Barry Jackson on the end of the Zo Saga

Advertisement
Why would u think anyone’s job is at stake? Diaz lost to FIU, Duke, and a school whose name I don’t remember. He still has a job.

Blake’s tenure has seen a decline in on field/court results across all
Sports, but he’s raises money, so he’s still here and it doesn’t look like enough in the admin care for change.
Mostly because the heat is rising and another lackluster season will result in Diaz being fired by Blake then Blake getting replaced.

That's the way it should go down anyway.

Never understand why some thought this was going to be the magic pill anyway

Yeah, look ive had time to think about it the past few days...

Hiring Zo would really only complicate things. Zo's job isn't available here yet (Jen, GTFO). Putting him in place to succeed really takes a rethinking of the entire college football structure. That is a large and drawn out process.

Zo will not make people run faster and jump higher. I hate to say it, but in the short term, until we see how year 2 under manny goes, its best that he isn't here. Lets see if Manny can right the ship now with the changes hes made.

Also, Epstein didn't kill himself, and Manny purposely leaked that info on the QB room to the Herald. I bet anything.

Advertisement
I'm not sure he wanted the job anyway. Even the AD job would be a step down from what he's doing. I can imagine him being excited about something less than that. Either way he might only have to wait a year to be AD anyway. There really is no harm to this. He wasn't going to change anything this year. If it goes bad all the people involved will be gone and he can come be the AD if he wants.
You’re wrong.

They're banking on Dan Enos' new offense, a new attitude of holding player's to the "Miami standard," and a new QB (Tate Martell) will fix things.

1579275917686.jpeg

Advertisement
Mostly because the heat is rising and another lackluster season will result in Diaz being fired by Blake then Blake getting replaced.

That's the way it should go down anyway.

Lackluster to you and me means something different than it does the BOD. 8 wins next season will be a disaster based on the schedule. 8 wins next season will be an improvement to the admin.

Lackluster to you and me means something different than it does the BOD. 8 wins next season will be a disaster based on the schedule. 8 wins next season will be an improvement to the admin.
It probably would be to those dopes, but the criticism will only get louder. If there's dissension now on the BOT, imagine next year after dropping a game to one of those horrible teams on our schedule.

It probably would be to those dopes, but the criticism will only get louder. If there's dissension now on the BOT, imagine next year after dropping a game to one of those horrible teams on our schedule.
Remember the golden years? THAT is my big fear.

Remember the golden years? THAT is my big fear.
Mine too, but there was nowhere near this level of frustration this early. The could actually make the argument that he was qualified and had previous success.

People are shopping for pitchforks now, I can't see getting to year 3 without 10 wins.

Advertisement
I think it's done for now. I believe the donors said, "We'll do it your way, but if it doesn't work out you both are gone."

I think we're in a win-win situation. Either the ship gets righted with a 10+ win season or Blake and Manny get fired and Zo will be the next AD.

I'm saying 10 wins because the schedule is so soft, it would be 8 wins with a challenging schedule. I surely hope Manny doesn't get a pass with 8 wins. It's about how the product looks on the field. Manny spinning about how we should have won 3 more games because of kicking game. That's true, but what did the product look after each of the 3 bye weeks? What did the product look like the last three games of the season? This team finished worse than when it started. You can't blame that on kicking.
Should be 10 wins or its' over for Manny. And if it isn't 10 wins, this is ALL on him and Blake.

How you gonna crack down on the teams behaviour when they dont respect the coaches...?

Good luck with that Mannon...
You toss a few kids off the team is how you do it. And you keep doing it until everyone else gets the message. And he starts by telling Williams he's no longer welcome here.

“They're banking on Dan Enos' new offense, a new attitude of holding player's to the "Miami standard," and a new QB (Tate Martell) will fix things.”

It not hard to believe Blake accepts this years version of Manny BS. Lashlee is the answer along with player accountability a new QB and kicker. Gawd I want them gone, I’m developing a hatred of Handy Manny and his politician like rhetoric. My only fear is he somehow manages around 7-8 wins and it’s considered progress And were stuck with incompetence another season. That crap mediocrity isn't accepted and big time programs....

Advertisement
If Miami wins at least 7 games next year, the BOT and Epstein will sell this as "progress" and Manny will keep his job.

They don't give a **** about football.

And now, apparently, they don't give a **** about selling tickets either. Just collect the welfare checks from the ACC and that's enough.

No, they will move the goal posts .... as long as they win more than 6 games, look for them to hype it up with familiar excuses like, "young team, new offense, trending up etc...
ACC CG is not their goal for next year..

Dude no one will buy that. They are getting destroyed in the media now. Another year of this and they are done. Minimum Coastal champs and 9 wins for Manny to stay around

the more i think about the entire A.Highsmith saga, the more i think it was all BS by Blake James and to a certain extent CMD to
CYA...... seems that the narrative from these 2 asshats were look were trying to fix the situation, look what were trying to do ??
just not buying anything these 2 politico's(CMD/James) have to say.
after 15+ years of mediocrity and an HC of CMD stature why not try a total new concept....
you need Alpha dogs to win JJ,Howard, Butch...... CMD not cut from the same cloth Golden yes
would anyone in their right mind compare Blake James to Sam Jankovic ????

Advertisement
Back