Barry Jackson...

Unfortunately it sounds like the administration is going to let this get to (and I hope I’m wrong) the Point where manny loses the team completely and fights break out. We as fans only have so much power I.e. tickets merchandise etc. I suppose a good brawl and public embarrassment will get him the boot.
I hope someone stomps on the TD rings after that j@ck@ss assistant forces him to wear them

How f*cking pathetic that we have a grown *** man telling a 20 year old “YOU BETTER PUT ON THAT JEWELRY”. and “YOU BETTER DANCE YOUR *** OFF”

GTFOH with this nonsense

Advertisement
The Matt Rhule analogy is so incredibly short-sighted. Wow. Rhule took over a program one year removed from a stop gap in Jim Grobe from the 2nd worst scandal in the history of college football (Sandusky being first) and a program destroyed culturally and in multiple ways.

The reason he went 1-11 is because he had to totally rebuild the program. Don't be fooled. Diaz has had no scandals AND has been part of the program (A BIG PART) over the past 4 years. He has been integral to this 'disease' he keeps complaining.

Again, this is a non-story cultivated to stir up the masses by a hack 'journalist'. Diaz could have gone 1-11 himself and not gotten fired. Even Taggart got a second year and didn't make a bowl in his first year.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Our AD is awful but when was the last time a HC was fired after year 1? Now if Manny decides to run it back with the same sorry sack of coaches in his second year...

Not sure where to begin:

1. How many HCs were coaching the D for the 3 years prior to taking their gig? Didn't Manny know, at least, half the players on the team? Didn't he recruit those players?

2. Why does it matter that no HC was fired after year 1? Does that mean it shouldn't be done?

Mike Haywood was fired before a year. Cam Cameron, Mike Price, George O'Leary and Bobby Petrino.

None of this means anything.

Advertisement
Per Barry Jackson...
UM intends to retain Manny Diaz as coach next season regardless of how this season finishes, according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
Diaz is 6-5 in his first year at UM, with the Hurricanes set to conclude their season Saturday at Duke and in an undetermined bowl game. But even if Miami loses both of those games, Diaz will not be fired.

The administration has faith in Diaz and believes judging him one season into a five-year contract would be unfair and premature. There’s no Board of Trustee pressure to make a coaching change, even after Saturday’s stunning loss to FIU.
There are several examples of coaches who rallied after poor first seasons. UM is well aware, for example, that Matt Rhule was 1-11 in his first year at Baylor in 2017 and has rebounded to go 7-6 last season and 10-1 this season entering Saturday’s regular-season finale at Kansas...

Matt Rhule had track record as a HC, stupid to use him as an example. We’re fvcked. Only thing I like was the use of the word “intend” at the beginning, gives some hope his *** will get let go, along with Blake!
So Miami admin thinks we are Baylor. That says it all, show is over folks.

That mother ****** has a 5 year contract? ****.
Blake has zero clue in how to negotiate. You give people large salaries, long contracts, expensive buyouts because you are worried someone else will. Manny had no other p5 offer. Does Blake think manny would have refused a 3 year? Or if we waited a week and did a full scale search, does he think manny would have refused the job one week later?

Advertisement
Manny Diaz demands the same contract as Lincoln Riley. Then compares himself to coaches who had historically embarrassing loses. And to one guy who could barely put 11 people on the field.

HOW ABOUT COMPARING YOUR FIRST SEASON TO LINCOLN RILEY’S FIRST SEASON SINCE THAT WAS WHO YOU COMPARED YOURSELF TO

Anyone shocked by this have not been watching this team or the personnel that run it for the last forever.

As long as they keep getting scrutinized by the national and local media, along w/ big boosters pulling money out, they'll then and only then get off their lazy, incompetent @$$es.

Advertisement
Back