Barry Jackson On Manny Diaz Buyout

It actually does, if you’re referring to his salary rather than his buyout. But my guess is that the set off would be minimal if he were hired as an analyst. No one is paying him big bucks to do that
I'm only going off what was posted here on the forum (not going over to the Herald to read anything else...

But if Diaz is fired and lands another job, the amount owed to him would be significantly offset by salary from his new job. It wouldn’t matter whether the new job is as a head coach or defensive coordinator or a position coach; the offset would still lower the amount of what UM owes him.

If Diaz is fired and remains unemployed through the end of the 2023 season (unlikely), he would be owed more than half of what’s left on his contract, but not the full amount or very close to it.

So if Diaz is fired -- whether he gets another job before the end of 2023 or not - UM would not need to compensate him dollar for dollar with what’s left on his contract.

It just doesn't say if he's hired as an analyst, which has been a workaround for a lot of coaches of late...but if it does on the article on the Herald, can you post it the quote.

Advertisement
Not sure why idiots were taking the $8 million thing and running with it. Not even UM is dumb enough to pay a 100% remaining as a buyout.

As expected.. we’d owe between $4-6 million. If that’s too much to pay based on what we’ve seen and assuming it continues… fold the program. Not to mention we paid Temple that much to hire him like it was nothing (and it sure seems that the money was just sitting their totally accessible as fast as that happened)
When you add the Temple buyout (on the heels of what appears like lack of due diligence) and now termination buyout, even a half-assed run company would have over 10 million reasons to fire Blake James immediately.

Anyone have an idea when these "buyouts" became what seems to be a norm for coaches? Just seems to me like a reward for getting fired as a result of failing at your position.

I'm only going off what was posted here on the forum (not going over to the Herald to read anything else...

But if Diaz is fired and lands another job, the amount owed to him would be significantly offset by salary from his new job. It wouldn’t matter whether the new job is as a head coach or defensive coordinator or a position coach; the offset would still lower the amount of what UM owes him.

If Diaz is fired and remains unemployed through the end of the 2023 season (unlikely), he would be owed more than half of what’s left on his contract, but not the full amount or very close to it.

So if Diaz is fired -- whether he gets another job before the end of 2023 or not - UM would not need to compensate him dollar for dollar with what’s left on his contract.

It just doesn't say if he's hired as an analyst, which has been a workaround for a lot of coaches of late...but if it does on the article on the Herald, can you post it the quote.
I thought you were referring to his salary, rather than his buyout. My bad. You are correct that it doesn’t talk about the details of the set off scope.

Advertisement
It actually does, if you’re referring to his salary rather than his buyout. But my guess is that the set off would be minimal if he were hired as an analyst. No one is paying him big bucks to do that
I’m sure there’s probably a pretty decent market where good HC’s want to know exactly how NOT to run a defense….

Anyone have an idea when these "buyouts" became what seems to be a norm for coaches? Just seems to me like a reward for getting fired as a result of failing at your position.
i'd say they have been existing for a long time, especially as a protection for head coaches. there must have been a time where head coaches were getting fired at a high rate and agents took notice

With all the talk of a Manny buyout I’m not sure what difference it makes.

How much is it costing the program with minimal ticket sales,empty stadiums,etc.

Difference in 6-8 -10 million isn’t all that much in the grand scheme of things.

Also people keep saying we paid 4 million to Temple to get Manny.It was actually 5.5 cause Miami also put up the 1.5 for the taxes on that 4 million .

I thought you were referring to his salary, rather than his buyout. My bad. You are correct that it doesn’t talk about the details of the set off scope.
To be honest, I don't think any of this matters. His buyout/salary/whatever won't be something that slows this university from firing him.

tbh, I think he's already done...we're just kind of waiting out the season...but, he could be gone at any time...this UNC, NCST, Pitt series of games after the bye week - should it get embarrassing - could force some hands before the end of the season (prior to the bowl game). A loss to FSU could also do it. The mindset of decision makers is surely changing by the week since the Michigan State game.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Please root for losses until he’s fired & Blake too or else:

“If UM wins the Coastal Division, it’s certainly conceivable - if not likely - that he could even receive a contract extension at the end of this, his third year in the job.”

RESPECTFULLY, Fvkkk any of ya’ll rooting for the above to happen.
It wont. Manny does not need any help losing. He is remarkably good at it by himself.

This dude lost to FIU with a team loaded by a former SEC coach.

If this info is accurate, Manny is gone before the bowl.

He's not coaching next year and I'm sure there would be interest somewhere as a DC. He'll take what Miami owes him and go be an analyst/do TV somewhere

This “UN”-qualified, son of daddy, soft **** will make 8 mill a year… sucks at his job and get to keep it

Advertisement
It wont. Manny does not need any help losing. He is remarkably good at it by himself.

This dude lost to FIU with a team loaded by a former SEC coach.

If this info is accurate, Manny is gone before the bowl.
Yea definitely before the bowl seeing as we won’t be in one….

Advertisement
Back