Bandy's future

If we are counting to plays he got beat like once or twice, your just exaggerating.
I got my opinion why the **** is it exaggerating.. if you don't agree cool but stop the homerism. He isn't some lockdown *** cornerback.. Lol and I'm not going back and forth

Advertisement
I got my opinion why the **** is it exaggerating.. if you don't agree cool but stop the homerism. He isn't some lockdown *** cornerback.. Lol and I'm not going back and forth
because getting beat 2 times is facts and you act like he got beat 5 or 6 therefore you are exaggerating.

Bandy doesn’t occasionally get torched deep, it happened on one play vs ga tech out of how many all year?. The Toledo play was bad tackling angles from bandy and redwine on a simple stop route.
He does Brock he does man.. he gave up some plays last year and you are a homer. It's not your fault you're raised to only see the good in things. But take the glasses off and be honest.

Well Jackson had 4 picks the year before, he just happened to be not tested as much this year for whatever the reason to have plays on the ball.
Ya he dropped off big time. It’s just alarming to me that he got tested so little and when he did, like Toledo, he looked vulnerable.

To me, for Bandy, except the play against Georgia Tech where he looked lost, he had an elite year.

Ya he dropped off big time. It’s just alarming to me that he got tested so little and when he did, like Toledo, he looked vulnerable.

To me, for Bandy, except the play against Georgia Tech where he looked lost, he had an elite year.
Have to disagree, jackson had a good year and was a baller in coverage. Didn’t get beat often at all even when he was thrown at. He and redwine were a product of Miami products being undervalued for whatever the reason despite their elite athleticism and good film

Advertisement
Another thread where CIS porsters get to show they belong in the cool kids club by seeing who can trash our best players the most, under the guise of “fair analysis”

Guys that at best rode the pine and now bag groceries, are expert analysts, ready to pounce on all the alleged defensive fūckups in a top defense.

I
Have to disagree, jackson had a good year and was a baller in coverage. Didn’t get beat often at all even when he was thrown at. He and redwine were a product of Miami products being undervalued for whatever the reason despite their elite athleticism and good film
I agree that he had a good year overall. But the fact he didn’t show much progression and a lack of playmaking during his senior year I’m sure is why he fell pretty far.

And I think while Jackson had a good year, Bandy had a great year. Nothing against Mike Jack, although I still think he’d be a better safety.

If Tyrann Mathieu was drafted in the 3rd only bc of his off the field issues and Lamarcus Joyner was drafted in the 2nd... Bandy has just as much a chance and should be drafted somewhere between the 2nd and 3rd as well.

Some of y’all say the dumbest ****... he’s 5’8” that makes him a 6th round pick?? U were born yesterday.
Tyrann Mathieu and Lamarcus Joyner lol the only thing bandy has in common is their height.

Advertisement
Jackson got beat underneath all year. When he gets picked on he did look vulnerable at times

Jackson got beat underneath all year. When he gets picked on he did look vulnerable at times
Precisely. When receivers went underneath on drags/slants/ins against MJ, there was usually decent space in between.

If you watch Bandy’s tape, he was attached to receivers on slant routes and had multiple PBUs.

This isn’t factual, What games specifically? Don’t just repeat the sh*t what games he got beat underneath? For the past 2 years for that matter outside of the both Toledo games and pitt 2017. He didn’t get beat underneath or deep as often as you are insinuating period

Advertisement
This isn’t factual, What games specifically? Don’t just repeat the sh*t what games he got beat underneath? For the past 2 years for that matter outside of the both Toledo games and pitt 2017. He didn’t get beat underneath or deep as often as you are insinuating period
Really in any game that was a quality opponent. His feet often looks stuck in mud when a wide receiver isnt going deep. If he was this major shut down corner then he wouldve went higher. Go watch the games, look at draft analysis, they all say the same thing. And im a big fan of Mike Jack when he gets his hands on the receiver and allow him to impose his strength or when he plays off ball in a zone system

