Barry Jackson

So to review, against very similar numbers, we performed better last season. These kids are older, essentially the same personnel but the output is down against similar opponents.

this is not the same personnel

kayaa had two NFL WRs if I'm not mistaken ?

they bailed his @ss out time and time again

I said "essentially the same personnel". Can you read? Did you see that? We return 10 out of 11 starters. Yes, 10 out of 11 starters. So we lost Scott and have another future NFL talent in Richards. Scott had 695 Yards and Richards is on pace to beat that. Not a bad trade. So yes, we have "essentially the same personnel".

and people act as if this offense was really all that much better last season, they scored ZERO points vs clemson in a 58-0 loss

the only reason they scored as many vs UNC as they did is because UNC was pushing 60 points and had long called the dogs off on defense.

The stats are above and against the same 4 teams (GT, FSU, UNC and VT) they had more yards and points in 2015. These are facts. We had more output last year.

As for that stuff about Clemson, yes we scored zero points. That is how bad our team was last year and we're out producing them on offense so far in conference.

stacey coley, our tight ends.. these guys remain "paper" players. A lot of hype, not much substance

According to a potato like yourself, you think these guys are "paper" players. The NFL will prove you wrong. It will prove everyone who thinks there isn't enough talent to produce a better product.

Advertisement
Didn't bother to read what we already seen and been discussing for a few weeks now. OL woeful, QB less than stellar and we starting 3 Freshmen at LB. Just because it's written on the Herald's site doesn't make it breaking news.

Does everyone forget Kaaya was basically nicknamed 3 and out last year??? it was bomb passes or wr screens. he doesnt process the game fast and with his wr's unable to get open and his ol weak, he is being exposed, he cant play fast. stop acting like he is a stud. the kid will never be a great nfl starting qb. stop it. I bet Allison will win more than him. i dont hate the kid but lets be real. like i always say. great cali find by golden yet Cali, zona, Arizona st, usc, ucla, etc none of them fought for him? none of them offered until last minute as a matter of fact.

How many game winning drives does this kid have? he is a good frontrunner but gosh, on one leg, Morris even had game winning drives.

You post the truth. Its mind boggling that slupers on this site think its just the O Lines fault or the play calling. Kaya looks like he has always looked. When given 5 seconds he throws some nice balls. When he gets the slightest pressure he panics, gets that deer in the headlight look and either throws into the grown or goes into the fetal postion and takes the sack.

I dont see it changing this next game and I am afraid that Richt will stay with him no matter what. So dissapointing given we actually have a defense this year.

If the defense had struggled as well this year, would the consensus be the team is just not very good? Seems like people are looking at the defensive improvement and saying that if the defense is improved, the offense should also be improved. The problem is this- everyone knew Miami wasn't suited for a 3-4, the talent in Miami is far better suited for a 4-3. EVERYONE knew this but Golden and D'Onfrio. They had a good DL coach in Franklin until 2014 who still coached up his players. They go to a 4-3, and the players are better, front four are getting to the QB and getting TFLs so the CBs aren't having to cover as long. Pressure can generate offensive mistakes (see GT).

In 2015, the top 3 receivers were Stacey Coley, Herb Waters, and Rashawn Scott- all reliable receivers.
In 2016 Waters and Scott are gone. The only returning reliable WR was Coley, and he has been wearing a knee brace this season and it is slowing him down (personal observation, you may disagree). Butterfingers Berrios and Lewis were the other two WRs returning, combining for 133 yards on the season. Richards has been an outstanding freshman, but he had big drops in key situations. Not reliable. Njoku- come on man. Drops. Tripping and falling down with a wide open path to the end zone. Herndon, no complaints. Better than Njoku this year IMO. Then at RB: you have Walton who, sadly, has terrible vision for a RB. Just isn't finding the cuts. Yearby- again no complaints. Much better of the two. So basically Coley (one reliable WR who also isn't 100%), Herndon, and Yearby are the only reliable players on offense. There is a difference between players who can make big plays (Walton can break off a 90 yard run due to his speed) but and players who are 100% dependable (Walton consistently can't pick up 3 yards on first down carries).

