Barry J. article 8/12/20

Ideally you have both. The speed and athleticism is what makes Avery Huff so intriguing. He may not have the polish Flagg has but once he becomes comfortable with the playbook watch out. Either way I'm optimistic about Flagg.
At the end of the day, it's all about making plays. I want guys that can make plays, consistently. I don't think that's asking too much. I am confident that we have a really good mix of talent there, and we should see some good LB play.

Advertisement
At the end of the day, it's all about making plays. I want guys that can make plays, consistently. I don't think that's asking too much. I am confident that we have a really good mix of talent there, and we should see some good LB play.
I agree. I think we have a decent amount of talent in our LB room now, can Manny/Baker coach them up is the real question.

Good stuff from CFF on Roche.

I wish we got an update on the CBs. Frierson has been a bit of a disappointment so far. Maybe I am reading into the fact that Patke mentioned Keontra before Gil, but I expected Gil to have the striker position locked down by now.

Depending on how our young CBs are progressing, Gil should maybe be playing both Striker and CB.

Track numbers are for unimpeded running. We need football speed...

Advertisement
Advertisement
“D’Eriq, his ability to hurt people with his arms and legs - there have been so many great guys that have come through this place but you haven’t seen a guy with this type of ability at UM, just his style of play what he can do,” Diaz said. “Very, very dangerous to the defense. His legs but also his arm, how accurate he is. It’s been fun to watch him practice.”

Straight line speed is over rated at LB. Give me a guy that runs a 4.6 and is always around the ball over a guy that can run a 4.4 but runs the wrong **** way. I love instinctual football players.
If Flagg was a 4.6 guy, no one would be questioning his movement skills. I think he's much closer to a 5.0 guy.

If he can get there, he'll make the play. Only question is whether he has the movement skills to excel at this level.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back