Barry Jackson of the Herald 2-8 Re. Defense & Manny Diaz

Advertisement
Again.. the reasons TC and Surtain gave for not committing here are just as big of a problem as them not committing. It creates an image problem for Rumph. Gives douchers like slick Willie and the moron running ufag a chance to say "if Rumphs former players dont think he can coach them to where they need to be, why should u"?

Excellent point that hasn't been emphasized enough. No one knows Rumph better than Campbell & Surtain, yet they chose to play for coaches they trusted more with their development. Campbell's quote about why he chose UGA told the entire story.

We finished no better than third for these guys Rumph has had longstanding relationships with. Good luck convincing Dent, Stevenson, and other premier CBs to stay home now when we're once again battling the big boys.

Well said. And those were exactly the two CB who come to mind. They'll eat this sht up.

Rousseau playing immediately is a TERRIBLE indication of our depth at DE.

You couldn't tell we had terrible depth at DE by reading the roster?

This year it looks bad. But have you guys seen what we're looking at for 2019? Its a pretty safe bet that Jackson goes pro after the season. Which leaves us with Garvin and...? Our choices are Tyreic Martin, Rousseau, Patchan, an unknown true freshman (assuming Kool can recruit one good enough to start day 1) or a grad transfer.

CB is just as bad. We'll be down to Bandy, Blades, Frierson and Bethel unless we move a safety over. Otherwise its the same thing. True freshman or grad transfers.

Advertisement

This is nothing against Rousseau personally but just in general.

Our young guys aren’t earning their PT because our numbers suck (combo of Golden leftovers plus recent misses in recruiting).

We need to get back to where we have 3 classes of studs competing against each other to start/play meaningful snaps. We need to get back to where practice is harder then the games. Now, we have freshmen and grad transfers battling each other. Not going to work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think you guys are taking what he said out of context because you hate the guy. I think what he meant was kids see our 3 game losing streak and how we bottomed out at the end of the season including being blown out in two of those games (Clemson/Wisconsin) and they compare that to Bama (in the national title picture every year) and UGA (took Kirby two years to get them to the title game) and decide to go with the time that will get them the best chance to win a national title. Obviously we are not Bama and we are not UGA right now. Hopefully we will be in the next few years.

I have no faith in Rumph whatsoever but I totally agree with the quoted post above. Rumph tried to say it in a nice sort of way and it came out wrong. He should have just said what he was really thinking which is kids nowadays are frontrunners and don't want to do what it takes to help a program climb to the mountain top. They want to hop on AT the top. That's what he meant but in typical Rumph fashion he screwed that up. LOL

Again.. the reasons TC and Surtain gave for not committing here are just as big of a problem as them not committing. It creates an image problem for Rumph. Gives douchers like slick Willie and the moron running ufag a chance to say "if Rumphs former players dont think he can coach them to where they need to be, why should u"?

There's a whole lot of truth to this right here. Now we'll have to spend half our time battling that perception.

I think you guys are taking what he said out of context because you hate the guy. I think what he meant was kids see our 3 game losing streak and how we bottomed out at the end of the season including being blown out in two of those games (Clemson/Wisconsin) and they compare that to Bama (in the national title picture every year) and UGA (took Kirby two years to get them to the title game) and decide to go with the time that will get them the best chance to win a national title. Obviously we are not Bama and we are not UGA right now. Hopefully we will be in the next few years.

I have no faith in Rumph whatsoever but I totally agree with the quoted post above. Rumph tried to say it in a nice sort of way and it came out wrong. He should have just said what he was really thinking which is kids nowadays are frontrunners and don't want to do what it takes to help a program climb to the mountain top. They want to hop on AT the top. That's what he meant but in typical Rumph fashion he screwed that up. LOL

Boom to this.

Advertisement

You couldn't tell we had terrible depth at DE by reading the roster?

This year it looks bad. But have you guys seen what we're looking at for 2019? Its a pretty safe bet that Jackson goes pro after the season. Which leaves us with Garvin and...? Our choices are Tyreic Martin, Rousseau, Patchan, an unknown true freshman (assuming Kool can recruit one good enough to start day 1) or a grad transfer.

CB is just as bad. We'll be down to Bandy, Blades, Frierson and Bethel unless we move a safety over. Otherwise its the same thing. True freshman or grad transfers.

You are right. But guess what..its like Pat Riley said last summer when people asked him WTF was he going to do now that he struck out with another big name FA for yet another summer..."Well....some of these guys on our roster that we are paying big bucks to need to start earning it now."...BOOM! Never forgot that.

Guys like Patchan and Martin need to show us why they are here. Esp Patchan. He will be sorely needed in 2019. DJ Johnson screwed our DE depth for 2019 big time as he was supposed to be at that spot with Garvin. Welp..now it looks like Rousseau will have to learn on the job.