Kaaya this year is majorly shook from all the hits he's taken (some his fault) and IMO is basically giving himself up for sacks because he doesn't want to take big hits anymore (I can't blame him). Remember, Kaaya got a major concussion and knocked out of the Clemson game, then missed the following game against Duke. I don't think he's been right since. You can say, "Oh he should shake it off, it's just one major concussion." Problem is he keeps taking those types of hits during games now and it is not good to follow up a major concussion with repeated smaller ones. I hate to say it, but I think Kaaya is done unless the line takes some massive steps forward. I think Richt knows it would destroy Kaaya's remaining draft stock if he benches him (and also guarantees he comes back next season) so best case, Richt tries to optimize the short passing game to make sure Kaaya can get rid of the ball before pressure gets to him, Kaaya finishes the season strong, gets taken 3rd or 4th round, and Richt is able to start grooming a dual threat QB next year.

Anyways, I'm still optimistic about the future. Really want to see how this offense runs with a dual threat QB. I don't understand why people want to spin things negatively. You aren't on the coaching staff and can't make any changes, and complaining/flying banners isn't going to lead to a coaching change either. Richt is basically guaranteed at least 5 years. You can hate that all you want but it's not changing so the only thing negativity is going to do is make you miserable.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Not a surprise for those of us who were not fooled by the 4-0 vs the jv squads.

Some of you set yourselves up for failure by thinking playoff, running through the SEC west, etc.

i am still excited to have MR and yes do feel let down after being so excited for season to start. he has plenty to fix but I like the glimpses Ive seen.

They was **** well smoking dat sauce

Never understood it......they had me hyped tho lol i almost believed but i need to just trust my eyes. After the first game i knew that OL was ****ed

I was hyped too. excited to get from under AG's retardedness. But i also never lost sight that we far from where we could be. i truly believe Richt gonna get us right. All Im hoping for is a winning record (above .500) and a win in the bowl game. In no way am I lowering expectations for MR but also I am not an irrational fool who gets drunk off the hunch punch.

Pulling for us to break the 3 game skid and **** on the irish. remember, Richt was around when we played ND every year. Dont think he dont know what this game means. It aint Miami/FSU but would love to beat the dog **** out these green fuggers

One of the most highly recruited Olines ever at UM. Someone tell me why these guys aren't maulers?

They're all coincidentally busts at the same time. Just like our DL was before this season.

Don't be ****ing stupid. Our interior oline is good and would be even better with Darling there. We literally have no tackles.

Like chad, mcintosh, norton, Trent were all balling out last year. We should actually be worse on defense given our depth and lack of experience.

Richards, as a freshman, is on pace to have more receiving yards than Scott.

Coley is on pace to have more receiving yards than last year. He already has more TDs.

Both will be in the NFL. Both are tremendous weapons.

Does everyone forget Kaaya was basically nicknamed 3 and out last year??? it was bomb passes or wr screens. he doesnt process the game fast and with his wr's unable to get open and his ol weak, he is being exposed, he cant play fast. stop acting like he is a stud. the kid will never be a great nfl starting qb. stop it. I bet Allison will win more than him. i dont hate the kid but lets be real. like i always say. great cali find by golden yet Cali, zona, Arizona st, usc, ucla, etc none of them fought for him? none of them offered until last minute as a matter of fact.

How many game winning drives does this kid have? he is a good frontrunner but gosh, on one leg, Morris even had game winning drives.

You post the truth. Its mind boggling that slupers on this site think its just the O Lines fault or the play calling. Kaya looks like he has always looked. When given 5 seconds he throws some nice balls. When he gets the slightest pressure he panics, gets that deer in the headlight look and either throws into the grown or goes into the fetal postion and takes the sack.

I dont see it changing this next game and I am afraid that Richt will stay with him no matter what. So dissapointing given we actually have a defense this year.

I think every QB richt coached going back to FSU days was all conference ACC or SEC. he expected a jr to have a strong command of the game. watch how this offense opens up with a new qb. spare me. Coley a guy fsu wouldnt let call plays and who is just WR coach was the QB whisper? but Mark Richt cant figure it out. smh

Advertisement
Are people honestly buying that exceptional talents like Coley and Richards can't get "separation" in a well-designed, well-called offense? Those two are exceptional talents.
Fuente has done more with worse talent to work with than what Richt has.

Hate the excuses

VT was 7-6 in 2014 and 7-6 2015.
Miami was 6-7 in 2014 and 8-5 in 2015 (thanks Duke and ACCrefs! ) My math is not so good, but Looks like teams have same record Over 2 Yrs. seems like close to same Amount of Talent (though they have Very Mobile Qb)

We had similar records. That definitely proves we had equal talent. Good work.

VaTech has a 1st round talent at WR/TE in Bucky Hodges and an elite WR in Isaiah Ford. They also have a competent QB that fits Fuente's style of offense unlike with Coach Richt

VaTechs defense rarely is bad so where on our team does Miami have so much more talent than VT?

