Barry Jackson on OL/possible suspension

People need to start obeying the law.
1629913301111.png

Advertisement
I’ve heard one side , and I’ve now heard Tae’s. Honestly I don’t know how to view it. Only the people that was their first have a good idea. I can see both sides and can’t say. Tbh I’m not sure if Tae would return even if we brought him back.

Your opinion or something you heard? All I saw was Pata vouched for him to his attorney, he said himself at his bond hearing coaches were behind him, he tweeted out the news about the charges being dropped then a "more to come" tweet then retweeted Gil saying "please i hope so" comment on Navarro's tweet that the attorney was trying to get him back on the team. From the uneducated perspective, seems like he wants to be back or why go through the trouble of having your attorney try?

He did remove his miami jersey as his backdrop photo but other than that havent seen much from him.

Toy
Pulled over for window tints that appeared too dark… holy pretextual stop Batman.

Police need to stop fishing and leave people the **** alone

You know what would be a better use of a cops time than pulling someone over for tinted windows or a busted taillight? Get the license plate and mail a ticket to the registered owner of the car. Why in the f#ck does a cop need to pull someone over for windows that are tinted too dark? For one, that is a totally subjective call- cops don't carry a Star Trek tricorder to objectively say a window is 2% more tinted than the legal limit. Or course, the police love it when you try to contest a frivolous ticket as they can get OT for court appearances. As you said, these are all just lame excuses to get around claims of racial profiling. It needs to stop.

I'm not a gun law expert but I believe that if you don't have a concealed permit, you have to have your weapon in plain view while transporting it. Although, I believe it can be in a case. If it is hidden under a seat or in a glove box, you need a concealed permit. Once again, don't quote me on the law, this is just what I have been told by people with more experience.

Obviously this pertains to FLorida law.
I’m pretty sure in Florida whether you have a concealed carry permit or not it has to be hidden. Or as they say, “not in plain view.” If you have a carry permit, it can be on your person. That’s really the only difference when it comes to carrying in your car.

Which leads me to the question of was his in plain sight? It had to be and if not how did they get probable cause to search the car?

Advertisement
In Florida your car is an extension of your home so you don’t have to conceal your firearm EVER. It can be on your lap.
castle doctrine
That’s not how it works lmao. The Castle Doctrine allows you to use lethal force to protect yourself in your residence and in most states yes that includes your car. But it has nothing to do with whether or not the weapon is concealed.

Advertisement
Wow! @Scaife. I guess I was asleep at the wheel when that incident was reported. Had no clue he got into some trouble in July. Im 100% confident that Jarrid Williams can hold down the fort though. 6th year player will hella game experience shouldnt be running scared on Sept 4th from anyone.
7th yr player. King is 6rh yr

Advertisement
There is no chance in **** you're paying anyone your biweekly paycheck if you lose. As I said, post your $500 -19 Bama ticket or Shut....the....fvck….up. But I know you won't. Cause you're S-O-F-T.t
There is no chance in **** you're paying anyone your biweekly paycheck if you lose. As I said, post your $500 -19 Bama ticket or Shut....the....fvck….up. But I know you won't. Cause you're S-O-F-T..
I made more money trading NVDA stock today than you make all month. Stop playing games. $500 cash app.. not going back and forth. We will see on Sept 4 around 9.. I'm gonna get banned again talking for calling you out.

Hilarious. Don't you know that every Florida cop ever SMELLED marijuana? Or that someone in the car resembled someone mentioned in a BOLO at some point?
Hilarious! probably your right! but still DONT TALK TO THE POLICE AND KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT!

Your opinion or something you heard? All I saw was Pata vouched for him to his attorney, he said himself at his bond hearing coaches were behind him, he tweeted out the news about the charges being dropped then a "more to come" tweet then retweeted Gil saying "please i hope so" comment on Navarro's tweet that the attorney was trying to get him back on the team. From the uneducated perspective, seems like he wants to be back or why go through the trouble of having your attorney try?

He did remove his miami jersey as his backdrop photo but other than that havent seen much from him.
Ive heard that but as of now it’s wait and see with everything.

Advertisement
Ive heard that but as of now it’s wait and see with everything.
Got ya and makes sense, likely emotional all around. I did see this snippet posted in the Athletic:

"The Hurricanes dismissed Williams last month and he has since entered the transfer portal.

Speaking with local FOX affiliate WSVN on Monday, Williams was asked if he battered the mother of his unborn child. "I'm here to move forward from that. I'm a family man," Williams said.

Asked if he put his hands on his pregnant girlfriend, he answered, "No sir."

Williams told WSVN he remains in contact with the baby's mother and plans to "be there when he's born and for the rest of his life."

Williams' attorney, Michael Etienne Jr., is working on getting Williams reinstated at Miami. On Monday, Etienne told The Athletic that he's waiting to hear back from Miami regarding its decision on Williams' future with the program.

"Avantae has a lot of other options, but the University of Miami is home. He's just waiting to get back in school and back on the field," Etienne told The Athletic. "My opinion is if Manny (Diaz) was the decision maker, Avantae would have been reinstated already."

Miami started classes on Monday."

I looked, dont see him in the 247 portal officially but unsure how "official" 247 is.

Oh boy! This O-line situation was always going to be dicey at best, and now it's been tossed into a blender.

Advertisement
Back