Barry Jackson telling us a lot we already knew

The worst part is his system will work in the big 10. Because it's all about speed and disruption. Big 10 isn't exactly an athletic conference for the most part. But his primary concern better be their blocking schemes are superior to any other conference because they're all about interior play. I'd give him 3 years till it gets bad. His personality is gonna be the biggest issue. James Franklin is not with the ****. Mandy is gonna have to be a recluse at pedo st.
Idk man, Wisconsin and MSU had no issues with our Defense and they weren’t anything out of this world. I do agree he doesn’t last more than 3 years.

Advertisement
Idk man, Wisconsin and MSU had no issues with our Defense and they weren’t anything out of this world. I do agree he doesn’t last more than 3 years.
As butch pointed out it starts with coaching. Those are both very well coached squads that had **** good olines who communicated. That's the #1 ingredient to stop a Mandy defense.

UNC OL still creating massive holes.

Honestly, a lot had to do with them letting our edge rushers run themselves out of plays than anything their OL did. Phil Longo knows his stuff. In prior seasons, teams tried similar, but we had Macintosh, Norton and then Willis inside who were able to get to the ball too fast for those to develop (ask Jimbo and Bronco), and when they didn't you had Quarterman and Pickney at LB, Jaquan Johnson and Redwine at S all of whom could limit the damage. The talent was depleted and we never made any adjustments. The DT we had didn't have the power or speed of the other guys so rather than teach them to play with gap integrity, we got cute and had them "get small" and turn their shoulders into their gaps so there was only one direction for them to go. UNC specifically just pushed our guys off balance from their now blind side. So, not sure I agree with the idea floating around that Manny ever had our guys do anything but try and get behind the line. In fact, he often doubled-down.

Advertisement
My question for you (or anyone else who chooses to answer) would be if you know the other options simply aren't capable of doing what's asked of them (due to coaching,talent or any other number of reasons)then why do you not invest in that kids future who is also a significant part of the future of your program and give him game time reps which is the only way to honestly asses where a kid is at as well as develop him... From day 1 it was clear LT should've been getting burn. He wasn't because he didn't match what Mandy's system called for. As his been pointed out over and over as an interior lineman in his system all he wants you to be capable of is plugging a hole and taking on multiple blockers... Getting upfield is almost viewed as a negative and it's one of the main reasons him and Gerald clashed so often when he was here. For him it was always plug up the middle so the edges can be exploited while locking up running lanes. *** backwards
Viewing it from 50,000 feet, it seems as if Diaz felt he didn't have a future at UM. Instead, the future was now, he had to win. He couldn't afford to wait for LT to develop.

Advertisement
This f*cking article comes out every time we fire a coach. Turns out they were playing favorites, S&C was a joke, no accountability in the locker room. Maybe this is true every single time, but why can't anyone ever see it until the coach is fired?

This f*cking article comes out every time we fire a coach. Turns out they were playing favorites, S&C was a joke, no accountability in the locker room. Maybe this is true every single time, but why can't anyone ever see it until the coach is fired?
We all saw it

Advertisement
Well, not all of us. What I meant was why not write the article? Sure, don't want to burn bridges and all that, but don't show up 6 months later like "I found the problem!" You knew the problem but you kept quiet, don't act like you're breaking news now.
To be fair to him, he probably didn't know. Cause he don't know **** about this program not this sport. He's an assclown that needs some other clown to state the obvious for him to ever speak up. Than he pushes it off like it's what he witnessed. In all these years I've seen Barry Jackson on campus twice and it was at an open practice each time. That dude ain't got no access to us and there's a reason for that. It's sad what the heralds sports writers have become. I'll take the athletic 20 out of 10 times.

To be fair to him, he probably didn't know. Cause he don't know **** about this program not this sport. He's an assclown that needs some other clown to state the obvious for him to ever speak up. Than he pushes it off like it's what he witnessed. In all these years I've seen Barry Jackson on campus twice and it was at an open practice each time. That dude ain't got no access to us and there's a reason for that. It's sad what the heralds sports writers have become. I'll take the athletic 20 out of 10 times.
i don't know, it's like the Herald purposefully deployed two of the worse and most weird "reporters" to cover the Canes. Barry Jackson and Miller Smegma. what an insult.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back