Bandy's future

Advertisement
You talking about bandy? How did he get beat a bunch if he only allowed 49% completion rate?
He gave up a few plays out of how many in coverage(a lot)? Whatever he gave up was minuscule at best in terms of per coverage snap ratio. Because quite frankly Miami’s passing defense was that elite in 2018 totally shutting down whoever they played per game. As I said Before you can go through any cb film and pick plays in which guys get beat

As of now I’ve heard he’s in the 6th-undrafted range projecting if he came out early. Obviously it’s early and things change but that’s the current thought on them
Since you are on that side of the business, why are miami guys being undervalued in your opinion? I’m not saying bandy is a first round corner but that projection is lower than he should go imo. Even with productive guys like Jackson or redwine who tested elite with production and led the #1 passing defense they still ended up being only mid round draft picks. Is the draft community just down on Miami talent as a whole or what is it?

Advertisement
Unless he has serious financial issues I see him coming back. He’s never going to be a 1st rd draft pick. Maybe 3-4th and he will be an elite slot cb in the nfl.

Advertisement
Cyrus Jones from bama went #60 overall a few years back and he’s pretty much the same size as bandy
That’s because Belichick is a mad man and always thinks he’s the smartest man in the room (usually is). But he reached for Cyrus Jones and it was one of his worst 2nd rd picks ever. He was drafted primarily for his pr skills and dude couldn’t even field a punt while here in New England. It was a disaster.

Too hard to try to tell a player to stay when he sees that $$$$ sign.friends and family well basically everyone chimming in giving these players all kinds of advic e.I was surprised shaq and co didn't declare.

Advertisement
That’s because Belichick is a mad man and always thinks he’s the smartest man in the room (usually is). But he reached for Cyrus Jones and it was one of his worst 2nd rd picks ever. He was drafted primarily for his pr skills and dude couldn’t even field a punt while here in New England. It was a disaster.
Yeah he hasn’t been good, I think bandy is a better corner than jones though

Since you are on that side of the business, why are miami guys being undervalued in your opinion? I’m not saying bandy is a first round corner but that projection is lower than he should go imo. Even with productive guys like Jackson or redwine who tested elite with production and led the #1 passing defense they still ended up being only mid round draft picks. Is the draft community just down on Miami talent as a whole or what is it?
I don't think that's undervaluing Bandy.

He's got that dog in him, but from what I've seen he's not the elite athlete he needs to be at sub 5'10" to be coveted by NFL teams.

I don't think that's undervaluing Bandy.

He's got that dog in him, but from what I've seen he's not the elite athlete he needs to be at sub 5'10" to be coveted by NFL teams.
I honestly think bandy will test very well at the combine, he will run in 4.42-4.46 range and jump at least a 37 vertical or higher

Advertisement
If Tyrann Mathieu was drafted in the 3rd only bc of his off the field issues and Lamarcus Joyner was drafted in the 2nd... Bandy has just as much a chance and should be drafted somewhere between the 2nd and 3rd as well.

Some of y’all say the dumbest ****... he’s 5’8” that makes him a 6th round pick?? U were born yesterday.

Some of you never learn. You love to prop our players so much and then reality sets in. Bandy's a decent corner, more of a nickel guy than a boundary corner. Plays the short/intermediate pass well, but can and does occasionally get torched deep. He's 5'8 or 9, so tall receivers can catch over him. He's a willing tackler, and plays well near the LOS. 4-5 rounder if he tests well. Undrafted if he does not test well.

Some of you never learn. You love to prop our players so much and then reality sets in. Bandy's a decent corner, more of a nickel guy than a boundary corner. Plays the short/intermediate pass well, but can and does occasionally get torched deep. He's 5'8 or 9, so tall receivers can catch over him. He's a willing tackler, and plays well near the LOS. 4-5 rounder if he tests well. Undrafted if he does not test well.
he got beat like 2 times deep, how does that equate to getting torched. And when he did get beat it was huge difference in size.

Advertisement
Back