Barry J. article summary on "behind the scenes" problems.

Advertisement
People who smoke weed disgust me. Any player caught smoking weed should be reported to the police and expelled from school - zero exceptions.

tenor (47).gif

You know what the Canes need, besides better players? More mature, grounded players like Shaq Quarterman, who consistently does the right thing. There are a lot of UM players like Quarterman in that regard. But the Canes need all of them to be that way, especially in the quarterback room.

▪ That UM source said the Canes need more students of the game, too, noting how ridiculous it was - as one example - that Williams took off running on what was supposed to be an end-of-the-half Hail Mary in the Independence Bowl.

A UM source identified two other problems with Williams: 1) He missed a lot of open receivers this season. 2) He can’t recover quickly enough, or at all, from a mental standpoint after throwing interceptions. He spiraled downward after early-game interceptions against Virginia Tech and FIU, before rallying late in the FIU game
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

NOPE, as soon as we get back to old skool style of upper classmen team leadership, this **** will be solved almost overnight:

Advertisement
If you really believe they would be arrested and not playing at another program, you're either trolling or really are ignorant to marijuana in today's society

Not a D1 program. Al Golden used to do this which is why none of the 4star kids he kicked off the team ever played any more football

If Golden had a better DC, he would have been a great coach here

I’m thinking they should drug test the corches with the **** they threw up on film. 3 strikes and you’re out!

Or an IQ test for the coaches.

Football IQ test.

If they score above zero, they can stay.

That'd get rid of the HC, anyway.

I’m thinking they should drug test the corches with the **** they threw up on film. 3 strikes and you’re out!

Advertisement
That's all that was. Propaganda. My first thought was the intent to dirty his name to support the "Fight or Flight" approach...

I'm getting a kick out of all the JW call outs. Common sense has me asking ONE simple question. If he's such an over the top weed head, why in the **** didn't Perry or Tate take his job?

Like... this is easy. Basic common sense question. What was Perry or Tate up to? None of these kids respect TNM or had an ounce of respect for Enos. What they were doing HAD to be worse. Or Manure is REALLY, really, really incompetent.

I used the same simple approach to evaluating Rosier when he was here. How did he go from dropping dimes against Duke (pre-Jon) to not being able to make a simple post or deep throw under Jon? ****, he couldn't even make a hitch pass down the stretch.

Coaching matters.

Maybe JW is just more naturally talented than the other two. There is an inexplicable inconsistency to JW game that fits into the narrative in this story....and before we say coaching...yes penos was a disaster as an OC but he was a successful QB coach.

Not a D1 program. Al Golden used to do this which is why none of the 4star kids he kicked off the team ever played any more football

If Golden had a better DC, he would have been a great coach here
I don't believe that for a second, not if they are good enough. Your example of a kicking off a first offense weed user would absolutely be on another major program.
Even Golden's last year was 5 years ago, the landscape around marijuana has changed massively. Major league baseball has removed it from their list of banned substances and more and more entities will follow

You need to retire and enjoy playing Bridge at your local nursing home. Marijuana has numerous medicinal benefits. Your vitriol should be focused at opioids and alcohol.

Alcohol doesn’t lower your IQ. Alcohol doesn’t ruin your motivation and make you sit on the couch eating Doritos all day.

I want football players who are driven, aggressive, hungry and committed.

If that means kicking half the team to the curb and starting over with nothing but transfers, so be it.

We are NEVER winning so long as our team is full of lazy stoners

Advertisement
Alcohol doesn’t lower your IQ. Alcohol doesn’t ruin your motivation and make you sit on the couch eating Doritos all day.

If that means kicking half the team to the curb and starting over with nothing but transfers, so be it.

This is a ridiculous take straight out of the Nixon era. That myth has been debunked and studies have shown it improves concentration and study. Alcohol has no benefits, does make you either lazy or violent. The absolute worst side effects possible with marijuana is hungry, happy and sleepy.

Alcohol is 10X worse than weed. What the **** are you talking about?

Advertisement
Never said it was, people just assume it's always just Perry or Jarren.

Some of the players on this squad that the board is in love with are actually some of the main culprits for the issues that plague the locker room.

It's just only certain guys get called out for it based on who fans like & don't like.
We're F'd. **** like this isn't easy to eradicate...

Look at all the suckers falling in line with the Hecht talking point of this offseason. Once again, bunch of “woke” liberal white folks at UM sitting there talking **** on the players to save their jobs and their friends jobs. telling yall Hecht employees and the BOT are what inspired the movie Get Out.

The head coach is an amateur who only got the job bc his dad is friends with major BOT members. But keep blaming the volunteer kids while a bunch of rich dudes give handouts to their friends kids.

I want the entire athletic administration cleansed. Everyone gone. Having said that its not mutually exclusive to ALSO be upset if prominent playes were misding curfew the night before the fiu loss. Thats just not acceptable and saying so doesn't make you any less critical of the administration.

This column was eye opening. We complain about the coaching a lot, but we also have a roster full of apathetic players. At some point, some leaders need to step up and raise the accountability. It’s clear the coaches can’t handle that on their own.

Right but who’s brought these kid into the program???

Advertisement
Back