Same with the DB spot. Blades and Ivey will get every chance to get experience this year so that they can be ready in 2019. And we will basically be telling kids like Tyrique Stephenson and Jaden Davis, "Do you want to start as a Tr-Fr? Then come suit up for us. We have 4 open jobs and nobody has a guaranteed spot"

**** thats all Saban said to Surtain Jr and Jobe to convince them to come. "Listen son, I got 5 open secondary spots..no frontrunners to take them..You game?" Easy sell.

“kids want to go where they think they’ll have the beat opportunity to win”. yikes

Wow that’s a bad look. Uh, aren’t we doing everything we can to win it all also?

You missed the key word in what he said. He said "best" chance to win.

He can tell them that its Herr until he's blue in the face. Easy counter for Bama, we've been doing this for a decade and aren't about to stop. UGA says we were right there, Frosh QB, and you along with the other guys we're getting can get us that win. Both say, how did Miami finish? Did you see what happened to Clemson when they played in the BCS? How did Miami do against them? Just some examples.

I would bet my kid that if Rumph was at Bama or UGA neither would've still come here.

No idea what he tried to say. But what he said was an absolute abomination and made UM and him look like schmoes.

He's turned himself into Bad Luck Schleprumph

schleprumph.jpg

Advertisement
• Losing out on five-star corner-backs Pat Surtain Jr. (Alabama) and Tyson Campbell (Georgia) was disappointing to UM corner-backs coach Mike Rumph, who previously coached at their school, Plantation American Heritage.

“We pushed as hard as we could,” Rumph said. “The kids aren’t the same as they used to be, man. … The game has totally changed. Kids want to go where they think they’ll have the best opportunity to win.”

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Are you fuggin kiding me? Fire this clown today already

If you keep posting about firing Rumph in every single thread it is more likely to happen.

“kids want to go where they think they’ll have the beat opportunity to win”. yikes

Wow that’s a bad look. Uh, aren’t we doing everything we can to win it all also?

You missed the key word in what he said. He said "best" chance to win.

He can tell them that its Herr until he's blue in the face. Easy counter for Bama, we've been doing this for a decade and aren't about to stop. UGA says we were right there, Frosh QB, and you along with the other guys we're getting can get us that win. Both say, how did Miami finish? Did you see what happened to Clemson when they played in the BCS? How did Miami do against them? Just some examples.

I would bet my kid that if Rumph was at Bama or UGA neither would've still come here.
Agreed. Plus, these kids have no further to look than the NBA where players choose their team.

One other thing though, I don’t think this was just “the kids” making this decision, I think Pat Sr’s opinion of Rumph has something to do with it too.

Advertisement
Don't forget Rumph not even bothering to recruit another elite CB, Samuels Jr WHO WANTED TO GO TO MIAMI, because he thought he had TC wrapped up. What an abysmal recruiter.

Actually all the inside sources have said Rumph wanted us to offer and recuit Asante but he was overruled. So think ya gotta go back to the drawing board with that one.

We need to fire everyone on this defense.

It about time we start to accept Kul isn't all that. We ran a 4-3 one gap scheme at Miami.. getting Sacks and TFL would happen regardless because that is what the 4-3 does. For me at least this whole "Trust Kul" mantra is dead. I've trusted him for 2 classes and now we have depth issue arguable worse then when Al Golden was here.

I'm starting to realize Manny is just good at pulling strings on Canes fans. If you didn't follow recruiting based of what Manny said you would think everything is A okay. But that is FAR from the truth.. The fact Rousseau a 225? pound true Fr. DE is expected to be quality depth is a problem. I don't know why everyone is so attached to Manny.. I like his passion for the program but lets be honest.. we would of liked any DC as long as it wasn't Corch No D.

As for Rumph.. stop with the excuses for him. He is a mediocre coach and a below average recruiter at an important position. He only looks like a "good" coach then what he actually is because how much does it take to be a better coach then Paul Williams? Honestly. The CBs had a nice 5 game stretch last year (one of those teams being the run option team). But for the most part our CB play was average at best. I'm not going to act like Bethune, Toledo, Wisconsin, Pitt, UVa and Clemson games didn't happen where our CB got torched all game long in those games.

We'll see if Richt changed. Any elite coach would point out the complacency in the staff and toss them out because they aren't doing their job. If Richt allows job security to incompetent staff members he won't get us where we want to go.

Last edited:
Rumph has to go.

That same loser quote blaming the new generation was uttered almost word for word by fellow loser Al Golden. This guy needs to head to the NFL where he only has to focus on the game.

Advertisement
Back