Bandy's future

I honestly think bandy will test very well at the combine, he will run in 4.42-4.46 range and jump at least a 37 vertical or higher
I don't think Bandy is that fast or explosive. He's looks more like a 4.55 guy with a good explosion, around 32-34 inch vert.

Advertisement
I don't think Bandy is that fast or explosive. He's looks more like a 4.55 guy with a good explosion, around 32-34 inch vert.
he’s more explosive than that, pretty sure he ran a 4.51 at the opening testing too before with a good vertical already in highschool

Naw, he’s more explosive than that
He may be, his explosion doesn’t jump out at you like a 37 should. He is more instinctive and that makes it seem like he is a better athlete than he actually is. He’s a great athlete but for his size he needs to be elite if he wants to be drafted high.

He is a kid that will be a late rounder and stay in the league for 10+ years. Kid is a great player.

He’ll test well and so far has mostly decent tape. Height will hold him back a little bit but not too much because he’s built well and still makes plays at the LOS.

I’d say just guessing he’s a 4th-5th rounder if he leaves after junior year, a 3rd rounder if he leaves after senior year.

He was the best pure corner on our roster last season imo.

I think he’s the kind of player that will have his draft stock maxed after this year. He’s not goi g to grow anymore and he will be a 2 year starter who played a lot his first year.

What it will come down to is whether or not he wants to play fourth year. I hope he does because the kids a dog and will be a leader on this defense this season and next if he decides to stay.

Regardless I feel like he’s at best a 3-4 rounder because of his size.

Advertisement
I
I think he’s the kind of player that will have his draft stock maxed after this year. He’s not goi g to grow anymore and he will be a 2 year starter who played a lot his first year.

What it will come down to is whether or not he wants to play fourth year. I hope he does because the kids a dog and will be a leader on this defense this season and next if he decides to stay.

Regardless I feel like he’s at best a 3-4 rounder because of his size.
I get that. I guess it all depends on the other corners in whatever class he declares for. If it’s week next year and he balled out, then maybe he should declare for 2020. Would love to have him as a senior though.

Advertisement
Excellent analysis.

My amateur opinion on Elder is that he was perceived as having a “frame” issue. In other words, his slight frame would not support much weight gain and that he therefore was somewhat of an injury risk. Corn never looked like he weighed much more than 175 when he was here, at least from my recollection. I don’t care what weight they had him listed at.

I don’t think that was an S&C issue, some people just don’t have large frames that support much more than 180 natural pounds. I think he’s one of those people.

Based on his combine numbers he should’ve gone probably higher. He did run a 4.4

What do you think?
Corn ran a 4.55

Advertisement
Excellent analysis.

My amateur opinion on Elder is that he was perceived as having a “frame” issue. In other words, his slight frame would not support much weight gain and that he therefore was somewhat of an injury risk. Corn never looked like he weighed much more than 175 when he was here, at least from my recollection. I don’t care what weight they had him listed at.

I don’t think that was an S&C issue, some people just don’t have large frames that support much more than 180 natural pounds. I think he’s one of those people.

Based on his combine numbers he should’ve gone probably higher. He did run a 4.4

What do you think?
Unfortunately Elder is on the bubble after two unproductive years in Charlotte. Let's hope Bandy is better.

Advertisement
Excellent analysis.

What do you think?
With Corn I think weight was part of the issue & he has been injured his first 2 years in the league, but what dropped him in the draft was at his size he was never that athletically explosive on film. He was a player that showed very good instincts & tested well, but didn't really have a high ceiling.

Bandy has a higher upside than Elder with better ballhawk & natural coverage skills, but being his size will put him in the 5th-7th round range, unless he completely blows up & has a great year. But even so still, his best bet is to return his Senior season.

Pick six to beat Clemson in ACC title game and another for overtime win against Bama for the title, then the Ed Reed comparisons star and he goes late first round. Game winning plays on D get attention.

Anybody think he is a possible three and out?

If not, where does he project as a future draft choice and to what extent will his size hold him back?

I'd say he's a 4-5th round pick in 2020.

He'd be a fool to go pro early. Look at where Redwine and J. Johnson went after sticking around four years. Neither were Day One guys even with THAT and had they left early, they fall even further.

Current Canes better be next-level talents if they're thinking about leaving early—or the need to be a running back in a jammed up backfield who wouldn't have benefitted much from returning (re: Homer).

Advertisement
Back