Barry Jackson On Manny Diaz Buyout

No. Over two years, 2022 and 2023 he can earn 8m if he hits all benchmarks.

His base salary is 3.25 million and he can 750k in incentives (wins, graduation, ACC Coastal probably).

So if he gets fired at the end of the season he is guaranteed to make half of remaining salary (22 and 23) not including incentives which is 6.5m so Miami would owe him 3.25m over 2 years not right away.

That 3.25 million can be lowered if gets another coaching job, so if becomes DC somewhere next year and gets 750k. That 750k in 2022 and 750k in 2023 will be deducted from the buyout. So UM would owe him 1.75
Hey @RVACane Feldman is a national guy and I’m a dweeb on a message board lol

Advertisement
Please root for losses until he’s fired & Blake too or else:

“If UM wins the Coastal Division, it’s certainly conceivable - if not likely - that he could even receive a contract extension at the end of this, his third year in the job.”

RESPECTFULLY, Fvkkk any of ya’ll rooting for the above to happen.
Someone is looking for a Netflix comedy special.

“If UM wins the Coastal Division, it’s certainly conceivable - if not likely - that he could even receive a contract extension at the end of this, his third year in the job.”

I’m pretty confident the losses will come even if we root for wins. There is nothing any of us, or Manny, can do to prevent losses. It is a fait accompli.

Advertisement
Advertisement
"If UM wins the Coastal Division"

50cent-lol.gif
Cracking Up Reaction GIF by MOODMAN
Laugh Lol GIF

Advertisement
No worries, Mack will take care of business next week. He’s looking to fire Manny once again.

Advertisement
It’s a celebration *******!!! The chickens are home and roosting!!! Let’s bring the whole family back together…

Regardless it's 8M now

Have you seen the contract or talked with someone personally familiar with it?

That's what Bruce Feldman said, north of 8M to do it now, he's pretty much the top college football insider

So you guys consider Bruce Feldman a fake insider now?

Fake nah, but you calling him pretty much the top college insider is hilarious.

Sure, I wouldn’t be surprised if it was half - ironically $4M - which should be an easy number for Blake.

Idk man it sounds like it would be accurate though. Manny Diaz signed a 5 year contract, he hasn't even finished year 3 yet so I imagine the buyout would be based off after year 2. Diaz signed a 5 year deal that started at 3.1M and went up each season.

Well Fox Sports and The athletic did hire as in insider Based off his previous work. He's broken numerous hires and fires. I believe he broke the Rhett Lashlee hire for us

Blake gave him the contract though... Hard to believe Manny didn't fleece him to make it difficult for him to be fired since both are tied together

He called tvd our third stringer , so there’s that. He seems really locked in

Your using that to justify him not being credible lol. To be fair Garcia and TVD we're both splitting reps and we're considered 2A and 2B, manny said so himself

No I’m using info I’ve received for three years , Info thats proven him to be clueless multiple times. He’s a national guy that’s more of tv personality than having sauces in every program . He’s fed what he’s allowed to eat. If you want to believe garbage then feel free. Its a free country. If you believe manny is owed 9 million in a buyout with two years 8 and change remaining thats on you.

Alright I'm not going to keep going back and fourth with this. Usually when a well know insider whose broken countless stories says something I believe him, if you don't then thats up to you. Regardless the buyout goes down after the season and the admins aren't going to pay extra money to fire a coach now when they can do it after the season and save some money. I 100% hope Diaz gets fired today but with the ****** administration we have I don't see it happening

Hey @RVACane Feldman is a national guy and I’m a dweeb on a message board lol

Of course he did, that’s what that poster always does.

Glad someone is exposing this clown but not surprising. He's the same guy who was white knighting Ivins in previous years.

I’ve been saying for weeks “the buyout is chump change “.

I'm 100 with u on that. But a doomsday scenario is quite possible if all manny needs for an extension is the coastal.

I'm worried about a repeat of what happened last year during the stretch of Pitt, NC State, Virginia and Virginia Tech. It took last minutes scores to beat NC St, VT & Virginia by a combined 9 points, but it happened. Kenny Pickett was hurt before we played Pitt.

I hate manny, but if I'm being honest... Duke sucks and I honestly don't think even he can fck that one up. GT is struggling with Duke right now. Again, being honest.. They're probably going to be a win too. So is FSU.

If Sam Howell or Kenny Pickett go down, those suddenly become winnable games. Clemson's D could fck Pickett up the week before we play them and FSU could knock Howell out this week, saving manny's job in the process.

A loss to NC State would help but they aren't in our division and wouldn't matter for tie breakers. I have no idea what to think about VT, which is a home game unfortunately.

But lets not forget, if any of these teams has a covid outbreak they'll probably have to forfeit.

So we aren't safe yet. The wrong players get hurt or the wrong team has a covid outbreak and manny may not only survive but get an extension.

Advertisement
Back