Barry Jackson

Advertisement
So you're saying that UM has been horrible for years (as everyone knows) but Richt should be able to work miracles THIS YEAR? Please get real.

Does everyone forget Kaaya was basically nicknamed 3 and out last year??? it was bomb passes or wr screens. he doesnt process the game fast and with his wr's unable to get open and his ol weak, he is being exposed, he cant play fast. stop acting like he is a stud. the kid will never be a great nfl starting qb. stop it. I bet Allison will win more than him. i dont hate the kid but lets be real. like i always say. great cali find by golden yet Cali, zona, Arizona st, usc, ucla, etc none of them fought for him? none of them offered until last minute as a matter of fact.

How many game winning drives does this kid have? he is a good frontrunner but gosh, on one leg, Morris even had game winning drives.

It isnt just about kaaya. Miami has been **** for years. A lot of the problems thats going on now has been going on for years. Miami hasnt won 10 games since 03. Has only won 9 games in that time probably 3 times.

No qb is winning games by himself. Fsu won 10 games with 2 turnover prone qbs last year. Golson and maguire aren't better than kaaya but they have won more.

Teddy bridgewater gets credit for turning louisville around but they had talent around him. 2 years ago louisville had about 12 or 13 players drafted in one draft.

Find me one qb that has won in college without having a lot of talent around him.

So you're saying that UM has been horrible for years (as everyone knows) but Richt should be able to work miracles THIS YEAR? Please get real.

Does everyone forget Kaaya was basically nicknamed 3 and out last year??? it was bomb passes or wr screens. he doesnt process the game fast and with his wr's unable to get open and his ol weak, he is being exposed, he cant play fast. stop acting like he is a stud. the kid will never be a great nfl starting qb. stop it. I bet Allison will win more than him. i dont hate the kid but lets be real. like i always say. great cali find by golden yet Cali, zona, Arizona st, usc, ucla, etc none of them fought for him? none of them offered until last minute as a matter of fact.

How many game winning drives does this kid have? he is a good frontrunner but gosh, on one leg, Morris even had game winning drives.

It isnt just about kaaya. Miami has been **** for years. A lot of the problems thats going on now has been going on for years. Miami hasnt won 10 games since 03. Has only won 9 games in that time probably 3 times.

No qb is winning games by himself. Fsu won 10 games with 2 turnover prone qbs last year. Golson and maguire aren't better than kaaya but they have won more.

Teddy bridgewater gets credit for turning louisville around but they had talent around him. 2 years ago louisville had about 12 or 13 players drafted in one draft.

Find me one qb that has won in college without having a lot of talent around him.

Storm, the thing I can't understand about your argument is, why has Fuente at VT or Babers at Syracuse been able to make such a dramatic turnaround in the same amount of time? I'm certainly not giving up on Mark Richt but anybody who isn't concerned about how the season has gone so far on offense is flat out burying their head in the sand. I was one of the naïve believers in Golden who couldn't see it from the first game that this guy was in way over his head. It took me until VT in the middle of year 3 before I gave up on the guy. I will not make the same mistake with Mark Richt no matter if he's part of the family or not.

Storm, the thing I can't understand about your argument is, why has Fuente at VT or Babers at Syracuse been able to make such a dramatic turnaround in the same amount of time?

Babers has made a "dramatic turnaround"? They are 4-4 and literally might not win another game.

Advertisement
Storm, the thing I can't understand about your argument is, why has Fuente at VT or Babers at Syracuse been able to make such a dramatic turnaround in the same amount of time? I'm certainly not giving up on Mark Richt but anybody who isn't concerned about how the season has gone so far on offense is flat out burying their head in the sand. I was one of the naïve believers in Golden who couldn't see it from the first game that this guy was in way over his head. It took me until VT in the middle of year 3 before I gave up on the guy. I will not make the same mistake with Mark Richt no matter if he's part of the family or not.

Why have so many coaches - good coaches - NOT been able to make a dramatic difference in year one? Since when is year one the litmus test for a coach? If anything, the guys who make a splash in year one (Charlie Weis, Brady Hoke) end up being the worst coaches.

Part true. Part Propaganda.

The fact we have to resort to any spin already brings me way down on excitement going forward. No one here really expected a run at the playoffs. Now we're not good enough to compete in the Coastal? Funny @ WRs not getting open enough with the route combinations we've been running. Either 5Vert (not even 4Vert) or everyone play outside the hashes and no deeper than 12 yards.

Good stuff.

Are people honestly buying that exceptional talents like Coley and Richards can't get "separation" in a well-designed, well-called offense? Those two are exceptional talents.

they get open all the time as well as Njoku and Henderson.... Brad Kaaya is just a terrible qb that would rather throw it to his 1st read that's covered by more than one defender instead of looking off and finding the wide open man or better throw. and if he doesn't do that he'll just throw it at the wide open wrs feet or behind him for the 3 and out.

Any chance you could clarify your opinion on Kaaya?

Put Kaaya behind Alabama or OSU line.Kaaya is looking a lot better now.He can make throws their QB's can't make but he needs time.

Na, if he was behind their lines, hed still find a way to sack him self by tripping on his toes

Don't have to be a genius analyst to understand what is going on here ...

Just look at the difference in coaches on the O side and D side... and anyone surprised at the level of play??

