barry jackson article

So ... after almost two years in the program, Perry still can't master the offense, pick up blitzes, etc. Hardly infallible (look at Dan Marino), but this is why the NFL uses the Wonderlic.

As for the OL not playing up to their talent level, I gotta question that. Unless talent means soft, slow and pudgy is the ideal.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Barry Hackson is an atrocious excuse of a journalist and a football nincompoop.

He did the same “duh well da talent isn’t good” argument for Golden while he was losing to talentless garbage schools, too. Years later all these guys are in the NFL and the dudes they were losing to work for H&R Block.

The flip side to the talent argument is...if you're team isn't talented, and it hasn't been up to par from a talent perspective in FIFTEEN YEARS...then maybe going at it from the perspective of talent acquisition isn't the way to go about it. Perhaps its time to try and win by out-scheming teams with innovative offensive and defensive coordinators. You don't even need to break the bank for these types. Lots of teams are looking at the FCS market for top offensive minds. But we haven't done that. We've had some of the most boring, uninspiring coaches at the helm for - what will be future Miami Hurricanes and Miami Hurricane recruits - a lifetime.

If money is an issue (its not)...then go to the FCS level and find someone unique. Cal did. Oklahoma State did. Oregon did.

Sean Gleeson at Princeton. Young OC/QBC that - in two seasons - has basically re-written the Princeton record book offensively.
Samford Head Coach Chris Hatcher has a long history of incredibly productive offenses with his "Hatch Attack"
Jacksonville State's John Grass, too, another long history of productive offenses.

At some point, you need to do something different. What the program has been doing has been utter ****. Even if forced to get an OC, I fear Richt will hire some boring trash like Mike Bobo.

Advertisement
Not surprised by any of this. Richt is a joke of a HC plain and simple. Rich probably doesn't even know what his offensive philosophy is. That's pathetic.

Its pretty disappointing that, with all of Richt's coaching experience, This is the best offensive coaching staff he could assemble when he was hired. WTF is his hard on for calling plays? Go be an OC some where than and gtfoh. Jeezus Christ the offense sucks

Rosier hasn't been good this season and Perry has not been to good either, that being said even if we put Jarren in I guarantee the outcome will be the same. Jarren will look unprepared, and look like he just does not know what is going on; not because he is bad, but because we have a terrible qb coach he obviously does not know how to develop kids. So I'm not blaming the players, even Rosier, I simply blame the performances of the qbs on Big Richt and Little Richt.

Advertisement
J - - - - - - -
He's right but he's gotta shut the **** up.
The COACH needs to learn how to not give people the same look.
ROSIER needs to learn how to throw a beach ball in the ocean.
Smug *** bum *** QB.
He's too trash to talk so much.
Tired of this ****.
- - -
Check the principled, hierarchal student suppressing (not his place, etc.), bs. Speak the truth (and that doesn't mean be dishonoring, belligerent, or "smug," disrespectful, or undermine those from whom you're supposed to learn from... Take the traditionalist glasses off, and you'll see he simply said, "we [have] to learn to..." and its unquestionably for the benefit of the team. And this 'earn the right to speak' * (your comment that he's "too trash to talk so much") is more or equally stubborn as Richt's approach (if it doesn't fit within the confines... then bye bye)... Rosier spoke up, publicly; and few things are that telling and hopefully helpful to account for what's happening within the team (outside it's easy to see the stagnant offense; but when you have someone who's been at the brunt of the dispute (more for the decision to play him, than criticizing him), and he calls out what he claims is part of the problem (without ignoring that to some extent, he may also deflecting from his play, but which would still go back to who's decision it was to play him), it can help shed light --specifically to those who are in a position to affect a change in philosophies, and eventually personnel). So, for that, we can be thankful for Rosier's comment; but beyond that, he shouldn't be criticized for speaking up on the idea that he isn't good enough to speak... On those grounds, are any of us "qualified?").

He forgot to mention Richt is enjoying his 4 million a year retirement check too much to be bothered with making any corrections

Barry Jackson is a quagmire looking clown lisp speaking bum who knows as much about football as my dog

Advertisement
Pitt, the week before, had 634 yards and 54 points against Dook...

No doubt because it didnt rain...

J - - - - - - -

- - -
Check the principled, hierarchal student suppressing (not his place, etc.), bs. Speak the truth (and that doesn't mean be dishonoring, belligerent, or "smug," disrespectful, or undermine those from whom you're supposed to learn from... Take the traditionalist glasses off, and you'll see he simply said, "we [have] to learn to..." and its unquestionably for the benefit of the team. And this 'earn the right to speak' * (your comment that he's "too trash to talk so much") is more or equally stubborn as Richt's approach (if it doesn't fit within the confines... then bye bye)... Rosier spoke up, publicly; and few things are that telling and hopefully helpful to account for what's happening within the team (outside it's easy to see the stagnant offense; but when you have someone who's been at the brunt of the dispute (more for the decision to play him, than criticizing him), and he calls out what he claims is part of the problem (without ignoring that to some extent, he may also deflecting from his play, but which would still go back to who's decision it was to play him), it can help shed light --specifically to those who are in a position to affect a change in philosophies, and eventually personnel). So, for that, we can be thankful for Rosier's comment; but beyond that, he shouldn't be criticized for speaking up on the idea that he isn't good enough to speak... On those grounds, are any of us "qualified?").

TLDR

Advertisement
Who is paying this guy to pump this pro Richt propaganda out?

No exaggeration, if we had the offensive coaching staffs of the last 3 teams that beat us, we'd average 40 points a game.

Richt is not in it to win it. He is the kind of guy who tells his assistant coaches to go home if he sees them working late. He is the kind of guy who preaches family over football.

And there's nothing wrong w that. It's an admirable quality. Just not one I want in my head football coach.

Rosier hasn't been good this season and Perry has not been to good either, that being said even if we put Jarren in I guarantee the outcome will be the same. Jarren will look unprepared, and look like he just does not know what is going on; not because he is bad, but because we have a terrible qb coach he obviously does not know how to develop kids. So I'm not blaming the players, even Rosier, I simply blame the performances of the qbs on Big Richt and Little Richt.

BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes:

I actually like Jackon’s idea to bench Rosier forever, play Perry at GT, and have Perry and Jarren split reps for the VT and Pitt games. If by some miracle Miami makes a minor bowl game, split reps again. Jarren gets plenty of work and keeps his redshirt.

I think he just has the credentials to write an article about what a ton of guys on here have been ranting about for weeks now (I wonder if he has a secret account).

But as you said, Yes - he needs to put the Rosier plan back in the vault and wish him a happy life after Miami. Perry - and Williams - need to be bumped up to QB1/2 in practice and need to be prepped to lead this program. Let's see what they can do and we need to move the program forward.

Now, this won't solve all our problems ::cough, cough::: OC, QB Coach, OL but it would at least put the QB situation where it needs to be.

Advertisement
Back