Barry Jackson notes and mike rumph thoughts on the corner depth

Advertisement
Gogeta speaking gospel....if it were me people would say I'm just moping. When I post I don't have to put a whole fuqin story.....just pay attention to what the guy has done......Rumph has done **** here complete ****
Diaz himself has wanted to replace Rumph these last 2 years but for whatever reason he has changed his mind.My guess is he's been pressured/forced to keep him on.

Diaz himself has wanted to replace Rumph these last 2 years but for whatever reason he has changed his mind.My guess is he's been pressured/forced to keep him on.
Who said?
He's the one who kept him on the staff. I'm not giving no excuses for Diaz and I find that hard to believe he tried to get rid of him

So you associate facts, w/ hate, huh? I see; so you're the type of dude when your boys tell you "My g, I just saw your girl bust it down on another ninja" and provide photos, b/c she said she loves you and that was her play brother, you'll believe her over them, huh? Lol.

Dude, you don't read. I clearly said since 2016 was his first year, so we'll give him a pass. BUT, if I'm going to debunk this excuse....even Paul Williams was able to snag Dallas Crawford and Thomas Finnie at the last moment in his first year, and as @gogeta4 clearly pointed out, Young came w/ Richt.

I know you want to give Frierson (who's a striker), and Ivey to Rumph....but BANDA was their lead recruiter, Brock. BANDA, not Rumph.

You have excuses for incompetence and it's unreal. Sometimes you be on point, and other times, just wow. I will retract on Couch....he did commit in Summer of 2018. Great, one early kid. Jeez. Your infatuation w/ Rumph is eerie af.

I suggest you go and look at allllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll the Florida DBs that Rumph have whiffed on from 2017 - 2020. F the 4 stars....just look at the 3 stars since you have a beta attitude. It's funny how you ALWAYS use this duck *** excuse...that we can't recruit with Bama, UGA, and LSU for "elite" CB recruits; not one person is arguing this, except you. We're talking about recruiting CBs. lol.
Ain’t even going to cap, thought you were smarter than this for sure. By the way terrible analogy, you fumbled that Sh*t trying to hard bruh 😂. But anyway here we go.
Take a look at 2017
CBS from Florida we recruited

standford Samuel nole legacy and he was *** in college. Who ******* cares

Cj henderson - by far the biggest miss and none are even close to it in terms of impact in college. Jhova know his family, put two and two together there down the stretch in that recruitment...

Marco wilson- been hating Miami ever since Quincy went to uf and was never coming here. He’s okay but buddy gets abused in games and thinks he’s better than what he is.

Trajan bandy- signed with Miami, had a good college career.

-latavious Brini- singed with uga and hasn’t done sh*t in college.

2018 cbs in state we recruited
Tyson Campbell- sec bandwagoner getting recruited by elite schools.

pat surtain- see Campbell

obvious misses but they may have been a priority for Miami but we NEVER were a priority for them🤷🏾‍♂️. regardless while surtain has flashed here and there both haven’t played anywhere near as well as people thought they would especially Campbell yet they get talked on here so **** often like they were the second coming of Jalen Ramsey or Patrick Peterson.

Josh jobe- banda recruited him and he would have been a safety at Miami. Hasn’t done much in college at all. Think he may have started the bowl game.

Blades signed with Miami( out performed jobe and Campbell so far for sure and debatable with surtain in terms of who’s been better)

Ivey signed with Miami

Frierson signed with Miami

Divad Wilson. He’s hyped up but I haven’t seen anything noteworthy of him in cfb. It was said him and frierson had an issue

Asante Samuel- rumph wanted to recruit him early on but Diaz didn’t want him until jobe flipped but yet he gets blamed for that.

Keidron smith- signed with ole miss, can’t remember what happened there in terms of him possibly going to Miami but he’s outperformed **** near everyone in that 2018 cb class so far

Marquis Williams- signed with pitt, don’t think he’s done much.

2019 Florida cbs
Tiawan Mullen I’m not even sure if Miami even recruited him but he did well for indiana

Akeem dent- signed with fsu, looked terrible as a true freshman

tyrique stevenson- banda recruited him , played a little bit as a freshman. Looked better than Campbell did his freshman season for sure.

Tecory couch- signed with Miami

Jaden Davis- rumph wanted to recruit him early on but I can See why you don’t take 2 smaller corners and it seemed like a couch or Davis situation. Glad we got couch regardless

Not even going to mention the 2020 Florida cb class considering how weak it was in terms of realistic targets for Miami

long story short a lot of these dbs y’all continue to talk ad nauseam about as “misses” HAVENT DONE SH*T IN COLLEGE.... however a guy like Cj henderson was a miss for sure when you consider how well he did at uf. No disputing that. With that being said Majority of these guys have done literally nothing but y’all act like they all were some **** difference makers let you Mfs tell it . Fvck the hype, where the ******* production at?

