Barry Jackson Article On The Offense

We have very talented skill position guys. We have a crap OL and no QB.

We have an obsolete offensive coach, a terrible play caller that can’t adjust or even worse fail to acknowledge that his team and offensive concepts are not getting it done. A coach that is on QB 3 of his tenure here and they all regressed.

Advertisement
More nuance than the article suggests. Read Roman or Lance Roffers. They'll give you something beyond "bar conversation." It's more than just not having the right personnel to "run it up the gut and throw it downfield." It's the fact we're more than good enough to throw the ball downfield against a team like UVA, where the OL at times gives sufficient time, and yet success still doesn't happen. Why? The question is really about what happens if Coach Richt gets ALL the personnel he wants. How superior would it need to be to overcome being behind the 8 ball (the defensive coverage or DL knowing the tendency)?

here is the article
https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/barry-jackson/article219883855.html

"Here’s the underlying problem: Richt likes to run a power offense, with runs up the gut, and throw the ball downfield, but he doesn’t have the personnel to do it with the success he would like."

"Richt’s offensive line isn’t nearly good enough. Unless Lingard eventually proves to be that guy, he doesn’t have elite, big backs like he did at Georgia (Todd Gurley and Sony Michel). And he doesn’t have a quarterback nearly close to the level of Matt Stafford and Aaron Murray, two of his best at Georgia."

"And that, in a nutshell, is why this UM offense continues to perform at levels below what anyone would have hoped when Richt was hired."
LMAO now our RB's aren't good enough to run Richt's offense? I watch a ton of college football and you find many backs better than Homer and especially DeeJay Dallas.

Advertisement
LMAO now our RB's aren't good enough to run Richt's offense? I watch a ton of college football and you find many backs better than Homer and especially DeeJay Dallas.
he said "elite" i love deejay but neither of these two are in the league of a todd gurley

he said "elite" i love deejay but neither of these two are in the league of a todd gurley
No one in college football is like Todd Gurley, he's an absolute freak. Our backs do a lot with very little from the offensive line. The issues are obvious it's offensive line and our QB. Richt needs to adapt or pass the sticks because we are good enough to beat every team in the coastal division by 10+.

No one in college football is like Todd Gurley, he's an absolute freak. Our backs do a lot with very little from the offensive line. The issues are obvious it's offensive line and our QB. Richt needs to adapt or pass the sticks because we are good enough to beat every team in the coastal division by 10+.
i agree with this whole statment.

Advertisement
Does this article mean the media is turning on cmr?

Everyone turned on him as the clock ticked down at the Virginia game. You can't lose to a **** team like Virginia. There is a lot of talent on this Miami team, Richt gets paid 4 million it's time he earned it. Every one of us were probably thinking this should be a 4 td win.

Advertisement
he has a point. richt has always said the ol isnt good and we have two back ups that arent reliable off the field.
Lingard can be a stud and our best ol guys are young. sometimes i feel like im jumping the guy but what concerns me is
the '19 class isnt that strong. '17 was good, '18 was great, and '19 needs to build on it.
There is a valid point regarding the lack of talent, but that’s not the problem. The problem is running an offense without regard those talent issues.

Advertisement
here is the article
https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/barry-jackson/article219883855.html

"Here’s the underlying problem: Richt likes to run a power offense, with runs up the gut, and throw the ball downfield, but he doesn’t have the personnel to do it with the success he would like."

"Richt’s offensive line isn’t nearly good enough. Unless Lingard eventually proves to be that guy, he doesn’t have elite, big backs like he did at Georgia (Todd Gurley and Sony Michel). And he doesn’t have a quarterback nearly close to the level of Matt Stafford and Aaron Murray, two of his best at Georgia."

"And that, in a nutshell, is why this UM offense continues to perform at levels below what anyone would have hoped when Richt was hired."

So we have to have an All American QB and 2 All American RBs for richt's offense to succeed? Got it.

Is this real life? I thought we were long past the days of out-talenting everyone.

We have very talented skill position guys. We have a crap OL and no QB.
You forgot to mention that we have an old fart calling plays from a playbook dated back when Larry Zanka was playing. I'm sure he could run up the middle on every first and second down!

here is the article

We avg less PPG than we Golden was here.

But hey...let the agenda man continue blaming Perry's study habits.

Advertisement
Back