Fuente recruited that QB from JUCO the minute he got to Tech if I'm not mistaken

And the consensus preseason 1st round pick is no longer a competent college QB after 7 games with Richt

Truth: Kaaya could get drafted next year, but he'll spend his career holding a clipboard.

What the **** does that supposed to mean? There are going to be a lot of good to great players in college who will never be as good in the nfl.

Just like there are going to be some that end up better i the nfl than they were in college.

Advertisement
Truth: Kaaya could get drafted next year, but he'll spend his career holding a clipboard.

I think he goes in the first 4 rounds, even with this abysmal season.

My issue with Barry's blurb and the O-Line: WE ARE PLAYING AGAINST TEAMS IN THE COASTAL!!!

If our O-Line cannot be semi-competitive against a decimated UNC D-Line, then it is a stinging indictment on our coaching staff. Our O-Line isn't full of scrubs with no physical ability. They can be coached to do one or two things well, or coached around.

My issue with Barry's blurb and the O-Line: WE ARE PLAYING AGAINST TEAMS IN THE COASTAL!!!

If our O-Line cannot be semi-competitive against a decimated UNC D-Line, then it is a stinging indictment on our coaching staff. Our O-Line isn't full of scrubs with no physical ability. They can be coached to do one or two things well, or coached around.

So how would you coach around a leaky OL and a QB who is panicking when he feels pressure? Even if you fire the OL coach tomorrow the OL isn't suddenly going to get better by Sat. Forget going backwards, what can Richt do immediately to improve the offense?

I'll add this: I agree that Richt as OC isn't quite working out, but he probably has too much pride to admit it and abandon being OC after year one unless he can do it and save face. The face saving out I would give him would be to say that he feels responsible for Kaayas lack of success because he hasn't spent enough time with him working on qb skills since he's had to work on offensive game plans. He wants to hire an OC now because he wants to be able to spend more time working with the qbs, which is his favorite part of coaching. He saves face, Kaaya might improve, we get a good OC- everybody wins.

Coley is on pace to have more receiving yards than last year. He already has more TDs.

Bro, just wait til Richt gets all his players bro, til they learn his system bro. I'm shocked we can even gain one yard a game with the talent we have bro.

And when he does get his talent, then they'll still be young bro, so you have to give them 4 years to mature bro.

I think i covered all the excuses

Advertisement

So how would you coach around a leaky OL and a QB who is panicking when he feels pressure? Even if you fire the OL coach tomorrow the OL isn't suddenly going to get better by Sat. Forget going backwards, what can Richt do immediately to improve the offense?

I'll add this: I agree that Richt as OC isn't quite working out, but he probably has too much pride to admit it and abandon being OC after year one unless he can do it and save face. The face saving out I would give him would be to say that he feels responsible for Kaayas lack of success because he hasn't spent enough time with him working on qb skills since he's had to work on offensive game plans. He wants to hire an OC now because he wants to be able to spend more time working with the qbs, which is his favorite part of coaching. He saves face, Kaaya might improve, we get a good OC- everybody wins.

1. Go against tendency with the QB. If you're gonna run the RPO, even with an immobile QB, make him run it.
2. If your WR's are running more than 10 yards, they're running too far.
3. USE THE MIDDLE OF THE FIELD
4. Use your FB
5. More multiple TE sets
6. Low to high reads for the QB

They struggled vs a horrible unc d-line last year. These are the same dudes that got dominated by cincy d-line last year. The same ones that struggled with fau d-line last year. The same scrubs who got their qb knocked out on a 2 man rush vs clemson.

At some point you have to open your eyes and acknowledge that these dudes are just not that good.

They struggled vs a horrible unc d-line last year. These are the same dudes that got dominated by cincy d-line last year. The same ones that struggled with fau d-line last year. The same scrubs who got their qb knocked out on a 2 man rush vs clemson.

At some point you have to open your eyes and acknowledge that these dudes are just not that good.

Everyone knows they aren't good. That's no secret. We've been saying that since before the Spring. But they ain't so far gone that you can't scheme around it. Bad O-Lines shouldn't mean the end to your season or Offense.

Bro, just wait til Richt gets all his players bro, til they learn his system bro. I'm shocked we can even gain one yard a game with the talent we have bro.

And when he does get his talent, then they'll still be young bro, so you have to give them 4 years to mature bro.

I think i covered all the excuses

Don't we have the smartest fans?

Advertisement
Back