Barry Jackson's latest

I think Herndon is going to have a real nice year. His high school tape was impressive, and a versatile player which is why he was a jack of many trades last season while Njoku racked up the catches. Herndon's our new #1 , and he'll put up numbers.

How many really depends on when Richt remembers he has TEs, because last year it happened a little after halfway through the season.

Advertisement
Don't see anything wrong with Barry's statement.

That's because nothing was wrong with what Barry said. Herndon isn't the athlete Njoku. People should still be confident in Herndon, but people shouldn't expect the same type of explosive long plays. The young kids need to grow up because the TE position has a chance to be woefully thin.

Sometimes I can't believe the things people complain about on here. But then you see this and it all makes sense

Herndon won't make the explosive plays that Njoku did but he will be more versatile. There's no reason he can't be a consistent chain mover with the occasional 20 plus yard play.

Advertisement
Don't see anything wrong with Barry's statement.

I agree that Irvin and Haskins has to mature but who doesn't? And imo Herndon is a very good athlete in his own right at tight end

He made two true statements.

1) Herndon, while good in his own right, is not as explosive as Njoku.
2) Thanks to immaturity issues on the part of Haskins and Irvin, depth is a concern.

Barry's target audience is the average Herald reader who may (or may not) watch the games but doesn't know the players like we do here. So what's the point in taking him to task?

I guess every other TE in the nation is crap, Barry considering Njoku was the most athletic TE in CFB last season. Thanks for the scorching hot takes.

What's next, Bama's going to win the SEC and ESPN's going to be pumping sunshine up their collective a$$es?

Stating the obvious here but those quotes strike me as a call out/wake up call for Hawkins and Irvin. Seems like typical coach speech to me.

Advertisement
well if you compare Herndon to Njoku then maybe.
however if you compare Herndon to the average TE out there in college i would say he is a notch better
Njoku may end up being the best TE in the NFL amongst current players so the comparison is a little skewed

Advertisement
What's funny to me is how people all over this board, leading up to the season, were talking about Herndon ahead of Njoku. They got caught up in the hype train rather than understanding what they saw from both TE's. Even fewer people saw Njoku as our most likely first round draft pick this year, I happened to be one of them.

Nothing wrong with Herndon, Barry called it right. Solid guy to takethe starting spot.

What's funny to me is how people all over this board, leading up to the season, were talking about Herndon ahead of Njoku. They got caught up in the hype train rather than understanding what they saw from both TE's. Even fewer people saw Njoku as our most likely first round draft pick this year, I happened to be one of them.

Nothing wrong with Herndon, Barry called it right. Solid guy to takethe starting spot.

lol. Liar.

Advertisement

lol. Liar.

Please, people focused on who the better blocker was, their hands, and which would suit Richt's offense better. Seems David did just fine, sure there's room for improvement, but he balled out.

Herndon looks pretty good to me. I think he will have a very nice year. He will benefit big time from being in Rick's system for a second year. It's early but this is a first round guy if we do it right this year.

Depth is a concern on paper but I think we will be fine. Somehow, If big fast athletic kids play TE at the U they turn into studs. We got big fast athletic kids backing up Herndon. I am not worried.

Advertisement
Back