Barry sites lack of fan support...

Some of you guys are missing the kid's point. He isn't making excuses, he's pointing out a fact that gets taken into account by a lot of potential recruits. We're a small fan base to start in a town that has lots of other options to spend recreational dollars and who typically won't spend those dollars on a boring on field product. Lack of attendance at our games definately hurts our recruiting with these kids, especially the high profile guys who are mini primadonas to start. They want the attention and accolades that comes from lots of fan love, and playing in front of an apparently empty stadium doesn't cut it.

We're not getting a bigger student body and I don't see the demographics, entertainment options or spending habits of south floridians changing anytime in the near future. The ONLY option and solution to this issue is to start winning consistently again. Win and they will come.

The sooner the U admin understands and acts on this simple fact, the sooner the fans and recruits will return.

Advertisement
It's not an excuse it's an observation and rationale evaluation of the program and it's fans by a recruit. The evaluation seems fair

Some of you guys are missing the kid's point. He isn't making excuses, he's pointing out a fact that gets taken into account by a lot of potential recruits. We're a small fan base to start in a town that has lots of other options to spend recreational dollars and who typically won't spend those dollars on a boring on field product. Lack of attendance at our games definately hurts our recruiting with these kids, especially the high profile guys who are mini primadonas to start. They want the attention and accolades that comes from lots of fan love, and playing in front of an apparently empty stadium doesn't cut it.

We're not getting a bigger student body and I don't see the demographics, entertainment options or spending habits of south floridians changing anytime in the near future. The ONLY option and solution to this issue is to start winning consistently again. Win and they will come.

The sooner the U admin understands and acts on this simple fact, the sooner the fans and recruits will return.

we can win which will help but that wont solve attendance issues. it'll get better but wont be close to what these kids see at other places. even the 01 team couldnt draw a soul for some of their games.

Advertisement

we can win which will help but that wont solve attendance issues. it'll get better but wont be close to what these kids see at other places. even the 01 team couldnt draw a soul for some of their games.

Oh, I agree miami will never have the fan base of a Nebraska or Michigan or even a Florida, playing to sold out stadiums while playing St. Mary's of the Plains. Our student body is just too small and there are too many other distractions for locals to do. However, win like we did during our championship run years and there will be plenty of fans in the stands for meaningful games, not to mention being headliner TV stars. This the kids can relate to.

Who's job is to make the fans come out? Sorry no one is obligated to go to that atrocity. No emotion, no life, getting beaten by crap teams of an operation. Yeah go to town on the fans. Forget the loser of a coach and loser of an admin who has presided over this mess. They milked the cloud now its time to blame the fans. Good luck with that. No one told them to stick with El Foldo. Good luck filling that dump. Kids can go where the **** they like. Its the schools job to make them want to go to Miami and make the fans want to come out. Instead its more blame fans month. Thanx

Yeah I don't see this as any kind of excuse.. this is a recruit telling it how it is and we have no one to blame but ourselves as a fan base for our ****** lack of attendance over the years. Wish we had a smaller stadium closer to campus and a coach that inspired our fan base to put more asses in the seats

Advertisement
Miami fans hate it when they get exposed as the worst in major college football. They don't go to games, whine and moan endlessly about the coach. This isn't Golden blaming the fan base, this is a recruit saying Miami fan sux and he might not come here for that reason.

Any more excuses?

Wind
Night games
Cloud
Mean fans
Empty stadium

This.

People who makes excuses aren't winners, plain and simple.

Anyone who doesn't admit the empty stadium drives alot of recruits away is delusional. Win or lose we have a ton of empty seats. Major fodder for negative recruiting and simply a negative in general.

Our "fanbase" is lousy. We should be thrilled we get the talent we get considering our lack of support - especially these days.

Last edited:
If I was 18 and had an opportunity of playing here or in front of an SEC crowd every week I would be gone. We as fans suck plain and simple, make whatever excuses you want. The admin could hirer Jimmy Jihnson and the stadium wouldn't be full.

Advertisement
We need a stadium like FAU, but close to campus. We do not need more than a 30K stadium except for when FSU comes to town. Then just have the FSU game every other year at Sun Life.

