Barry Jackson

LMAO, the defense is being killed by our offense and our offense is being killed by Richt.

Sounds like Richts play calling is going to be extremely limited by the OL. Can't zone block because not fast and athletic, can't man block because not strong enough, so basically means there is no way to get a run game except the backs doing it themselves. Since no threat of run game and 20% chance wrs will drop passes, defenses can just blitz an immobile qb all day. This is Richts doing?

We zone blocked with these same exact lineman and didn't look nearly as bad at least in pass protection last year
Zone blocking is almost let setting picks in basketball... getting in the way ...having the defender change his parh is a good zone block

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Advertisement
WR's could get open with some god **** creativity. TE's could dominate middle of field. Some Motion. ****** a

Remember during the preseason when some fans were denying "depth" becoming an issue? Lesson learned.

How has this depth issue been such a factor on offense? Especially against the bad defenses we've faced?

In the preseason, most were claiming the one injury we couldn't afford was Kaaya. Now everyone hates him.

Depth hasn't affected the Offense, at least not significantly. It has crushed the Defense. My point wasn't to excuse the incompetence of Richt and our Offense, more so as a team in general. Miami needs a couple of more classes to have the depth to be considered a serious contender for a national title.

Yeah. Anyone who was expecting a NC this year is a ****** and not worth discussing. I think most expected a much more competent offense and a Coastal title. If we had that competent offense we'd still be in the running for that goal of the Coastal.

Remember during the preseason when some fans were denying "depth" becoming an issue? Lesson learned.

I refuse to use that as an excuse in any game except the va tech considering the amount of injuries we had on defense. Unc and fsu we should have won those games if better plays were called and or if our players performed like they were supposed to

It is not an excuse. Miami should have beaten FSU and UNC. That being said, the reality is that we lack depth (especially in key positions) and if Miami was loaded like the elite teams in College Football it increases our chances of winning those games. I don't expect someone like you to understand it since you were one of the morons that didn't think we had a depth issue.

Part true. Part Propaganda.

The fact we have to resort to any spin already brings me way down on excitement going forward. No one here really expected a run at the playoffs. Now we're not good enough to compete in the Coastal? Funny @ WRs not getting open enough with the route combinations we've been running. Either 5Vert (not even 4Vert) or everyone play outside the hashes and no deeper than 12 yards.

Good stuff.

Are people honestly buying that exceptional talents like Coley and Richards can't get "separation" in a well-designed, well-called offense? Those two are exceptional talents.

they get open all the time as well as Njoku and Henderson.... Brad Kaaya is just a terrible qb that would rather throw it to his 1st read that's covered by more than one defender instead of looking off and finding the wide open man or better throw. and if he doesn't do that he'll just throw it at the wide open wrs feet or behind him for the 3 and out.

Advertisement
LOL at UM starting this "we have no players woe is us" nonsense again.

If our OL isn't strong enough that's because Rick deemphasized power training and concentrated more on endurance work under Felden. That's a choice they made.

The whole thing is a sorry *** attempt by UM to do what UM's been doing now for 14 years--manage the fans by disseminating information through puppets like Jackson. We've been hearing them toss our rosters in the media wood chipper for 14 years now. It shouldn't work anymore but it will because they know how stupid and gullible people are.

Quit scapegoating current players. It backfires. All they have to do is say it's early in the Rick Era and he needs time to get it rolling. Use the Saban 7-6 **** if you have to or point to Rick's second year turnaround at UGA. But, jesucristo, stop this stupid **** of scapegoating current players through unnamed "sources".

I disagree with the strength part. These dudes were weak from the get go and 5 or 6 months of hitting the weights is not going to all of a sudden make them powerhouses.

I'd need to see weight room numbers to verify that our players are suddenly weaker than other teams on our schedule. I've heard that **** before and then seen our players put up good strength numbers during testing.

How has this depth issue been such a factor on offense? Especially against the bad defenses we've faced?

In the preseason, most were claiming the one injury we couldn't afford was Kaaya. Now everyone hates him.

Depth hasn't affected the Offense, at least not significantly. It has crushed the Defense. My point wasn't to excuse the incompetence of Richt and our Offense, more so as a team in general. Miami needs a couple of more classes to have the depth to be considered a serious contender for a national title.

Yeah. Anyone who was expecting a NC this year is a ****** and not worth discussing. I think most expected a much more competent offense and a Coastal title. If we had that competent offense we'd still be in the running for that goal of the Coastal.

I agree completely. We should be winning the Coastal and we blew it.

That being said, this ND game will say a lot about Richt. Miami is getting a couple of players back and ND has its share of injuries. No excuses to lose this game. Our OL should look a tad better against their ****** DL but we have heard this song and dance before. Richt, much like Doritos, has a habit of making inferior opponents look like world beaters.

The fact we have to resort to any spin already brings me way down on excitement going forward. No one here really expected a run at the playoffs. Now we're not good enough to compete in the Coastal? Funny @ WRs not getting open enough with the route combinations we've been running. Either 5Vert (not even 4Vert) or everyone play outside the hashes and no deeper than 12 yards.

