Barry Jackson

Remember during the preseason when some fans were denying "depth" becoming an issue? Lesson learned.

How has this depth issue been such a factor on offense? Especially against the bad defenses we've faced?

In the preseason, most were claiming the one injury we couldn't afford was Kaaya. Now everyone hates him.
I don't hate Kayaa ... he lacks mobility but if we can give another half second he will do fine... This season has just about assured us he will be our QB next year... If he was behind Bama's OL this year he would be the first QB to go in the draft

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

I have seen nothing from Kaaya majority of his cfb career that would have me believe that could be true

Advertisement
Update : I just realized I've been replying to Franchise. Never mind even trying to use logic and facts on him, he's busy listening to his Pat Benatar albums and hair spraying his bangs since he thinks it's still the 1980s

Remember during the preseason when some fans were denying "depth" becoming an issue? Lesson learned.

How has this depth issue been such a factor on offense? Especially against the bad defenses we've faced?

In the preseason, most were claiming the one injury we couldn't afford was Kaaya. Now everyone hates him.
I don't hate Kayaa ... he lacks mobility but if we can give another half second he will do fine... This season has just about assured us he will be our QB next year... If he was behind Bama's OL this year he would be the first QB to go in the draft

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

I have seen nothing from Kaaya since his freshman year that would make me believe that would be true

When he gets time to throw dude has make some great passes. The best protection he had was his freshmen year and it wasnt great then but way better than the last 2 years. He threw 26tds that year and was acc roy.

Part true. Part Propaganda.

The fact we have to resort to any spin already brings me way down on excitement going forward. No one here really expected a run at the playoffs. Now we're not good enough to compete in the Coastal? Funny @ WRs not getting open enough with the route combinations we've been running. Either 5Vert (not even 4Vert) or everyone play outside the hashes and no deeper than 12 yards.

Good stuff.

Are people honestly buying that exceptional talents like Coley and Richards can't get "separation" in a well-designed, well-called offense? Those two are exceptional talents.
Fuente has done more with worse talent to work with than what Richt has
Are we forgetting VT kept Bud Foster generally considered one of the best in the country?Diaz is good but he's no Bud Foster!

Not a surprise for those of us who were not fooled by the 4-0 vs the jv squads.

Some of you set yourselves up for failure by thinking playoff, running through the SEC west, etc.

i am still excited to have MR and yes do feel let down after being so excited for season to start. he has plenty to fix but I like the glimpses Ive seen.

This. A lot of posters including myself were trying to temper expectations. We had only seen this team against subpar competition and struggled a bit against Georgia Tech. The same ones that were screaming we should go undefeated are the same ones that in the preseason said the offensive line will prove doubters wrong and will play with a chip on their shoulder.

You played yourselves.

Advertisement

The fact we have to resort to any spin already brings me way down on excitement going forward. No one here really expected a run at the playoffs. Now we're not good enough to compete in the Coastal? Funny @ WRs not getting open enough with the route combinations we've been running. Either 5Vert (not even 4Vert) or everyone play outside the hashes and no deeper than 12 yards.

Good stuff.

Are people honestly buying that exceptional talents like Coley and Richards can't get "separation" in a well-designed, well-called offense? Those two are exceptional talents.

they get open all the time as well as Njoku and Henderson.... Brad Kaaya is just a terrible qb that would rather throw it to his 1st read that's covered by more than one defender instead of looking off and finding the wide open man or better throw. and if he doesn't do that he'll just throw it at the wide open wrs feet or behind him for the 3 and out.

Any chance you could clarify your opinion on Kaaya?

Put Kaaya behind Alabama or OSU line.Kaaya is looking a lot better now.He can make throws their QB's can't make but he needs time.

Update : I just realized I've been replying to Franchise. Never mind even trying to use logic and facts on him, he's busy listening to his Pat Benatar albums and hair spraying his bangs since he thinks it's still the 1980s

His trans am is pretty sweet though.

I am so farking sick of this whole "we must protect Richt and his failings" mantra. Diaz, Kool and even Rumph are carry Richt on their backs right now. He is the weak link. That's right I said it, and I didn't stutter either. Richt is the weak link (as an OC)! Deny it all you want, but you know it's true. Admit it, and your Cane souls will be set free-----free yourselves from all the spin and propaganda.

Facts are he's flat out stunk as an offense coach and he has coast us 2 games. Call a spade a spade, man. Richt is outmatched and he cost us the UNC and FSU games, no question.

And now, Coley, one of the most dynamic WR in the nation can't get seperation?? Are you flipping kidding me?!? Say that out loud and see if it makes sense. Coley can get open against any DB in America all day every day and twice on Sundays.

Good stuff.

Fuente has done more with worse talent to work with than what Richt has
Are we forgetting VT kept Bud Foster generally considered one of the best in the country?Diaz is good but he's no Bud Foster!
I didn't know bud Foster coached the offense. Great to know. One has nothing to do with the other in this comparison.

Advertisement

Good stuff.
Yup. So tired of the excuses. No one expected an undefeated team. Everyone knew we had serious depth issues. We can forgive losses due to lack of depth and or talent, what people are not forgiving is costing us at least two games due to play calling. Sure the talent on offense isn't up to par, but if you're getting paid $4 million a year, then you should be able to get something more out of an offense than a guy (Coley) that had no business calling plays.

The offense actually wasnt good at all under coley. The same problems on 3rd down and the redzone. The o-line had the same problem vs better comp trying to pass protect and got no push in run game.

