Barry Jackson’s Latest

Advertisement
That Plumlee kid would be an idiot to go to UGA. No way they utilize him correctly. Not saying we would either (OC pending of course) but if it were Applepie he should give us a look. Jarren is good but with a brand new OC it's a clean slate moreso than ever. Equal ground with the upperclassman.

Advertisement
Gotcha. But you said a coach can ***** a player over by putting him in for one snap (or now with the new rule, 4 games) and then they can't transfer without sitting out. But that makes no sense, as whether a player redshirts or not has no bearing whatsoever on whether they have to sit out a year when they transfer. Only a graduate transfer doesn't have to sit out. Period. If you're an undergrad you sit out a year whether you have redshirted or not.

I didn't say that that was another poster, I was just telling you why he is requesting. The coaches admitted the kid requested to be redshirted and they agreed to. They then played him when they shouldn't have. I am just letting you know what he's claiming, I'm not supporting either way.

- We offered a 2019 QB named Plumlee, who is committed to UGA. He’s interested, but waiting to see who we hire as OC/QB coach.
Super athletic and probably is in the same boat Sitkowski was with Miami last cycle, the school he's comitted doesn't want him

- Grad transfer QBs we might target include SMU’s Ben Hicks, Jalen Hurts, and Shane Buechele.
How many UT QBs are transfering? All of them apparently

- Asa Martin is seeking a waiver to play immediately due to Auburn messing up his RS.
Lo, Dallas, David all above him, unless somebody gets hurt I don't see this as a big impact, but more the merrier

None of that matters. It is well within the rights of the coaches to play a freshman in five games.

It's well within the rights of the kid to refuse entering the game. The coaches admitted they told him they would honor his request and several coaches thought he only played in 3 games so they played him. I'm not advocating for the kid or the coaches. Just relaying what he claims.

Advertisement
I didn't say that that was another poster, I was just telling you why he is requesting. The coaches admitted the kid requested to be redshirted and they agreed to. They then played him when they shouldn't have. I am just letting you know what he's claiming, I'm not supporting either way.
Ahhh, I missed that. My bad. I was just being a snarky a-s as it drives me insane how many people continue to spit this false narrative that upping the redshirt rule from 1 game to 4 games somehow made it so all kids can play in 3 games and then transfer without sitting out. It's like the bogeyman that will not die.

Will be interesting to see if they grant the waiver. I can't imagine they do, personally.

How does a player burning his red shirt by playing in a game/games have any bearing on him being able to transfer and play immediately? Please explain.

I misinterpreted the rule change. I thought with the continuation of 5 years to play 4, that transferring during a redshirt year made you eligible immediately the next year. I didn't realize that was grad-transfer only, as I guess most of the transfers I've seen since the rule change were grad transfer.

As a reminder, a coach can sign a release allowing for immediate playing time when they transfer out, so it's possible for them to sign it to get the press to go away.

- We are targeting two grad transfers — Buffalo WR KJ Osborn and UCLA DT Chigozie Nnoruka.

- We offered a 2019 QB named Plumlee, who is committed to UGA. He’s interested, but waiting to see who we hire as OC/QB coach.

- Grad transfer QBs we might target include SMU’s Ben Hicks, Jalen Hurts, and Shane Buechele.

- Asa Martin is seeking a waiver to play immediately due to Auburn messing up his RS.

- Jarren Williams is staying.

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/article223552605.html
No issue with Jalen Hurts, if he's here in 2018, we're playing in the ACCCG.

Advertisement
I misinterpreted the rule change. I thought with the continuation of 5 years to play 4, that transferring during a redshirt year made you eligible immediately the next year. I didn't realize that was grad-transfer only, as I guess most of the transfers I've seen since the rule change were grad transfer.

As a reminder, a coach can sign a release allowing for immediate playing time when they transfer out, so it's possible for them to sign it to get the press to go away.
Yeah, everyone seems to have misunderstood that. I think it was because it first hit a lot of radars with the Bryant situation. His was different because he was a graduate transfer. So in his case, the fact he hadn't played 4 games meant he had a year of eligibility left. Then, because he was a graduate, he got to play immediately. The confusion still lingers though and so many people seem to think new redshirt rule = any player can play 3 games and transfer without sitting out a year. Definitely not the case.

I didn't think a coach could waive the 1 year sit out, only restrictions as to where they can play. I may absolutely be wrong on that though.

Bring them all.

And good news on Asa. The RB room is legit.
if Applewhite is the guy and barry Jackson is reporting its probably not him I can see those rbs all being used in some ways. I could see dallas in backfield with lindgard/davis/burns/martin, rb room is stacked and so is wr if young. cant wait to see this kids in a modern type of offense vs the pro style that didn't work at all cause we don't get that kind of elite linemen needed for that style

Advertisement
Ahhh, I missed that. My bad. I was just being a snarky a-s as it drives me insane how many people continue to spit this false narrative that upping the redshirt rule from 1 game to 4 games somehow made it so all kids can play in 3 games and then transfer without sitting out. It's like the bogeyman that will not die.

Will be interesting to see if they grant the waiver. I can't imagine they do, personally.

I think he has a case but it's always an uphill battle going against the NCAA. Hopefully they grant it, we could use him. If not well Richt and Co. whiffed on the RB position this year so him sitting out wouldn't hurt either.

I think he has a case but it's always an uphill battle going against the NCAA. Hopefully they grant it, we could use him. If not well Richt and Co. whiffed on the RB position this year so him sitting out wouldn't hurt either.
Agree. Love to have him now, but we will be fine in 2019 with Deejay, Cam, Lo and Burns.

I thought there was supposed to be a "big announcement" today by Manny. Oh well, it's still early.

It's well within the rights of the kid to refuse entering the game. The coaches admitted they told him they would honor his request and several coaches thought he only played in 3 games so they played him. I'm not advocating for the kid or the coaches. Just relaying what he claims.

Uh, what? None of that has to do with a kid having a legitimate claim to transfer without having to sit out.

Advertisement
Back