Barry Jackson--Diaz’s New Miami was a flop in year one. And here’s what must happen next

1. Why the double period?
2. Are you still playing with fonts?
3. Did you loosen your tinfoil helmet?

I refuse to answer trivial questions from a moron who lacks even a rudimentary understanding of business principles. I know that must pain you, since you're most probably an alum of this bankrupt, POS university.

Last edited:
Advertisement
This is not entirely correct. UM was cheap with coaching hires before Mark Richt was hired. That was the first time UM paid a truly competitive amount to a football coach. CMD is being paid very well given his lack of HC experience. Enos is also being paid very competitively. The last five years, money is not the reason the football team hasn't been as competitive as it should be. Money absolutely was a factor during the Coker, Shannon, and Golden eras. It isn't now.

Miami has been consistently signing top 15-20 classes. At the end of the day, the players on the team are the single most important factor. There is real talent on the team. A couple of years from now, we'll look back and be wowed by the fact we had Brevin & Mallory as a two-headed monster at TE...you will see. Lingard at RB will be electric. But, the scheme has to be solid and the OL has to do its job for the offense to perform.

These have been the biggest factors in the underperformance of the football team this year:

1) The AD doesn't understand the standard of excellence that was set at Miami and how to achieve that. IMHO, he's a bland potato that is comfortable collecting a paycheck for as long as he can. He ain't no Sam Jankovich that found great up & coming coaches...even on a really tight budget. Sam was shrewd and made some incredible hires.

2) Poor offensive scheme. Atrocious 3rd down conversion rate and many other stats prove that. Redzone playcalling was highly unimaginative. Enos is likely better solely as a QB coach. He did nothing to get athletes in space or mask severe deficiencies on OL. Leaving Zion on an island...ALL GAME LONG...while he was being eaten alive in his 1st start by Zuniga (and not making any adjustments) was shockingly bad. Calling long developing plays that rely on extended blocks by a porous OL makes no sense.

3) Poor OL play. Except for a few bright patches (brief ones), the OL play was atrocious this year. It definitely hampered the offense. This should be the number one focus in recruiting for all of the coaches as well as for Manny in the Portal. Go at this hard because the offense has a chance to perform at a much higher level, IF THIS IS FIXED BIG TIME.

4) Missed FGs & PATs. We need another scholarship K. Basic, short kicks cost us 3-4 games this year alone...and likely led to apathy/lack of motivation in the final couple of games. Those missed kicks had a huge impact on the season. Price did well on routine kicks at the end so major props to him but we still need to add another scholarship Kicker. This & poor OL play really were the main story of the season.

5) Lack of adequate preparation & maturity by Jarren. He has shown flashes of brilliance but also been surprisingly unprepared & mentally absent in at least a few games. To truly succeed in CFB, you have to go undefeated. That means preparation needs to be at the highest level for each & every opponent. You cannot take any opponent for granted in CFB. Jarren has to prepare more & be more consistent. He must also be allowed to audible as it is ridiculously limiting not to allow that & will lead to missed TDs as well as more INTs. Jarren needs to display greater leadership & maturity and prepare more meticulously for each game. He had too many games with far too many INTs. While he can be highly accurate, he needs to really assess why each one of those INTs occurred and work on eliminating that aspect going forward.

6) Poor tackling: got to make this a point of emphasis in practice. Not that hard to teach & drill proper tackling.

7) Excessive penalties: this was a factor in the first two thirds of the season. Lack of discipline & awareness as well as ego & selfishness. The coaches need to implement a system that punishes penalties heavily and change this big time. There's nothing worse than defeating yourself. All of the dumb penalties we take, do just that. Players have to learn to control their emotions and be true alpha dogs (always in control & looking down on their opponents as the scoreboard is heavily in Miami's favor). Players also need to do what's right for the team & their teammates -- not what feels best to them in the moment. They also need to learn the rules & apply them more carefully (see targeting calls). Let's stop defeating ourselves with dumb penalties. Let's make that a point of emphasis from the first game on.

8) Baker calling the Defense instead of Manny. We went from a dynamic attacking defense to a really passive one in the first half of the season. A real shame.

9) Not always playing the best players. Rousseau being behind Patchan initially is a classic example. You have to know your assets & always play your best players. Seniority & other factors aren't a consideration. Play the best players.

10) Lack of effort: the effort put forth against FIU and Duke was pitiful. Both the coaches & the players are very much responsible for that. Every player on the team should have more pride than that in themselves and how they represent the University. Above all else, it should be a matter of personal pride for each player to make their best effort in each game.

There are other factors but the ones above are the primary reasons. Manny can do better than this. He needs to get this fixed.
That's the point. He's not qualified. He doesn't know how to properly spend. If I'm a CIO and you tell me I have $4 million to buy an accounting package and I pay a vendor $4 milion for Quickbooks, you'd be ****ed because I don't know how to properly manage funds.

This is not entirely correct. UM was cheap with coaching hires before Mark Richt was hired. That was the first time UM paid a truly competitive amount to a football coach.

Actually, when Coker got paid, he was one of the highest paid coaches in the nation.

That wonderful (last) unnecessary extension.

Let's try again then, maybe the time is now.

1. Why the double period?
2. Are you still playing with fonts?
3. Did you loosen your tinfoil helmet?

I will never answer trivial questions from a moron who lacks even a rudimentary understanding of business principles. I know that must pain you, since you're most probably an alum of this bankrupt, POS university.

Advertisement
I will never answer trivial questions from a moron who lacks even a rudimentary understanding of business principles. I know that must pain you, since you're most probably an alum of this bankrupt, POS university.

I didn’t know your shortbus has wifi access.

