Banner

Hate banners honestly, still have that stance on them. I can See if it was year 3 but they aren’t firing this man sadly after year 1 so it’s not going to do anything lol
I was never a banner guy either. Manny is just a symptom of the root problem, which is the AD.

Advertisement
What if we fly banners at a couple of games this weekend? Try to get national attention. I mean we're running out of time here to get this ship turned around before its sunk

Advertisement
I'm only contributing if the banner is directed at Blake James head.

Even if Manny resigned tomorrow, I have absolutely zero confidence that piece of **** is capable of making a good hire. He's gotta go first....let a good AD clean house.
This. And it needs to say "Blake James is the cancer"

The banner should say:

"BLAKE JAMES HIRED DIAZ AND RICHT, FIRE HIM TO SAVE THE SHIP"
or
"FIRE BLAKE JAMES FROM AD, RICHT AND DIAZ ARE A TRAVESTY"

Advertisement
Ok gents. I’m going to get the pricing tomorrow from the airplane/banner company and set the donation $$$ goal to what the quote they give me is. I’m donating 100$ right then and there. Hopefully this can be like richt giving a million for the IPF and this thing catches fire so we can fly the banner for our last game on national tv against UVA.

Last edited:
Blake James and Hilarie Bass have to go
Absolutely... went to HS with Hilarie, she gives two shiits about football, but she's hunkered down at the BOT. As much as I hate the idea, we need to lose every remaining game this year to send a message to the BOT to focus on something other than UHealth.

Nay, bloke. But those metal birds with the message will be visible on the magic box via ESPN.
Yea the BOT doesn't care about football,,, however they don't like negative nationwide exposure like TV commentators commenting on the dumpster fire at the U. They would have no choice but to reluctantly address the issue. A banner must fly only when we play primetime with ESPN/nationwide TV coverage.

Advertisement
Lol...that ain't happening....

Why not? His coaching days are almost , if not already, over. It's a natural next step for him and say whatever you want about him as a coach....that man has more experience around high level football than just about anyone out there.

I was NEVER one of those people on this board yelling for Butch to be brought back as a coach, that ship sailed a long time ago. As an athletic director however....I think it would make a ton of sense.

And another thing...we're not going to get some big shot AD from another school, our school doesn't care about winning enough to poach someone else's top end administrator. Butch represents about as good an option as we could get.

Why not? His coaching days are almost , if not already, over. It's a natural next step for him and say whatever you want about him as a coach....that man has more experience around high level football than just about anyone out there.

I was NEVER one of those people on this board yelling for Butch to be brought back as a coach, that ship sailed a long time ago. As an athletic director however....I think it would make a ton of sense.

And another thing...we're not going to get some big shot AD from another school, our school doesn't care about winning enough to poach someone else's top end administrator. Butch represents about as good an option as we could get.
Nobody is more of a Fan of Butch's on this board (aside from @dsddcane) than myself...I can assure you of that. I wanted Butch back/ or to have stayed up until 2013...thats when I realized it was a done deal, regardless of Butch's close relationship with Paul Di'mare...As far as AD....You honestly think UMs Administration and BOT would even give that a second of thought, when they wouldn't give him the time of day in ref to him coming back as a HC??....Lol....Look....UMs BOTs never thought much of Butch (sans a few) and the feeling was moreeee than mutual....Butch ain't coming back as an AD at UM...

Nobody is more of a Fan of Butch's on this board (aside from @dsddcane) than myself...I can assure you of that. I wanted Butch back/ or to have stayed up until 2013...thats when I realized it was a done deal, regardless of Butch's close relationship with Paul Di'mare...As far as AD....You honestly think UMs Administration and BOT would even give that a second of thought, when they wouldn't give him the time of day in ref to him coming back as a HC??....Lol....Look....UMs BOTs never thought much of Butch (sans a few) and the feeling was moreeee than mutual....Butch ain't coming back as an AD at UM...

Just because our incompetent/apathetic BOT probably won't...still doesn't mean they shouldn't. I stand by statement. I'd be intrigued by the hiring.

Advertisement
the amount of money people are willing to contribute to a banner is staggering, considering how cheap game tickets are, but this is CIS afterall.

Just because our incompetent/apathetic BOT probably won't...still doesn't mean they shouldn't. I stand by statement. I'd be intrigued by the hiring.
If people on this Board knew what Butch put up with dealing with the BOT and oversight committee from 95-2000 they'd be stunned....Nothing short of harassment...
F-them....Butch doesn't owe them a F-ing thing....They should Su*k Butch's D*ck for the Money Butch directly made them from 2000-2004....

Advertisement
Back