Barry J. article discussing the internal power struggle

Advertisement
Got to admit...Manny has some major Huevos Rancheros with extra hot salsa. At least if he goes down it will be on his own terms. Maybe this is fool hardy, big egoed, and myopic on his part, or he is an f'n savage.

We could possibly still see Highsmith next year if he's only scouting in NFL or taking some time off. Not ready to go on the ledge yet like some of you. We can possibly still see him and Mario next season believe it or not.

What do you mean? Are you talking in reality? Where else does someone other than the AD make the hire? You’re really proposing doing something that no other school in the country does on top of the dysfunction already surrounding the program? It’s a recipe for disaster, it’s clear as day.
I'm not making it up. This is what's being proposed. Have you been following along?

Advertisement
Got to admit...Manny has some major Huevos Rancheros with extra hot salsa. At least if he goes down it will be on his own terms. Maybe this is fool hardy, big egoed, and myopic on his part, or he is an f'n savage.

We could possibly still see Highsmith next year if he's only scouting in NFL or taking some time off. Not ready to go on the ledge yet like some of you. We can possibly still see him and Mario next season believe it or not.
He’s gonna go down swinging with the likes of Patke Banda and Baker, I like Manny’s chances of failure

I wrote two days ago that no one of any substance is going to come to this dumpster fire of a program.

Now, Mario has just insured himself a nice four-year extension from Phil Knight, plus incentives for Assistants.

We have meth addicted porsters already begging the BOT to look into the Cristobal Buyout.

They’re going to find their backs to the wall when they have to fire Diaz next year. They’ll need a steady hand to stabilize the Program.

Yep. Butch.
Mario’s buyout is 6 million by the end of the month. A bargain compared to the 4 million we set on fire last year.

If flake doesn’t want to do anything and have his coach run it all he should have hired a true ceo. A guy who can evaluate players and run the program. Basically right without the play calling

Advertisement
I'm not making it up. This is what's being proposed. Have you been following along?
Nobody but posters on CIS has proposed this. There have been no reports of creating a Football only AD with authority over the head coach who works with the “other” AD as equals. The proposals have been a high ranking assistant role to the HC (which is common) or a Chief of Staff with equal power to the HC that reports to the AD, which not a single P5 school has and would make us the first.

Advertisement
Nobody but posters on CIS has proposed this. There have been no reports of creating a Football only AD with authority over the head coach who works with the “other” AD as equals. The proposals have been a high ranking assistant role to the HC (which is common) or a Chief of Staff with equal power to the HC that reports to the AD, which not a single P5 school has and would make us the first.
I have been pointing this out. There is no job here. The neutered version isn’t interesting to anyone good, and the powerful position won’t work beyond Manny. No future new HC is going to step into that threesome. This is all smoke and mirrors.

I do think a smart AD would find a way to build recruiting and eval resources in a permanent capacity so coaching changes don’t topple the work and people involved. But tat’s a long term ‘infrastructure’ opportunity, not a miracle cure.

There isn't a college football coach worth 2 cents who's going to want to be hired with an assistant football AD or whatever you call it who is going to tell him what to do. And short of criminal activity off the field leading to a scandal, the same thing if you start firing coaches after 1 year. Manny either gets it right next year or he's out. I think he knows this.

He’s gonna go down swinging with the likes of Patke Banda and Baker, I like Manny’s chances of failure

The OC hire is huge. But I am wondering who he's going to get that is any good knowing he has only 1 year to get it right?

Advertisement
What really scares me is that Manny will have a decent season because the schedule is worse next year. Manny and Flake will disguise it as improvement.

Good. That's the exact kind of thinking we need. We rose to prominence by being on the cutting edge of college football. Now we've been left in the dust. Let's be trail blazers again.

There isn't a college football coach worth 2 cents who's going to want to be hired with an assistant football AD or whatever you call it who is going to tell him what to do. And short of criminal activity off the field leading to a scandal, the same thing if you start firing coaches after 1 year. Manny either gets it right next year or he's out. I think he knows this.
I'm going to disagree a bit here. I think some coaches would welcome a former NFL exec helping them build a program. Secondly, I don't think Highsmith would completely neuter a coaches power to hire and fire, he would probably help the decision making and probably have final say if they can't agree on a subject. IMO

Advertisement
Back