Barry Jackson notes and mike rumph thoughts on the corner depth

Im not a blind homer or a super negative guy, but if you can't see that Rumph has a problem filling up the cornerback room after four years then I don't know what to say.
Yea I agree I can't take Brock serious or anyone who doesn't question Rumphb on recruiting and coaching. All I see is blah blah blah when Brock posts now. I imagine him with a cheerleader outfit on then I go vomit in my toilet.

Advertisement
Im not a blind homer or a super negative guy, but if you can't see that Rumph has a problem filling up the cornerback room after four years then I don't know what to say.
It’s like that at every position except for what qb right now and Dline in terms of having the right numbers?

Have low numbers at linebacker, rb, receiver as well. We got what 8 receivers? That’s incredibly low for a college team.

I know some people on here casually watch football and just like to repeat what other people say on here but in reality of the situation from 2016-2019 all but one of those years(2018) did we have more corners than we will have this season.

And Of course you will have depth issues at a spot if of the 13 guys you have taken 2 grad transfer guys, 1 juco guy, 1 db enter the draft Early, 1 db transfer, 1 retire Early and 1 move to another position (7 out of 13 either had limited experience left, left early, switched position, retired or transferred) . That’s more than half of the guys we signed since 2016. This one of the reasons why I dont always like taking grad transfers because it hurts depth numbers down the line.

Colbert (grad transfer)
Young (had to retire early)

Bandy ( left for the draft early)
Dean juco guy(limited years)
Delaney( grad transfer)

Frierson switched position
Blades
Ivey
Bethel transferred

Williams
Couch

dunson
Clarke

Yea I agree I can't take Brock serious or anyone who doesn't question Rumphb on recruiting and coaching. All I see is blah blah blah when Brock posts now. I imagine him with a cheerleader outfit on then I go vomit in my toilet.
Go swing on some more sec player and teams nuts fam , always crying about some sh*t.

Go swing on some more sec player and teams nuts fam , always crying about some sh*t.
I swing on nuts that deserve to be swung on.....a player like a RJ Macintosh...or a Duke Johnson....David Njoku.....those are some of the guys off the top of my head. I hate on SEC or any other player but if they are good, I will compliment a opposing player or HC or a elite level program if it's true. When we reach those heights I will stop swinging.

I swing on nuts that deserve to be swung on.....a player like a RJ Macintosh...or a Duke Johnson....David Njoku.....those are some of the guys off the top of my head. I hate on SEC or any other player but if they are good, I will compliment a opposing player or HC or a elite level program if it's true. When we reach those heights I will stop swinging.
1585761297110.gif

Pause...

Advertisement
It’s like that at every position except for what qb right now and Dline in terms of having the right numbers?

Have low numbers at linebacker, rb, receiver as well. We got what 8 receivers? That’s incredibly low for a college team.

I know some people on here casually watch football and just like to repeat what other people say on here but in reality of the situation from 2016-2019 all but one of those years(2018) did we have more corners than we will have this season.

And Of course you will have depth issues at a spot if of the 13 guys you have taken 2 grad transfer guys, 1 juco guy, 1 db enter the draft Early, 1 db transfer, 1 retire Early and 1 move to another position (7 out of 13 either had limited experience left, left early, switched position, retired or transferred) . That’s more than half of the guys we signed since 2016. This one of the reasons why I dont always like taking grad transfers because it hurts depth numbers down the line.
Colbert (grad transfer)

Delaney( grad transfer)

Blades
Ivey
Bethel transferred

Williams
Couch

dunson
Clarke

RB is from guys transferring out. Lingard/Martin. 3 recievers have transferred too. Cager/Njoku/Hightower. Being low on those numbers is not from recruiting. Yes we missed on a rb last year, but martin transfered in and then out. Rumph just hasn't signed the numbers that we need.

RB is from guys transferring out. Lingard/Martin. 3 recievers have transferred too. Cager/Njoku/Hightower. Being low on those numbers is not from recruiting. Yes we missed on a rb last year, but martin transfered in and then out. Rumph just hasn't signed the numbers that we need.
That’s what I’m saying, it’s hit those positions too and depth is low there but that’s 3 guys(homer since he left early for the draft) at rb and receiver, it’s 7 at cb so it’s on a different level of attrition at that specific position.

That’s what I’m saying, it’s hit those positions too and depth is low there but that’s 3 guys(homer since he left early for the draft) at rb and receiver, it’s 7 at cb so it’s on a different level of attrition at that specific position.
I just want enough cornerbacks on the roster where this conversation doesn't pop up every 3 weeks lol

I just want enough cornerbacks on the roster where this conversation doesn't pop up every 3 weeks lol
Sh*t is simple to me, due to abnormal attrition at the position the last few years, we won’t see normal numbers at cb until the 2021 season and that’s only if guys like blades and Ivey don’t do something dumb and declare for the draft early. With that being said I dont envision them leaving early so we should at least have 8 or more corners for the 2021 season which would be Miami finally getting its numbers back right.