Good stuff.

Are people honestly buying that exceptional talents like Coley and Richards can't get "separation" in a well-designed, well-called offense? Those two are exceptional talents.
Fuente has done more with worse talent to work with than what Richt has.

Hate the excuses

VT was 7-6 in 2014 and 7-6 2015.
Miami was 6-7 in 2014 and 8-5 in 2015 (thanks Duke and ACCrefs! ) My math is not so good, but Looks like teams have same record Over 2 Yrs. seems like close to same Amount of Talent (though they have Very Mobile Qb)

We had similar records. That definitely proves we had equal talent. Good work.

Good stuff.
Yup. So tired of the excuses. No one expected an undefeated team. Everyone knew we had serious depth issues. We can forgive losses due to lack of depth and or talent, what people are not forgiving is costing us at least two games due to play calling. Sure the talent on offense isn't up to par, but if you're getting paid $4 million a year, then you should be able to get something more out of an offense than a guy (Coley) that had no business calling plays.

The offense actually wasnt good at all under coley. The same problems on 3rd down and the redzone. The o-line had the same problem vs better comp trying to pass protect and got no push in run game.

There was more big plays in the pass game than what we are seeing now but that offense still had problems scoring.

Advertisement

Good stuff.

they get open all the time as well as Njoku and Henderson.... Brad Kaaya is just a terrible qb that would rather throw it to his 1st read that's covered by more than one defender instead of looking off and finding the wide open man or better throw. and if he doesn't do that he'll just throw it at the wide open wrs feet or behind him for the 3 and out.

Any chance you could clarify your opinion on Kaaya?

I don't hate Kayaa ... he lacks mobility but if we can give another half second he will do fine... This season has just about assured us he will be our QB next year... If he was behind Bama's OL this year he would be the first QB to go in the draft

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Think about this : depth was so bad we had to seriously consider playing a TE on the defensive line (who had only practiced about two weeks at the position). Everyone else was out of position, DEs playing DT, S playing CB, etc. Worse though is that there is no a single quality backup on the OL. Not one. So no OLineman can sub out for even a single play.

Half of the OL on our roster doesn't belong here and the other half is playing out of position. Doesn't get much worse than that. Then you factor in the playcalling and WR drops and it's a nightmare.

Advertisement

Good stuff.

Hate the excuses

Miami was 6-7 in 2014 and 8-5 in 2015 (thanks Duke and ACCrefs! ) My math is not so good, but Looks like teams have same record Over 2 Yrs. seems like close to same Amount of Talent (though they have Very Mobile Qb)

Legit question. What positions is miami more talented than vt at? The only spot i see miami is better at is rb and maybe d-line. And TE too.

Last edited:

Good stuff.

Hate the excuses

VaTech has a 1st round talent at WR/TE in Bucky Hodges and an elite WR in Isaiah Ford. They also have a competent QB that fits Fuente's style of offense unlike with Coach Richt

VaTechs defense rarely is bad so where on our team does Miami have so much more talent than VT?

Good stuff.

Hate the excuses

What metric do you use to compare talent? Let me guess, it's because "we're Miami" so that automatically means that Miami has more talent than anyone else. Check your calendar - it's not 1989.

Last edited:
Advertisement

Good stuff.

I'm really beginning to think you're either an FSU troll, kaaya's scorned ex, or Malik rosier.

LOL at UM starting this "we have no players woe is us" nonsense again.

If our OL isn't strong enough that's because Rick deemphasized power training and concentrated more on endurance work under Felden. That's a choice they made.

The whole thing is a sorry *** attempt by UM to do what UM's been doing now for 14 years--manage the fans by disseminating information through puppets like Jackson. We've been hearing them toss our rosters in the media wood chipper for 14 years now. It shouldn't work anymore but it will because they know how stupid and gullible people are.

Quit scapegoating current players. It backfires. All they have to do is say it's early in the Rick Era and he needs time to get it rolling. Use the Saban 7-6 **** if you have to or point to Rick's second year turnaround at UGA. But, jesucristo, stop this stupid **** of scapegoating current players through unnamed "sources".

I disagree with the strength part. These dudes were weak from the get go and 5 or 6 months of hitting the weights is not going to all of a sudden make them powerhouses.

I'd need to see weight room numbers to verify that our players are suddenly weaker than other teams on our schedule. I've heard that **** before and then seen our players put up good strength numbers during testing.

The strength numbers have not been very good for the linemen throughout goldens tenure. You have seen for years when miami o-line has played better d-lines the o-line has gotten bullied.

Good stuff.

Hate the excuses

VT is ranked 34th, We're ranked 19th. Not exactly a huge discrepancy.
2016 College Football Team Talent Composite

Hate the excuses

What metric do you use to compare talent? Let me guess, it's because "we're Miami" so that automatically means that Miami has more talent than anyone else. Check your calendar - it's not 1989.

You do know that we're putting more guys in the league than va tech? That's usually a pretty good indicator that team A has more talent than team B

Advertisement
Back