Barry Jackson -update on the UM/Diaz situation later today.

Did you ever think they’re trying to whiff the flames so that Oregon doesn’t offer another extension for him to say? I’m guessing you’re not good at poker.
That entire article is bull****. Yes they like Blake but are sick of the losing in every sport, he is most likely gone in the next 6 months. Manny’s buyout is one of the smallest in the power 5, my friend said he could pay it off himself. The new hire is going to be a big name and cost a lot. Probably won’t come until after the season unless manny ***** the bed again. Barry has no sauces.
Thank you for your detailed response. Hard to get that around here.

Advertisement
The rugby tackling **** has been an issue, I know he got it from the pros but this team, and most college players lack discipline so it makes sense its not working. Manny expected a player-led team this year... the players aint leading, well at least not most of them.
I generally disagree with all of this, Manny. If you’re going to spam the board, at least be creative.. “Gabe”

We’re not beating UNC at their place. Not worried about that. An L to UVA would probably seal the deal.

We beat UVA the other bad L has to come from somewhere else… Pitt, VT, or NCST most likely.

Hate rooting against Miami every 2-3 years especially in a year when Clemson is very beatable. An 11-1 year and ACCCG appearance with the team we thought we had and were told we had would have been in the playoff this year. Already out of possibility 3 games in.
I can’t see us beating va tech or nc state

That entire article is bull****. Yes they like Blake but are sick of the losing in every sport, he is most likely gone in the next 6 months. Manny’s buyout is one of the smallest in the power 5, my friend said he could pay it off himself. The new hire is going to be a big name and cost a lot. Probably won’t come until after the season unless manny ***** the bed again. Barry has no sauces.
Barry is just hedging in the event no changes are made. He's essentially the Herald's version of Andrew Ivins. Guy kept saying Golden was safe too

Advertisement
So several trustees in the article are quoted to say that UM couldn’t afford to hire Mario (plus his buyout) and pay Manny’s buyout. Who’s lying? The trustees to Barry or CIS posters here?

Couple things here, first there are probably 8-12 trustees that know the current unpublished financials, and they probably aren’t talking to Barry. Second, let’s assume they do know and hypothetically the school made um $300M in the last fiscal year. They could say we are using that money to finance new dorms, invest in infrastructure at the medical campus etc, and it’s about prioritization. All that said, the money is there like it never has been before. Not only is it there, there is also a pretty clear financial case to make that there is ROI on these cash outlays that would pay for itself over of the tenure of a coach of a successful top 10 type program.

Last edited:
I guess that ipf paid for itself? There was far bigger donations than 300-400 k lol. Also theres boosters that have way more than millions.
That’s a little different when compared to paying millions of dollars to fire somebody then paying more millions to another university so you can hire their coach then paying said coach millions more to coach at a program that has been a dumpster fire for 15 years. Then follow up that up with more money going out to assistants.

The IPF will be around no matter who we hire. And they’re names are all over that facility. Not trying to be a d*ck since I value all you do and input you provide, just stating I think this is totally different.

lol why do I root for this program

it's clear it's some kind of phenomenon that just happened to be considering:

the university itself hates the football team
the entirety of college football is now teamed up against us
refs openly are telling the university to disband the team

so pointless, makes me wanna get a boise state cap or something

Advertisement
There guys who will 100% leave if he’s back , there’s also guys that’s already checked out , they know they’re a laughing stock. So yeah , I’d say there’s a portion that’s done. Going forward I could see them quitting if they get punched in the mouth.
Not surprised. We saw a lot of them quit in the 4th quarter of the MSU game.

I wonder how King feels about all of this. Feel for the kid.

UM couldn’t afford to hire Mario

In his NEW contract, Marios average salary is 4.55 million. Because of state taxes, 4.55 million in Oregon is roughly 4 million in Florida, which is what Mark Richt was making in 2016, before his contract extension in 2018 (which likely bumped him into the 4.7-5 million range). If Miami offered Cristobal 4.7 million that would be about the same as Oregon paying him 5.5 million (which they aren't)

I think after Jan 2022, his buyout drops to 6.5 million (very low in comparison to a lot of coaches)

Advertisement
Based on play so far, after this weekend game, Miami will be favs against duke, Noles and maybe GT at home (but perhaps not).

If 4-8 or 5-7 doesn't get you fired, the admin has just decided to milk the TV money and ride it out.

Advertisement
That’s a little different when compared to paying millions of dollars to fire somebody then paying more millions to another university so you can hire their coach then paying said coach millions more to coach at a program that has been a dumpster fire for 15 years. Then follow up that up with more money going out to assistants.

The IPF will be around no matter who we hire. And they’re names are all over that facility. Not trying to be a d*ck since I value all you do and input you provide, just stating I think this is totally different.
Well first the guy I responded too is a troll, number two there’s multiple boosters who would make this happen and one would’ve made it happen three years ago. Also they have a alot more money than millions.

Regardless if it’s a ipf or a coach you’re giving money to the football program and you won’t be getting it back lol. It’s a donation and that helps with other things lol.

IF BJ beings in the cash they won't replace him.

Where is all of this mythical cash that (certain) Trustees keep talking about?

What, the IPF? What else? The football stadium we don't own? The property on-campus that was given to us by George Merrick 100 years ago? The basketball arena that was built by NOT BLAKE? Marginal baseball stadium tweaks (none of which have raised seating capacity)?

And why is there an idiotic assumption by (certain) Trustees that NO OTHER AD is capable of raising as much money as Beta Blake, IF NOT MORE?

Certain Trustees are behaving as if they are abused spouses who are afraid to leave their abusers because they don't believe that someone else can give them the love and attention that they deserve.

Advertisement
Back