Advertisement
Ain’t even going to cap, thought you were smarter than this for sure. By the way terrible analogy, you fumbled that Sh*t trying to hard bruh 😂. But anyway here we go.
Take a look at 2017
CBS from Florida we recruited

standford Samuel nole legacy and he was *** in college. Who ******* cares

Cj henderson - by far the biggest miss and none are even close to it in terms of impact in college. Jhova know his family, put two and two together there down the stretch in that recruitment...

Marco wilson- been hating Miami ever since Quincy went to uf and was never coming here. He’s okay but buddy gets abused in games and thinks he’s better than what he is.

Trajan bandy- signed with Miami, had a good college career.

-latavious Brini- singed with uga and hasn’t done sh*t in college.

2018 cbs in state we recruited
Tyson Campbell- sec bandwagoner getting recruited by elite schools.

pat surtain- see Campbell

obvious misses but they may have been a priority for Miami but we NEVER were a priority for them🤷🏾‍♂️. regardless while surtain has flashed here and there both haven’t played anywhere near as well as people thought they would especially Campbell yet they get talked on here so **** often like they were the second coming of Jalen Ramsey or Patrick Peterson.

Josh jobe- banda recruited him and he would have been a safety at Miami. Hasn’t done much in college at all. Think he may have started the bowl game.

Blades signed with Miami( out performed jobe and Campbell so far for sure and debatable with surtain in terms of who’s been better)

Ivey signed with Miami

Frierson signed with Miami

Divad Wilson. He’s hyped up but I haven’t seen anything noteworthy of him in cfb. It was said him and frierson had an issue

Asante Samuel- rumph wanted to recruit him early on but Diaz didn’t want him until jobe flipped but yet he gets blamed for that.

Keidron smith- signed with ole miss, can’t remember what happened there in terms of him possibly going to Miami but he’s outperformed **** near everyone in that 2018 cb class so far

Marquis Williams- signed with pitt, don’t think he’s done much.

2019 Florida cbs
Tiawan Mullen I’m not even sure if Miami even recruited him but he did well for indiana

Akeem dent- signed with fsu, looked terrible as a true freshman

tyrique stevenson- banda recruited him , played a little bit as a freshman. Looked better than Campbell did his freshman season for sure.

Tecory couch- signed with Miami

Jaden Davis- rumph wanted to recruit him early on but I can See why you don’t take 2 smaller corners and it seemed like a couch or Davis situation. Glad we got couch regardless

Not even going to mention the 2020 Florida cb class considering how weak it was in terms of realistic targets for Miami

long story short a lot of these dbs y’all continue to talk ad nauseam about as “misses” HAVENT DONE SH*T IN COLLEGE.... however a guy like Cj henderson was a miss for sure when you consider how well he did at uf. No disputing that. With that being said Majority of these guys have done literally nothing but y’all act like they all were some **** difference makers let you Mfs tell it . Fvck the hype, where the ******* production at?

2017 bandy was the 2nd best cb we recruited in that class

2018 blades has played like a top 2 cb in that class so far even over some more heralded ones

2019 Couch looks promising but we will see more this year. I think He will be a stud personally

Excuses for every miss with either they didn’t want us or aren’t that good yet saying we signed Ivey who was awful last year, bandy who’s a mediocre CB, Blades who would’ve signed here if I were recruiting him, and couch who has shown nothing in college

Colbert (grad transfer)

Delaney( grad transfer)

Blades
Ivey
Bethel transferred

Williams
Couch

dunson
Clarke
I didn't read most of your post but literally all you have to look at are the last 2 years. Rumph could only get 4 corners and 2 of those were extremely lucky (Dunson/Williams). If numbers were an issue, get more then 2 either year, it's literally that simple.

As far as other positions like rb/we....Miami turned good players down. So maybe they need more players but that's Manny's fault and not the position coaches lack of recruiting ability.

Lastly, no position is in as bad of shape numbers wise.

Advertisement
Excuses for every miss with either they didn’t want us or aren’t that good yet saying we signed Ivey who was awful last year, bandy who’s a mediocre CB, Blades who would’ve signed here if I were recruiting him, and couch who has shown nothing in college

giphy.gif

Advertisement

Chalk an outline around me. Lol

Ive never seen anything like this. There’s homers & then there’s Brock. U should’ve seen him during The Golden Years. Ooooooooooooooooh Boy. Lol.

U see how dude tried to use that excuse for DBs, but not the other positions.

I’ll put 2016 as a wash, whatever.

In 2017, he recruited ONE guy w/ a 3-4 yr eligibility. Lol. The other guy Dean...yeah, he came to Miami b/c Bama dropped him after keeping tabs on his JUCO progress. Delaney was supposed to a “stop gap.” Why? B/c we were going to load up on a great DB class in 2018.

Well, we know what happened in 2018. That consolation prize of Bethel was never Miami material & was ignored. Lol. My guy bounced. So we were left w Blades and Ivey.

2019....Again one guy was committed at DB all the way til then end, when LSU cooled off of Williams. Thank Goodness.

2020. ONE CB PROJECT was committed allllllllllll the way til the end, til Dunson signed at the last minute. I mean.....

I would say that’s poor recruiting.

Advertisement
Back