There was more big plays in the pass game than what we are seeing now but that offense still had problems scoring.
I agree. I didn't mean to insinuate that the offense was good under Coley. The fact Richt can't get even marginally better results than Coley is a problem. Both have been ****** OCs

Who cares, we should be focused on the 2017 class and next year. This year is over: too many injuries, we need coaching changes on offense, and we do need more bodies.

You do realize that "some of what we're hearing" could be from the GA in the equipment room, FFS get a hold of yourselves.

Advertisement
Here is what's frightening, and is an indictment of Richt's ineptness as an OC: We'd be 6-1 right now, today, with James Coley as our OC. And we all know Coley was in over his head as a playcaller, so what does that say about Richt?

Does everyone forget Kaaya was basically nicknamed 3 and out last year??? it was bomb passes or wr screens. he doesnt process the game fast and with his wr's unable to get open and his ol weak, he is being exposed, he cant play fast. stop acting like he is a stud. the kid will never be a great nfl starting qb. stop it. I bet Allison will win more than him. i dont hate the kid but lets be real. like i always say. great cali find by golden yet Cali, zona, Arizona st, usc, ucla, etc none of them fought for him? none of them offered until last minute as a matter of fact.

How many game winning drives does this kid have? he is a good frontrunner but gosh, on one leg, Morris even had game winning drives.

Agreed. No one should be fooled by this. Our OL did better last year. He could help them out with his play calling.

LOL at UM starting this "we have no players woe is us" nonsense again.

If our OL isn't strong enough that's because Rick deemphasized power training and concentrated more on endurance work under Felden. That's a choice they made.

The whole thing is a sorry *** attempt by UM to do what UM's been doing now for 14 years--manage the fans by disseminating information through puppets like Jackson. We've been hearing them toss our rosters in the media wood chipper for 14 years now. It shouldn't work anymore but it will because they know how stupid and gullible people are.

Quit scapegoating current players. It backfires. All they have to do is say it's early in the Rick Era and he needs time to get it rolling. Use the Saban 7-6 **** if you have to or point to Rick's second year turnaround at UGA. But, jesucristo, stop this stupid **** of scapegoating current players through unnamed "sources".

Advertisement
Agreed. No one should be fooled by this. Our OL did better last year. He could help them out with his play calling.

LOL at UM starting this "we have no players woe is us" nonsense again.

If our OL isn't strong enough that's because Rick deemphasized power training and concentrated more on endurance work under Felden. That's a choice they made.

The whole thing is a sorry *** attempt by UM to do what UM's been doing now for 14 years--manage the fans by disseminating information through puppets like Jackson. We've been hearing them toss our rosters in the media wood chipper for 14 years now. It shouldn't work anymore but it will because they know how stupid and gullible people are.

Quit scapegoating current players. It backfires. All they have to do is say it's early in the Rick Era and he needs time to get it rolling. Use the Saban 7-6 **** if you have to or point to Rick's second year turnaround at UGA. But, jesucristo, stop this stupid **** of scapegoating current players through unnamed "sources".

the problem is that last year and year before they micomanaged brad. Richt is trying to give him the RPO option at the line and the kid can do it.
as a JR, the kid cant handle it. thats not good.

Fuente has done more with worse talent to work with than what Richt has.

Hate the excuses

VT was 7-6 in 2014 and 7-6 2015.
Miami was 6-7 in 2014 and 8-5 in 2015 (thanks Duke and ACCrefs! ) My math is not so good, but Looks like teams have same record Over 2 Yrs. seems like close to same Amount of Talent (though they have Very Mobile Qb)

We had similar records. That definitely proves we had equal talent. Good work.

VT is ranked 34th, We're ranked 19th. Not exactly a huge discrepancy.
2016 College Football Team Talent Composite

You can find a poll where Trump is ahead too. That list is just an opinion like ours. However, 19 is almost half of 34, so it's a pretty big discrepancy. That shouldn't translate to a 21 point loss by the team at 19.

Does everyone forget Kaaya was basically nicknamed 3 and out last year??? it was bomb passes or wr screens. he doesnt process the game fast and with his wr's unable to get open and his ol weak, he is being exposed, he cant play fast. stop acting like he is a stud. the kid will never be a great nfl starting qb. stop it. I bet Allison will win more than him. i dont hate the kid but lets be real. like i always say. great cali find by golden yet Cali, zona, Arizona st, usc, ucla, etc none of them fought for him? none of them offered until last minute as a matter of fact.

How many game winning drives does this kid have? he is a good frontrunner but gosh, on one leg, Morris even had game winning drives.

It isnt just about kaaya. Miami has been **** for years. A lot of the problems thats going on now has been going on for years. Miami hasnt won 10 games since 03. Has only won 9 games in that time probably 3 times.

No qb is winning games by himself. Fsu won 10 games with 2 turnover prone qbs last year. Golson and maguire aren't better than kaaya but they have won more.

Teddy bridgewater gets credit for turning louisville around but they had talent around him. 2 years ago louisville had about 12 or 13 players drafted in one draft.

Find me one qb that has won in college without having a lot of talent around him.

Here is what's frightening, and is an indictment of Richt's ineptness as an OC: We'd be 6-1 right now, today, with James Coley as our OC. And we all know Coley was in over his head as a playcaller, so what does that say about Richt?

I have a serious question for you guys. Do you think Richt cares? I mean he has to hear the noise about his play calling. Does he care enough to make the necessary changes or is he just going to blame it on the Oline? I think Richt needs a new playbook his plays are outdated.

Advertisement
Back