Barry Jackson on OL/possible suspension

That's news to me. I was told the "secured" thing in all my trainings.

Here's what a quick search turned up:

With a Concealed Weapon and Firearm License (CWFL) or recognized out of state equivalent, in a private car, there is no restriction on how you can carry your handgun, as long as it is concealed. This means that no part of the firearm is visible to the eye. Contrary to popular belief, there is NO three step law in the state of Florida to access your firearm in a vehicle.

Without a CWFL or recognized out of state equivalent in a private vehicle, the handgun must be securely encased or not readily accessible. Securely encased includes carrying a loaded handgun in a holster which closes over the handgun (not a pressure holster and not on your person), glove compartment, gun case or a closed container. Not readily accessible means locked in the trunk or vehicle storage compartment.
Yeah that’s why I just tell folks to look up castle doctrine (if they’re in Florida like me, since different states have different rules/laws). The keeping it locked up in a compartment applied to the three step method but that was never an actual thing though.

In a life or death situation why go through extra steps to protect yourself or your family?

Advertisement
Is scaife 21? and does he have a permit to carry? If so nothing should happen he's in his legal right.
that would be the issue. You can't carry a concealed weapon without a permit. if he was...welp.

You got to love our media , there’s nothing positive that comes from this. This stuff doesn’t happen at sec schools. Dudes a gossip column writer and a dirt bag.
Other than Christy, I have never seen worse beat writers covering a major college football program. Susan seems like she has been suffering from early onset dementia for the last decade, and Barry Jackson is simply a weirdo. I cannot believe some young, aspiring sports journalist out of college couldn't do a better job.

JO has started 19 games at left or right tackle. Obviously it was against teams like San Diego State or San Jose State but this isn't a Tommy Kennedy situation imo. As you noted, it's the depth behind JW and JO that's real troubling.

LOL - Kennedy was butt cheeks.

:11263726654-a089dabd70-o:

Advertisement
It might not be as clear as some think.
You mean that the message boards don't have all the info? Crucifying someone based off allegations is the only logical solution lmao. Unless video drops aint much anyone here not in the know can add of value.

Advertisement
In Florida your car is an extension of your home so you don’t have to conceal your firearm EVER. It can be on your lap.
castle doctrine
I'm not a gun law expert but I believe that if you don't have a concealed permit, you have to have your weapon in plain view while transporting it. Although, I believe it can be in a case. If it is hidden under a seat or in a glove box, you need a concealed permit. Once again, don't quote me on the law, this is just what I have been told by people with more experience.

Obviously this pertains to FLorida law.

You mean that the message boards don't have all the info? Crucifying someone based off allegations is the only logical solution lmao. Unless video drops aint much anyone here not in the know can add of value.
Both sides were wrong imo , both arguing while not knowing facts. Tbh with what I know im not comfortable giving an opinion. I know Tae is a hot head and has had some issues, which were concerns when he came in but I’m not prepared to say he did what the rumors are. I do know nanny wants him back.

Advertisement
Both sides were wrong imo , both arguing while not knowing facts. Tbh with what I know im not comfortable giving an opinion. I know Tae is a hot head and has had some issues, which were concerns when he came in but I’m not prepared to say he did what the rumors are. I do know nanny wants him back.
However, it’s out of Manny’s hands, correct?

I’m guessing someone above his pay grade has the final say.

In Florida your car is an extension of your home so you don’t have to conceal your firearm EVER. It can be on your lap.
castle doctrine
This is somewhat incorrect. The rules on carry are different from the rules for use in self-defense. This is a very good source for info. https://www.floridafirearmslaw.com/

The key to me is that the State declined to prosecute him. That suggests that his “violation” was technical in nature.

Advertisement
I can't see Manny suspending Scaife for the Bama game regardless of whether Zion plays. Manny seems to be interested in winning and suspending Scaife would be making a statement without a purpose. Nothing to be gained and a lot to be lost, literally.

Dam commies want to pursacute a kid for having a pistol in his rig. This wouldn’t happen at Bama cuz they all carry but they SEC. why they special. Just gone make Canes spank dat *** harder come game time!

It's so easy to get a concealed weapons license. You take a 2-3 hour $30 class IIRC, you fill out a couple of forms, and you have your fingerprints done. It's that simple! There are even Groupons for the class! Smh

I love our players--and obviously I hope Manny pulls an Urban Meyer and let's them play against Bama--but good Lord are some of them dumb!

Advertisement
Back