Barry Jackson’s Latest

Advertisement
How does a player burning his red shirt by playing in a game/games have any bearing on him being able to transfer and play immediately? Please explain.
If he didn’t play that one snap, then that would’ve been his redshirt year. But they changed the redshirt rules, so why does it matter?

If he didn’t play that one snap, then that would’ve been his redshirt year. But they changed the redshirt rules, so why does it matter?
Would have been his redshirt year, yes. But either way it would have zero impact on whether or not he had to sit out after transferring.

A question for the rules experts. How do grad transfers "count" for class size purposes? I know that 85 is the max for the team and that 25 are max for a class [minus early enrollees who can count against the previous year if there are spaces still open]. Can we sign grad transfers till we reach 85? If so, what is the downside of that-they will be gone after one year so we can still recruit next cycle?

- We are targeting two grad transfers — Buffalo WR KJ Osborn and UCLA DT Chigozie Nnoruka.

- We offered a 2019 QB named Plumlee, who is committed to UGA. He’s interested, but waiting to see who we hire as OC/QB coach.

- Grad transfer QBs we might target include SMU’s Ben Hicks, Jalen Hurts, and Shane Buechele.

- Asa Martin is seeking a waiver to play immediately due to Auburn messing up his RS.

- Jarren Williams is staying.

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/article223552605.html

Miami absolutely needs to go after Jalen Hurts... HARD! No ifs, buts or whatever.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Cane fellows should be CONCERNED about the offensive line!!!!!!!!!! Because the current returning line is AVERAGE at best and what not. Plus there's NO depth which is quality-like. If U Know What I Mean.

UCF's line help put up 32 on LSU where as we couldn't even muster a fart on offense.

KJ is a beast of WR and Plumblee is a great QB. Like the moves . **** like every single move Diaz has made ( though I do wish he would of made someone else in charge of special teams but I trust him)

UCF's line help put up 32 on LSU where as we couldn't even muster a fart on offense.

What's funny is Miami had 100 more yards against LSU than UCF did. Also held LSU to 300 less yards. Yet our offense got 8 less points than UCF's.

Advertisement
I think in the spread thw oline can be serviceable plus i think we have some younger players that are more talented than others

Advertisement
As the OC I’m fine with Apple but I really want the Clemson CO-OC think he would be great young hire that will stay for years to come

Advertisement
Back