Barry Jackson notes and mike rumph thoughts on the corner depth

It feels so weird looking at the U and knowing they don't pump out superior dbs anymore. Weird times man
Miami has never pumped out legit superior cbs even when it was at the top Of football.
You win more you get better talent, this sh*t isn’t hard to comprehend. The dbs they have been getting have developed well lately but overall team success has hurt just like everywhere else in terms of draft selection. Your players get more notoriety and benefit of the doubt when you win at a high level.

The db talent Miami has now overall is a notch above what they have had in the last decade. It’s not full of flat out elite talent(jalen Ramsey, mashon lattimorre types) but there’s not a bunch of scrubs in the group whatsoever. The talent is getting noticeably better, easy to see that

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Miami has never pumped out legit superior cbs even when it was at the top Of football.
You win more you get better talent, this sh*t isn’t hard to comprehend. The dbs they have been getting have developed well lately but overall team success has hurt just like everywhere else in terms of draft selection. Your players get more notoriety and benefit of the doubt when you win at a high level.

The db talent Miami has now overall is a notch above what they have had in the last decade. It’s not full of flat out elite talent(jalen Ramsey, mashon lattimorre types) but there’s not a bunch of scrubs in the group whatsoever. The talent is getting noticeably better, easy to see that
Do a better job recruiting.....have some swag talk to the kids and beat the sec head to head regardless of records. Either keep elite kids home or go coach somewhere else. The talent is better then it has been in the past but where are the first round safeties at least? They should do a better job with elite prospects from sfla and that goes for any coach.

That kid is one of the stupidest individuals I ever met. His first week at um he was leaving Hecht in his mothers Malibu. Dumb *** kid hit my nephew's car decent. Like car is parked and he just side swiped it at the spots directly in front of Hecht. This silly mother ****** right after practice sprints of like he's doing wind sprints and cleared it. Anyone who's ever been to Hecht can see clear as day four cameras (two of em big as fvck) right at the front of Hecht and the parking lot. Left the car there and didn't come back to practice for 3 days. Lmao. Like he wasn't on camera everywhere and the car wasn't registered or something. Swore he had some warrants or something. He said he was worried his mother would cancel his insurance....

Funniest ****

Advertisement
didnt even need zoom to talk to his scholarship corners....couldve done it via 3 way.

GTFOH. I like what i got is essentially what someone says when ....

A grad transfer cb is DEFINATELY needed.

Thumbs up just for the M2S reference

Lol Your sunshine pumping got you losing it in this thread.... Phillip Buchanon, Mike Rumph, Antrel Rolle, and Kelly Jennings were all drafted in the 1st round in the early 2000s.

Not to mention the Ed Reeds, Sean Taylor’s, Brandon Merriweathers, and Kenny Phillips out of the safety position that added to the overall group of DBs Miami routinely developed into 1st round picks from 2002-2008.

That looks great to recruits regardless of how their NFL careers panned out. Compare that to now and it’s night and day.... Miami DBs have been ignored or drafted in later rounds for the most part in the draft for over a decade. Which has a completely negative look to recruits and to the national media in comparison to what we were doing in the NFL draft before.

Advertisement
Lol Your sunshine pumping got you losing it in this thread.... Phillip Buchanon, Mike Rumph, Antrel Rolle, and Kelly Jennings were all drafted in the 1st round in the early 2000s.

Not to mention the Ed Reeds, Sean Taylor’s, Brandon Merriweathers, and Kenny Phillips out of the safety position that added to the overall group of DBs Miami routinely developed into 1st round picks from 2002-2008.

That looks great to recruits regardless of how their NFL careers panned out. Compare that to now and it’s night and day.... Miami DBs have been ignored or drafted in later rounds for the most part in the draft for over a decade. Which has a completely negative look to recruits and to the national media in comparison to what we were doing in the NFL draft before.

you need to learn the definition of sunshine pumping. None of those cbs you listed did much of anything in the league at an elite level except antrel rolle who eventually moved to safety. Maybe our expectations of superior dbs is vastly different. No one said anything about safeties. I know Miami does well there especially compared to cb in terms of nfl success. And you saying compare that to now obviously but that’s not saying much and I’ve argued that exact same thing a number of times. It’s like that for **** near every position not just dbs

Last edited:
To say Miami “never” pumped out superior CBs is absolutely foolish...

Who cares what they do in the league? These HS kids just want to get drafted and drafted high. They want to go to the school that puts them in the best position/has the best reputation of doing that. At the moment that is OSU and LSU, what happens after that is on them....

If anything I'd say tae might cause initially the concern with him is reading the deep ball

I’ve been saying this since he committed , that and st’s is his best chance to play. Nickel is a perfect spot to get early pt to go with couch. Tae is a good enough athlete with good hips.

He’s actually built more like a cb right now.

Advertisement
Yeah. Just another short corner in the mix though. Our best hope at corner is Christian and tecory taking another step and dj being more confident in his reads. Don't give up on dj. **** be fine.

Is he a lot shorter than listed? I thought he was 5'11"? Bandy and Young weren't bad in the second half of their freshmen years. I'll take that. On film, Williams looks taller with more athleticism than either coming out of HS.

you need to learn the definition of sunshine pumping. None of those cbs you listed did much of anything in the league at an elite level except antrel rolle who eventually moved to safety. Maybe our expectations of superior dbs is vastly different.

Come on now, Brock.

Advertisement
Back