Barry Jackson Article about spring...some qb updates

Guaranteed coach’s mind won’t be made up till Aug 1 at the earliest. Let’s see how much progress the young bucks can make

Advertisement
I’ve said that too
I agree with the feeling that most likely no decision will be made until Fall practice - and watch out for Jarren Williams. Especially if Perry continues to have issues reading defense etc. Jarren is a smart kid and seems to have a tremendous work ethic .... Could be interesting.

Does Jarren ever get any reps with the first or second teams? Perhaps in the practice scrimmages?

Again richt is going to tow the company line as he should this spring all the way to fall camp to have assurance malik won’t transfer for a final season imo
Yep. Rosier is his backup plan, literally.

Means nothing.

“one observer said his deep ball is not as good as... blah blah blah”

Names are unimportant, he could be talking about anybody.

Practice “observers”, even Dee, aren’t there all the time, don’t see every pass, aren’t in the QB room, etc.

Remember last year? Dee, DMoney, the brow, a bunch others, all but assured us based on their own personal observation of practice in spring and early summer that Rosier sucked and there was no way he was the man. We all know how that turned out.

Look, I’m rooting for N’Kosi to win the job because of his arm talent, so some lame-o saying one deep ball looked bad is irrelevant.

But I’m trying to stay objective. I want the guy who wins the job to start. Whoever that is. Period.
I said that about malik while i still stated my concerns about nkosi. I still say that about malik and he won the job based soley by default. If jack could simply man up like cmr intended and take criticism understanding where it comes from being lets work at it and improve rather than feeling like a butt hurt female cause of his father saying we shouldnt be so critical than jack wouldve been the starter and this conversation wouldnt be valid. Other than that i agree with everything you said. Im just not gonna make a case for malik is some standout qb. Not even a decent qb in my eyes. But i understand to some all that matters is the teams results instead of any individuals. If thats the case than i guess who cares who plays qb & lets all make sure no one is critical of play calling or player developement at skill positions like wr cause were playing with a ball and chain...

Advertisement

Have at it.

While if true this may not be surprising, this is also an FSU honk who might be trying to stir up some shlt.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, we are only a handful of practices into the spring of a WIDE OPEN QB competition where there are 3, maybe even 4 legit candidates. Sure, it’s logical for Rosier to have the lead now just based on a shlt ton of experience.

If Perry and Weldon, maybe even Williams, work their asses off the rest of spring, the break, and into the summer, let’s hope for a strong spirited competition.

I don’t want anyone winning by default.

Have at it.

That’s the guy who said jim leavit was coming to FSU, cristobal coming with Taggart, and a bunch of other big name coaches were coming too and look how that turned out. He’s not credible whatsoever

Advertisement
That’s the guy who said jim leaving was coming to FSU, cristobal coming with Taggart, and a bunch of other big name coaches were coming too and look how that turned out. He’s not credible whatsoever
Negative on Canes, all in on the trailerhasse girls university. Sounds like he might have a CIS account.

Advertisement
That’s the guy who said jim leavit was coming to FSU, cristobal coming with Taggart, and a bunch of other big name coaches were coming too and look how that turned out. He’s not credible whatsoever

I don’t if know his “source” is credible or not but the reaction is hardly surprising. Last year some FSU guy was talking on a podcast about how he didn’t see Perry being an early contributor. Said he was raw. He got roasted here too. Brooklyndee who has been wrong on pretty much everything with a large amount of his misses being in recruiting can be trusted though because his words are those you want to read.

I'm betting Rosier starts against LSU. Don't think the decision will even be close. From there, though, position could be wide open and Rosier, unlike last year, on a short leash.
Kenny Kelly all over again. I particularly enjoyed how that turned out.
2001-Miami-Hurricanes.png

Advertisement
It'll all play out in the end.this is just spring practice no sense in having a heart attack over it.got another 5-6 months before a decision is made.if its one of the young players don't see a w against LSU.say what you want but a game on the road in a packed house just could be too overwhelming for a first start.hope some of you don't explode if the younger guys don't play like a vet.

I don’t if know his “source” is credible or not but the reaction is hardly surprising. Last year some FSU guy was talking on a podcast about how he didn’t see Perry being an early contributor. Said he was raw. He got roasted here too. Brooklyndee who has been wrong on pretty much everything with a large amount of his misses being in recruiting can be trusted though because his words are those you want to read.
Dee, as a former player gets to see a lot more of practice than any of the media members. They literally get to see the first ten minutes or so and then are asked to leave the field.

Can we please put aside the idea of Rosier starting against LSU and then somehow being overtaken by another guy later in the season? If they can't beat him out in spring and fall, how are they going to beat him out during the season when they'll be getting much fewer practice reps?

Advertisement
Back