports Golden is either stupid, blinded and confused, doesn't know anything about football, or is somehow beholden to the staff and thus actually being dishonest (aka, lying). Would I prefer to see Golden gone and a different staff (if it's the right staff) in place? Absolutely. Does all of the childish, whiny, petulant, abusive, and downright pathetic behavior in any way help the program? Absolutely not.

if butch davis came back and didnt win a national title in his first year, they would call for his firing too.

Advertisement
Exactly. They think no one can have a different opinion or they are just stupid or don't really care about Miami football. Meanwhile, they ignore that there are many current players, past players, recruits, parents, and coaches, who have different views on the topic than they do. They complain about people "trashing" players when we point out that some of their under performance is on them, not the coaches, but then they trash any player, recruit, or parent that supports Golden by saying that anyone who supports Golden is either stupid, blinded and confused, doesn't know anything about football, or is somehow beholden to the staff and thus actually being dishonest (aka, lying). Would I prefer to see Golden gone and a different staff (if it's the right staff) in place? Absolutely. Does all of the childish, whiny, petulant, abusive, and downright pathetic behavior in any way help the program? Absolutely not.

Actually we just think you're stupid. For the record what day did you stop supporting Al?

In all honesty, I feel we are like the old Hoya's in hoops under Big Thompson. Regardless if u liked or hated the Hoya's, u always talked about them. When we win and are the supposed thugs of the game, we draw the young impressionable youth. U see our jersey's and hats alot. Now, that we are not that good, and are not playing the thuggish style/attitude, we are really falling out of the lime light like we have been in certain era's of the past. Golden being the so called squeaky clean coach, is not what Miami needs. They need someone who will flaunt our old style of play and players in other people's faces. Without that style, we are an afterthought with fans, both inside and outside of South Florida. Golden reminds me of a LL coach who wants the game to end in a tie and eat ice cream afterwards with both teams. Schnellenberger, Johnson and Erickson wanted to beat u up, win game, and not shake hands afterwards. If we ever want to be something again, we need a ruthless coach like those 3 again.

Advertisement

Actually we just think you're stupid. For the record what day did you stop supporting Al?

Very mature response.

Very mature response.

A potato gets the response he deserves.

For the record what day did you stop supporting Al?

Yeah, it's the fans, not the **** coaching.

It's both. Not one single person said that the fans are the only problem. But pretending that the fan behavior doesn't have an impact, despite past players, current players, recruits, and parents saying otherwise, is nothing more than being willfully ignorant and intentionally blind.

Advertisement

Very mature response.

Connie is all about maturity, class, intelligence, and logic. You can see it throughout all of his posts.

It's both. Not one single person said that the fans are the only problem. But pretending that the fan behavior doesn't have an impact, despite past players, current players, recruits, and parents saying otherwise, is nothing more than being willfully ignorant and intentionally blind.

i said last year if Sony Michel sitting in an empty stadium while we are 6-0 going for 7-0 had an impact. He goes to georgia, a perennial 8-4 team and they sell out every game. it had an influence.

i said last year if Sony Michel sitting in an empty stadium while we are 6-0 going for 7-0 had an impact. He goes to georgia, a perennial 8-4 team and they sell out every game. it had an influence.

Various recruits have straight up said it's an issue. Walton, despite being a firm commit, has made comments critical of the fan base and their behavior. Many others have as well. But there are certain idiots on here who's brain can't deal with more than binary choices, think that if it's not an attack on the coaches and administration, it's not real or valid.

Very mature response.

Connie is all about maturity, class, intelligence, and logic. You can see it throughout all of his posts.

When did you stop supporting Al?

Advertisement
Back