Barry Jackson Article about spring...some qb updates

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/barry-jackson/article207435934.html

Not the glowing review of Perry that we all hope for, but none of these writers knows anything at this point. I trust BrooklynDee if he says Malik has been crap.

Cant wait for spring game, so we can see for ourselves and all stop guessing.

"According to one observer"? And we are making this out to be consensus opinion? Come on, even 3 out 4 ancient astronaut theorists believe the pyramids were built by aliens!

Advertisement
Funny how people pick and choose who and what they want to believe . I bet if dude was saying Perry looked great his credibility wouldn’t be questioned . Like Franchise said all we can do is wait and see .

Either way , it sounds like none of the QBs are exactly stepping up . But it’s early spring..

This. But it’ll turn into a seven page analysis of nothing.

Nothing matters until some scrimmages and the spring game.

Seven pages here we come.

I’ve heard two different stories with who looks better, maybe oh maybe it’s too early to know anything.

i'd rather see any of the young guys get a shot over malik. he has no feel for the game. that being said, i always had concerns about perry because he played a lower level of competition in hs and he got away with things that wont fly in college. He definitely has a ton of talent, but watch his tape his senior year and watch Jarren Williams. it's night and day in my opinion.

I'm a bigger fan of Williams. His H.S. tape looks the best of any of them IMO.

Could Perry be second coming of Jacory? Lotta similarities. Except Jacory faced much tougher HS competition.

Advertisement
Honestly malik winning the job over Perry, Weldon and sherrifs last season doesn’t mean much. Was he the best at the time? Yes but that’s not saying much since he was battling talented but young freshman qbs and with sherrifs we all saw how awful he looked...

I'm betting Rosier starts against LSU. Don't think the decision will even be close. From there, though, position could be wide open and Rosier, unlike last year, on a short leash.
Best start in Mark’s HC career, first coastal title for Miami, #2 late in season, one game from playoff, last second win crushing noles’s hearts, are not things easy to turn your back on. Yeap, I bet Rosier starts that opening game too. But mark has options if things go sideways.

Advertisement
Very good news about Dean, Ivey, and Frierson. Especially Dean. That's a lot of talent in the secondary with another senior as athletic is him on the field. Hall has been a beast as well hope for the best with his injury.

And Rousseau and Campbell were considered redshirt projects until now for the most part. What they turned out to be so far is a bonus going into this season.

Hightower and Wiggins are beast. Wiggins is another player surpassing expectations out the gate.

All of our early enrollees are turning heads. We still got Nesta, Pope, Ezzard, Mallory, Camron, Blades, Reed, and Realus coming in with expectations to meet the standard the early enrollees have set.

And if our trend of underrated recruits stepping up continues..... Bethel, Miller, and Joyner are up next.

Very good news about Dean, Ivey, and Frierson. Especially Dean. That's a lot of talent in the secondary with another senior as athletic is him on the field. Hall has been a beast as well hope for the best with his injury.

And Rousseau and Campbell were considered redshirt projects until now for the most part. What they turned out to be so far is a bonus going into this season.

Hightower and Wiggins are beast. Wiggins is another player surpassing expectations out the gate.

All of our early enrollees are turning heads. We still got Nesta, Pope, Ezzard, Mallory, Camron, Blades, Reed, and Realus coming in with expectations to meet the standard the early enrollees have set.

And if our trend of underrated recruits stepping up continues..... Bethel, Miller, and Joyner are up next.

Lol how can you leave the most important name off here: Mr Jordan

Advertisement
Best start in Mark’s HC career, first coastal title for Miami, #2 late in season, one game from playoff, last second win crushing noles’s hearts, are not things easy to turn your back on. Yeap, I bet Rosier starts that opening game too. But mark has options if things go sideways.
Rosier will start v LSU, count on it, just for reasons you state, and I have been saying that same thing all along. Unless he is lights out, which I seriously doubt, another QB starts second half, been saying that as well. I had thought Perry would be that guy, but maybe its Williams, dont matter to me, I trust Right. Mark will keep Rosier in the saddle for insurance purposes, smart move. We know LSU gonna load up and make Rosier beat em with his arm, as they should. Game will be close at half, allowing Right to put HIS guy in, whomever that may be. No way he (Richt) goes through another year with his hands tied because of a lame QB. He will lead Rosier along to keep him, but he knows he's the weak link, just biding time till one of the younguns steps up, again, smart move on his part.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back