To be quite honest our fans are ******* amazing.

We have a program which is situated in the most fertile recruiting land in the entire country and a program full of winning tradition. This should be one of the easiest jobs in the country. Instead we have idiots of historical magnitude running something that none of us thought a decade ago could be run into the ground, straight into the ground.

We've watched the worst administration in the country hire 3 straight ****** coaching staffs, extend said 3 ****** coaching staffs (all prematurely mind you), and then take too long to fire all 3 ****** coaching staffs (we're currently living in purgatory). To be quite honest it's ******* amazing someone hasn't set the Hecht on fire.

Ask yourself this question...if Saban left Alabama tomorrow and you plugged our administration/decision makers into the equivalent spots for the Tide...what would their fan base do? You'd have every hick south of the Mason Dixon line moving their mobile homes onto the front lawn of the aforementioned decision makers and probably finding a way to blow up the **** campus.

We've endured more than any fanbase in the country. Articles like that are the definition of dog****....lack of fan support? Be thankful you have anyone left on the this planet who takes the time to even visit a related website and post about a program that is dying before our very eyes. Those same fans are using THEIR OWN MONEY to take out banners, billboards, and other avenues of communication to let the world know we still care and this thing can be saved.

**** this administration. Fire Al Golden. Don't renew your season tickets and don't buy individual game tickets either.

Last edited:
It's not just the empty is the tone and level of hate. .. Two of Shaq coaches frequent this site and they base the tone of the U based on what they see on this site and they think that Shaq is nuts for wanting to go to an over heating nuclear reactor... I on the other hand filter most of the stuff i see here out... i know for a fact if Butch was to come here and lose he would get the same treatment.. Wait he already did get this treatment banners included...and you better believe that was still on his mind that made his decision to leave that much easier

Advertisement
It's not just the empty is the tone and level of hate. .. Two of Shaq coaches frequent this site and they base the tone of the U based on what they see on this site and they think that Shaq is nuts for wanting to go to an over heating nuclear reactor... I on the other hand filter most of the stuff i see here out... i know for a fact if Butch was to come here and lose he would get the same treatment.. Wait he already did get this treatment banners included...and you better believe that was still on his mind that made his decision to leave that much easier

That's actually the best thing I've heard in a while. I'm glad his coaches/advisors come here and gauge the hate...because it's real and it's warranted.

I'd prefer they shut the football program down as opposed to running it into the ground the way they are. Putting my selfish Cane hat on for a second I'm glad some of the local talented kids are looking past this year and coming anyways knowing Golden will eventually be gone...

But if I had a kid at that age and caliber graduating high school I'd have a hard time sleeping at night knowing I was sending him to learn from this incompetent staff and basically lose a year (Golden's lame duck year).

We are staring at the low point right now. A horrible coach, coming off a horrible season, and the whole thing is being orchestrated by a horrible inept set of decision makers. In my 35+ years following this program it's never felt this bad...at least back in the 70's it wasn't that bad cause we didn't have a winning history.

This program is being destroyed before our eyes.

Ironic, since Canes fans site lack of competent coaching for our current predicament.

That's actually the best thing I've heard in a while. I'm glad his coaches/advisors come here and gauge the hate...because it's real and it's warranted.

I'd prefer they shut the football program down as opposed to running it into the ground the way they are. Putting my selfish Cane hat on for a second I'm glad some of the local talented kids are looking past this year and coming anyways knowing Golden will eventually be gone...

But if I had a kid at that age and caliber graduating high school I'd have a hard time sleeping at night knowing I was sending him to learn from this incompetent staff and basically lose a year (Golden's lame duck year).

We are staring at the low point right now. A horrible coach, coming off a horrible season, and the whole thing is being orchestrated by a horrible inept set of decision makers. In my 35+ years following this program it's never felt this bad...at least back in the 70's it wasn't that bad cause we didn't have a winning history.

This program is being destroyed before our eyes.

Stop being senile man. You are Just bashing the program in front of one of our star recruits father? What, that's suppose to make you cool? You don't want good players coming to help miami out? Pay this man no attention Uknowwhat... Yeah we just went 6-7 but with the talent we have can easiliy be turned around.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back