Why have so many coaches - good coaches - NOT been able to make a dramatic difference in year one? Since when is year one the litmus test for a coach? If anything, the guys who make a splash in year one (Charlie Weis, Brady Hoke) end up being the worst coaches.

VT Tech has a qb who doesnt play scared.

Advertisement
Yup that's the first thing you hear, players not good enough to beat UNC, VT. Coaching has nothing to do with it. At no point do coaches start looking at what they are doing. Same ole cr@p with No D and people fell for it. Ain't buying it. That offense was never that bad under Golden which is a pathetic statement in itself.

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

VT Tech has a qb who doesnt play scared.

Yeah, I think we all know that Evans is about three galaxies beyond Kayaa. That's why some coaches (Petrino) can't do squat right away. Not everyone is a magician like Justin Fuentes, who is obviously on pace to win five national titles in the next three years.

Every time I watch teams like Pitt, Boise St, Utah I always think...do these guys really have better athletes?

How do their receivers get open? How do they have skill position players that break tackles? How do they have lineman that stand up to the maulers yet still defend guys that have the ability to run around others?

Every time I watch teams like Pitt, Boise St, Utah I always think...do these guys really have better athletes?

How do their receivers get open? How do they have skill position players that break tackles? How do they have lineman that stand up to the maulers yet still defend guys that have the ability to run around others?

they dont have 5 years of build of bad habits.

Advertisement

I'm certainly not saying that 7 games or even the whole season is the litmus test especially under the circumstances that Mark Richt walked into. I guess I'm just skeptical about what we're going to see going forward. Hopefully coach figures out what needs to be fixed in the offseason and we come out humming next year. I just don't want to go through another offseason where a head coach tells us that "55 different things" were changed/fixed when it's clear that exactly nothing had changed.

IMO this is year 0. Year 1 starts when Richt has a QB he recruited. That changes everything, time of possession, how long OL has to block, whether opposing defenses have to bring down a spy on the qb opening up more passing opportunities, etc it changes EVERYTHING. I'm disappointed that Richt hasn't adapted the offense to suit Kaaya, but I suppose it's possible that Richt knows it ultimately wouldn't make much difference. Maybe the thinking is that it's better to run his system now so that when his preferred qb steps in, the upperclassmen will already have years of experience in the offense.

Remember during the preseason when some fans were denying "depth" becoming an issue? Lesson learned.

Or when people were predicting the season records and some people laughed at the thought of winning the coastal with our horrible oline.

Lesson learned is that maybe the guys who attack everyone with differing opinions really dont know it all.

Worst oline in our history and thats been obvious since the Clemson game.

Advertisement
It's more than than that though. Brad is shook. You can see it in his body language. And to be clear, there is no bigger Brad Kaaya fan on this board than me. I've said many times that i believe he's lost confidence in his OL protecting him, so oftentimes he appears to have decided pre-snap where he's going with the ball. I've thought that at least since the App State game. The play calling and his play have prevented us from establishing any sort of offensive rhythm.

Agreed. No one should be fooled by this. Our OL did better last year. He could help them out with his play calling.

LOL at UM starting this "we have no players woe is us" nonsense again.

If our OL isn't strong enough that's because Rick deemphasized power training and concentrated more on endurance work under Felden. That's a choice they made.

The whole thing is a sorry *** attempt by UM to do what UM's been doing now for 14 years--manage the fans by disseminating information through puppets like Jackson. We've been hearing them toss our rosters in the media wood chipper for 14 years now. It shouldn't work anymore but it will because they know how stupid and gullible people are.

Quit scapegoating current players. It backfires. All they have to do is say it's early in the Rick Era and he needs time to get it rolling. Use the Saban 7-6 **** if you have to or point to Rick's second year turnaround at UGA. But, jesucristo, stop this stupid **** of scapegoating current players through unnamed "sources".

the problem is that last year and year before they micomanaged brad. Richt is trying to give him the RPO option at the line and the kid can do it.
as a JR, the kid cant handle it. thats not good.

Kayaa looked shook since fau

IMO this is year 0. Year 1 starts when Richt has a QB he recruited. That changes everything, time of possession, how long OL has to block, whether opposing defenses have to bring down a spy on the qb opening up more passing opportunities, etc it changes EVERYTHING. I'm disappointed that Richt hasn't adapted the offense to suit Kaaya, but I suppose it's possible that Richt knows it ultimately wouldn't make much difference. Maybe the thinking is that it's better to run his system now so that when his preferred qb steps in, the upperclassmen will already have years of experience in the offense.
What a load of cr@p. His clock starts when he is named HC. The ****, same bull some of u said for Golden. Wait till the shannonized players are gone. One load of bull $h!t. The offense was better under Coley so they couldn't have been that bad. We all went crazy over the defense and we knew we had players to be half decent and lo and behold, we were right. Same thing applies to this. Sorry UNC and VT did not have better players than us under Golden and they don't now. Period

What a load of cr@p. His clock starts when he is named HC.

Is this true for every coach, or just the coach for YOUR team?
I do not follow other teams. I have no opinion on their staff or their players. Richt is not a rookie coach, he has made no offensive adjustments keeping in mind the OL is not that good. Running 4 verticals against them with that in mind is No D type of dumbness

Advertisement
Back