Barry Jackson's latest

brock

All-American
Is it me or has he been pretty bad this year?

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/barry-jackson/article131330009.html

"UM has great confidence in Chris Herndon, but he’s not as explosive an athlete as NFL-bound David Njoku, and there’s serious concern about depth."

First off he states that chris Herndon is not as explosive as an athlete as David njoku? Well who the **** in college football is?... come on now

Last edited:
Advertisement
are we supposed to act surprised at south florida media sucking ***ing ***?

Too bad Herndon is athletic as ****. I know Njoku was a YAC-beast but Herndon gets YAC too.

Too bad Herndon is athletic as ****. I know Njoku was a YAC-beast but Herndon gets YAC too.
Exactly Herndon showed out in the spring last year. Would have had even bigger numbers receiving if he didn't have to stay in a block for majority of the game. Herndon is in the upper tier group in terms of athletic ability of a tight end. I remember clear as day Herndon burning Nigel bethel on a go route when booker t played norcross a few years ago and bethel is 10.5 guy in the 100m

Advertisement
Herndon is going to have a monster year in 2017. I know this past season was pretty much the Njoku show at TE, but Herndon looked pretty **** good when he touched the ball as well. Not only that, but he actually put up much better numbers than most realize. Not so sure he will be a first round guy, but I think he's going to surprise a lot of people next season.

Herndon and our TE situation will be fine. Barry Jackson has early onset dementia apparently

Advertisement
Njoku is being talked about as one of the best TEs to ever come out. lol. That's a lot to live up to. If Herndon turns out to be a draftable NFL talent, which is very reasonable given the little glimpses we've seen, that will be plenty enough for our offense.

People are sleep on Herndon like they slept on Njoku. He's **** athletic himself. Just didn't get the opportunities because he was behind a first-round TE. He'll get his shot this season.

TEU continues.

People are sleep on Herndon like they slept on Njoku. He's **** athletic himself. Just didn't get the opportunities because he was behind a first-round TE. He'll get his shot this season.

TEU continues.

I remember Chris blowing the doors off of Nigel Bethel back in high school. Dude can move.

i actually agree with the depth concerns at TE..

do they have talent? yea i think so.

but both have been very, very immature. could you rely on them? i hope so.

Advertisement

Maybe I missed a few plays or something, but Herndon always seemed like a fullback after he's caught the ball.

I'd love to see Irving, Jr or young Njoku step up this year.

Advertisement
Herndon is probably underrated but newspapers are less optimistic about UM football then UM message boards are. Yeah I know somebody's opinion is BS if they're less optimistic about Miami football than canesinsight.com is.

Last edited:
He's so underrated, the equipment guy spelled his name wrong on his jersey for the App State game

Speaking of Herndon, when Norcross played against BTW, Lorenzo Carter got absolutely handled by BTW's LT. I can't remember his name though, anyone know where he ended up?

Advertisement
Back