2017 bandy was the 2nd best cb we recruited in that class

2018 blades has played like a top 2 cb in that class so far even over some more heralded ones

2019 Couch looks promising but we will see more this year. I think He will be a stud personally

Last edited:
Advertisement
Brock, I can take or leave Rumph. He seems to be a good developer. Not a good recruiter at all. I just think you're overplaying your hand on defending him. He's not my first priority to change on the defense (Baker and Patke). But nothing special either. Needs to show something this season..

Ain’t even going to cap, thought you were smarter than this for sure. By the way terrible analogy, you fumbled that Sh*t trying to hard bruh 😂. But anyway here we go.
Take a look at 2017

Cj henderson - by far the biggest miss and none are even close to it in terms of impact in college. Jhova know his family, put two and two together there down the stretch in that recruitment...

Marco wilson- been hating Miami ever since Quincy went to uf and was never coming here. He’s okay but buddy gets abused in games and thinks he’s better than what he is.

obvious misses but they may have been a priority for Miami but we NEVER were a priority for them🤷🏾‍♂️. regardless while surtain has flashed here and there both haven’t played anywhere near as well as people thought they would especially Campbell yet they get talked on here so **** often like they were the second coming of Jalen Ramsey or Patrick Peterson.

Josh jobe- banda recruited him and he would have been a safety at Miami. Hasn’t done much in college at all. Think he may have started the bowl game.

Blades signed with Miami( out performed jobe and Campbell so far for sure and debatable with surtain in terms of who’s been better)

Ivey signed with Miami

Divad Wilson. He’s hyped up but I haven’t seen anything noteworthy of him in cfb. It was said him and frierson had an issue

Asante Samuel- rumph wanted to recruit him early on but Diaz didn’t want him until jobe flipped but yet he gets blamed for that.

Keidron smith- signed with ole miss, can’t remember what happened there in terms of him possibly going to Miami but he’s outperformed **** near everyone in that 2018 cb class so far

2019 Florida cbs
Tiawan Mullen I’m not even sure if Miami even recruited him but he did well for indiana

tyrique stevenson- banda recruited him , played a little bit as a freshman. Looked better than Campbell did his freshman season for sure.

Jaden Davis- rumph wanted to recruit him early on but I can See why you don’t take 2 smaller corners and it seemed like a couch or Davis situation. Glad we got couch regardless

Not even going to mention the 2020 Florida cb class considering how weak it was in terms of realistic targets for Miami

long story short a lot of these dbs y’all continue to talk ad nauseam about as “misses” HAVENT DONE SH*T IN COLLEGE.... however a guy like Cj henderson was a miss for sure when you consider how well he did at uf. No disputing that. With that being said Majority of these guys have done literally nothing but y’all act like they all were some **** difference makers let you Mfs tell it . Fvck the hype, where the ******* production at?

2018 blades has played like a top 2 cb in that class so far even over some more heralded ones

2019 Couch looks promising but we will see more this year. I think He will be a stud personally

LOL.....u know u have this innate tendency......naw, u know what chief, u right. In 2020, I no longer waste my time on ppl who are gluttons for punishment.

It’s like u’re arguing w a ghost or something. U talking about some 4 & 5 star guys, and the majority of us r talking about why do we only have 4 CBs on our roster in 5 yrs of his f’ing recruiting tenure! What tf is that so hard to see?

P.S you forget TC’s family is on this board & post here. I’ll just leave it like that

LOL.....u know u have this innate tendency......naw, u know what chief, u right. In 2020, I no longer waste my time on ppl who are gluttons for punishment.

It’s like u’re arguing w a ghost or something. U talking about some 4 & 5 star guys, and the majority of us r talking about why do we only have 4 CBs on our roster in 5 yrs of his f’ing recruiting tenure! What tf is that so hard to see?

P.S you forget TC’s family is on this board & post here. I’ll just leave it like that

A blind idiot could stumble into a few 4 stars at um, the problem is Rumph only has one more than the blind idiot. Our numbers have been a mess since he’s been here, I wonder why that is? I’m sure it has nothing to do with missing on our top 7-8 guys every year. Even with couch they circled back around after missing on their higher rated guys. Bandy they circled more than a few times before taking him.