Really in any game that was a quality opponent. His feet often looks stuck in mud when a wide receiver isnt going deep. If he was this major shut down corner then he wouldve went higher. Go watch the games, look at draft analysis, they all say the same thing. And im a big fan of Mike Jack when he gets his hands on the receiver and allow him to impose his strength or when he plays off ball in a zone system
I watch all of the games and this just isn’t true, jackson was plagued for being a Miami hurricane which is why he didn’t go high and that’s facts. Miami not viewed the same as they used to be in the league in the draft community. From a prospect he checked all the boxes film, athleticism and character yet only went in the 5th round. Bargain canes

I watch all of the games and this just isn’t true, jackson was plagued for being a Miami hurricane which is why he didn’t go high and that’s facts. Miami not viewed the same as they used to be in the league in the draft community. From a prospect he checked all the boxes film, athleticism and character yet only went in the 5th round. Bargain canes
Sean Spence, Olivier Vernon, Brandon Linder, Duke Johnson, Clive Walford, Phillip Dorsett, Ereck Flowers, Artie Burns, David Njoku, Chad Thomas.... all taken in the 3rd round or earlier. Whether or not there's a negative stigma against our players, that narrative doesn't fit for a 6'1 corner with tight hips.

Advertisement
D$ compares him to Brandon Flowers, which I agree with from a measurables & play style standpoint.

I compared him to Tavon Young out of Temple, who is built like Bandy & has close to identical measurables as well. Young was a 4th round pick after being a 4 year starter in college & put up similar numbers.

He's been a very good Nickel Corner for the Ravens he's already signed a 3 year extension for $25mill with $13mill fully guaranteed. They didn't even let him get to the final year of his rookie deal, they extended him after just 2 years in the league & that's even after he missed a whole season with a ACL.

Young benefitted from coming back his Senior year & has already been more successful than 1st rounders that were drafted ahead of him like Eli Apple & Vernon Hargreaves. Bandy would most likely go Undrafted if he came out after this season, unless he had an insane year where he got like 10+ PBU's & 7INT's, then he'd probably get bumped up a few rounds. But otherwise, if Bandy leaves early he'll be a low round at best & most likely UDFA.

He needs to come back his Senior year if he wants to get picked in any rounds higher than 6th or 7th, look no further than Corn Elder. Elder his Senior year had 76tcks 4.5 TFL's 3 sacks & 12 PBU's & was still only a 5th round pick.

D$ compares him to Brandon Flowers, which I agree with from a measurables & play style standpoint.

I compared him to Tavon Young out of Temple, who is built like Bandy & has close to identical measurables as well. Young was a 4th round pick after being a 4 year starter in college & put up similar numbers.

He's been a very good Nickel Corner for the Ravens he's already signed a 3 year extension for $25mill with $13mill fully guaranteed. They didn't even let him get to the final year of his rookie deal, they extended him after just 2 years in the league & that's even after he missed a whole season with a ACL.

Young benefitted from coming back his Senior year & has already been more successful than 1st rounders that were drafted ahead of him like Eli Apple & Vernon Hargreaves. Bandy would most likely go Undrafted if he came out after this season, unless he had an insane year where he got like 10+ PBU's & 7INT's, then he'd probably get bumped up a few rounds. But otherwise, if Bandy leaves early he'll be a low round at best & most likely UDFA.

He needs to come back his Senior year if he wants to get picked in any rounds higher than 6th or 7th, look no further than Corn Elder. Elder his Senior year had 76tcks 4.5 TFL's 3 sacks & 12 PBU's & was still only a 5th round pick.

Excellent analysis.

My amateur opinion on Elder is that he was perceived as having a “frame” issue. In other words, his slight frame would not support much weight gain and that he therefore was somewhat of an injury risk. Corn never looked like he weighed much more than 175 when he was here, at least from my recollection. I don’t care what weight they had him listed at.

I don’t think that was an S&C issue, some people just don’t have large frames that support much more than 180 natural pounds. I think he’s one of those people.

Based on his combine numbers he should’ve gone probably higher. He did run a 4.4

What do you think?

Advertisement
Back