Never forget...Winning the Coastal is “actually one of the highest bars set in the entire country”.

I didn’t know your shortbus has wifi access.

Never forget...Winning the Coastal is “actually one of the highest bars set in the entire country”.

And..I also didn't know the insane asylum where you make your residence allowed patients in the psych ward to roam freely without taking their psychotropic drugs.

Remember.."a bankrupt, POS university just needs to hire more competent people."

And..I also didn't know the insane asylum where you make your residence allowed patients in the psych ward to roam freely without taking their psychotropic drugs.

Remember.."a bankrupt, POS university just needs to hire more competent people."

Oh snap, the double period is back. Actually, two doubles in one porst! Then she follows it up with a fake quote, ouch!

Here is a fun quote...Winning the Coastal is “actually one of the highest bars set in the entire country”.

Oh snap, the double period is back. Actually, two doubles in one porst! Then she follows it up with a fake quote, ouch!

Here is a fun quote...Winning the Coastal is “actually one of the highest bars set in the entire country”.

Uh oh you forgot to take your drugs again, because its obvious your mental acuity is even duller than usual. Just like the good insane asylum patient that you are, you take my quote out of context. I on the other hand am only paraphrasing what you said. Do you see the difference?

Advertisement
Uh oh you forgot to take your drugs again, because its obvious your mental acuity is even duller than usual.

Oh man, no double period.

Here is an actual quote...Winning the Coastal is “actually one of the highest bars set in the entire country”.

Just like the good insane asylum patient that you are, you take my quote out of context.

I know you hate to answer trivial questions but in the previous part of your above porst you said "you forgot to take your drugs again". Can you be a good insane asylum patient and forget to take your drugs? I know you ride the shortbus and wear a tinfoil helmet, so perhaps you can share some personal insight.

Also, remember when you said winning the Coastal is “actually one of the highest bars set in the entire country”?

I on the other hand am only paraphrasing what you said. Do you see the difference?

Now we're going on a tangent about paraphrasing. It was a fake quote. Here is your fake quote again..."a bankrupt, POS university just needs to hire more competent people."

--------------

Potato Checklist Revised:

1. Changes her font for every porst.
2. Porsts about poor UM and the mom and pop stuff.
3. Sticks to an illogical and irrational point even though she has been explained that it is incorrect numerous times.
4. Makes up fake quotes.
5. Believes that...Winning the Coastal is “actually one of the highest bars set in the entire country”.

Oh man, no double period.

Here is an actual quote...Winning the Coastal is “actually one of the highest bars set in the entire country”.

I know you hate to answer trivial questions but in the previous part of your above porst you said "you forgot to take your drugs again". Can you be a good insane asylum patient and forget to take your drugs? I know you ride the shortbus and wear a tinfoil helmet, so perhaps you can share some personal insight.

Also, remember when you said winning the Coastal is “actually one of the highest bars set in the entire country”?

Now we're going on a tangent about paraphrasing. It was a fake quote. Here is your fake quote again..."a bankrupt, POS university just needs to hire more competent people."

--------------

Potato Checklist Revised:

1. Changes her font for every porst.
2. Porsts about poor UM and the mom and pop stuff.
3. Sticks to an illogical and irrational point even though she has been explained that it is incorrect numerous times.
4. Makes up fake quotes.
5. Believes that...Winning the Coastal is “actually one of the highest bars set in the entire country”.

As a special insane asylum patient who finds eating & throwing poo gratifying, you are unfortunately held to a different set of standards compared to other patients.

The quotes in question were these:

1.) "It doesn’t take a lot to field a better on the field performance. It isn’t talent or money that is holding us back, it is simply poor, illogical and irrational decision making and a lack of accountability."

2.) "Our biggest issue, our most relevant and material issue, is human capital and the lack thereof. Bring in a competent AD with passion and autonomy."

The abridged, non-literal interpretation of that offered by someone who's not an insane asylum patient that spends the majority of his time in a strait jacket is as follows:

"MIA as a bankrupt, pos university, just needs to hire more competent people."

"bankruptcy should never prevent MIA from hiring the most competent people, because in business human capital is hardly ever the result of finances or compensation."

"MIA should dominate & win the Coastal every yr despite having the 2nd lowest paid HC, and being out resourced by almost every school in the division."

-the accuracy of a quote doesn't determine whether it's being taken out of context or misconstrued. fyi

-saying something is illogical & irrational as an insane asylum patient that spends the majority of his time in a strait jacket doesn't make it true. fyi

-being an alum of a bankrupt, pos university is causing you to hallucinate worse than the main protagonist in the movie shutter island. fyi

-and most importantly just because **** is the same color as chocolate, doesn't mean you should eat it. fyi

Last edited:
I hope he makes the right changes. I think he will. He knows his job's on the line.

As a special insane asylum patient who finds eating & throwing poo gratifying

I stopped here. Your insults are sub par. Perhaps you spend too much time changing your fonts, using double periods and making up fake quotes; can't you come up with something more clever?

Advertisement
Exactly, Manny is a smart guy and will make the needed changes. If he doesn't then he won't be here in three years.
Most smart guys make the needed changes in-game, at halftime, on a bye week, or after any humiliating loss to an inferior opponent. You're suggesting that this so-call smart guy will figure it out during an offseason after blowing smoke up the media *** and those not so knowledgeable, or worse, "the dreaded slurpers."
Let me hit you with a headline mr. Mod: He's not the man for the job at The U

I stopped here. Your insults are sub par. Perhaps you spend too much time changing your fonts, using double periods and making up fake quotes; can't you come up with something more clever?

Yeah, you're probably right. But forget eating in the asylum cafeteria tonight. Doesn't that look yummy?

Advertisement
Back