3umk8k.jpg

I like you Brock, but had to be done

Advertisement
A blind idiot could stumble into a few 4 stars at um, the problem is Rumph only has one more than the blind idiot. Our numbers have been a mess since he’s been here, I wonder why that is? I’m sure it has nothing to do with missing on our top 7-8 guys every year. Even with couch they circled back around after missing on their higher rated guys. Bandy they circled more than a few times before taking him.
The numbers were a mess before he got here too. Golden staff left like 2 corners on the roster. And add with not choosing to go after some guys and not getting some the numbers hasn’t been able to ever really get right.

Brotha, you're speaking too much truth. I'm not sure why this is so hard to see. ****, Even Paul Williams picked up a 4 star and a 3 star CB in the waning moments of the 2011 cycle w/ only a couple of weeks on the job, then picked up 6 CBs the 2012 cycle including TH3. Granted PW sucked *** as recruiter and developer, but in 1 1/2 yrs, he recruited and signed 8 CBs. How?

Brotha, you're speaking too much truth. I'm not sure why this is so hard to see. ****, Even Paul Williams picked up a 4 star and a 3 star CB in the waning moments of the 2011 cycle w/ only a couple of weeks on the job, then picked up 6 CBs the 2012 cycle including TH3. Granted PW sucked *** as recruiter and developer, but in 1 1/2 yrs, he recruited and signed 8 CBs. How?
Take a look at the guys that signed. Nate Dortch, Terrence Henley, ryan mayes, larry hope, vernon davis, antonio crawford. Only Jackson and burns did anything and he didn’t get burns. And he didn’t get tracy. Tracy came here because of duke, malcom, bush, and them boys. It’s easy to sign a bunch of corners who can’t play and nobody else wants.

Take a look at 2017

Ivey signed with Miami

2019 Florida cbs

Brock for president

Advertisement
Take a look at 2017

Ivey signed with Miami

2019 Florida cbs

So everyone we lose is a sec band Wagoner? His job is to change that kids mindset like what Saban did to Juedy like what Maryland did with McFarland. Your job your main **** job is to recruit the beasts. If u find yourself with depth problems is the staffs **** fault period. When we out there last minute looking to fill spots with guys no one wants then that's a fail.

The numbers were a mess before he got here too. Golden staff left like 2 corners on the roster. And add with not choosing to go after some guys and not getting some the numbers hasn’t been able to ever really get right.

DUde we are 2 HC's since Golden...in SOUTH FLORIDA where cbs grow on trees........

We dont have the right numbers because they mismanage the position every cycle. Miami is a place where cbs should transfer OUT of due to no playing time and competition...not have a cb coach sprout off the names of 2 undheard of walk ons and say he likes what he got in his room. Sh*t crazy now adays...

Advertisement
DUde we are 2 HC's since Golden...in SOUTH FLORIDA where cbs grow on trees........

We dont have the right numbers because they mismanage the position every cycle. Miami is a place where cbs should transfer OUT of due to no playing time and competition...not have a cb coach sprout off the names of 2 undheard of walk ons and say he likes what he got in his room. Sh*t crazy now adays...

I don’t get why this is so hard to understand

I don’t get why this is so hard to understand
@brock. No one is arguing about the quality of our guys. On paper, it’s a solid group.

But it’s a very small group. The DEPTH is not there. You’re telling me we can have up to 85 guys on scholarship, and you’re fine with only 4/5 being used on a position when
1) 3 are used in a nickel defense half the time
2) our school is in the best area in the world to recruit for this position?

Like someone else said, he’s not my first person to go, but Rumph can be 3rd out the door if he doesn’t show me he can recruit numbers.

Take a look at the guys that signed. Nate Dortch, Terrence Henley, ryan mayes, larry hope, vernon davis, antonio crawford. Only Jackson and burns did anything and he didn’t get burns. And he didn’t get tracy. Tracy came here because of duke, malcom, bush, and them boys. It’s easy to sign a bunch of corners who can’t play and nobody else wants.

OK, so we give credit to Rumph for Blades Jr. even though he was a Cane since day 1, but not PW for Howard? Naw, it don't work like that.

And noticed I said PW sucked *** as a developer and recruiter.

@brock. No one is arguing about the quality of our guys. On paper, it’s a solid group.

But it’s a very small group. The DEPTH is not there. You’re telling me we can have up to 85 guys on scholarship, and you’re fine with only 4/5 being used on a position when
1) 3 are used in a nickel defense half the time
2) our school is in the best area in the world to recruit for this position?

Like someone else said, he’s not my first person to go, but Rumph can be 3rd out the door if he doesn’t show me he can recruit numbers.

Thank you. That's all ANYONE is saying. I swear Rumph signed an autograph for this ninja or something. lol. He goes way to hard and is blinded by the obvious.

Advertisement
Back