Bandy and Harley

The deciding factor was Golden and his buttbuddy D'O deciding that they would change the defense from what has worked for decades with the athletes in SFLA. Having no your secondary 15yds off the ball against GaTech on 1st down multiple times is the epitome of their defensive strategy.

Advertisement
Coker is low key one of the worst head coaches in the history of CFB.

He took over a roster with the most talent in the entire history of the sport and only managed 1 title before running the thing completely into the ground within 5 years.

Is Bandy quicker than fast? If so his speed will improve covering 4.3 Thomas and Harley everyday .

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

I love Bandy's HS film, kid just looks like a baller. I'd be shocked if he doesn't see significant PT this year

Folden actually told Bandy & his Father to their face that he needed to grow an inch before they would offer him.

The kid who grew up on the same street as Sean Taylor's Grandma & was a close family friend, couldn't get an offer from that staff.

The worst Coach in School history Smfh.

Not sure about that last sentence....Coker almost found a way to lose a game with the greatest college football team of all time and Randy Shannon called a timeout in the middle of a two minute drill AFTER AN INCOMPLETION,

Incompetence has run wild through this program for the last 10 plus years. Let's just be thankful those eras are over.
Nah it's Folden by a mile...

Maryland, KState, Virginia, BC, getting the **** beat out of us against Bridgewater in the Russell, CLEMSON, the countless number of recruiting misses, the list goes on & on.

He the reason our OL is so ****ed up now & the Defense... Smh don't even get me started on what he did to our prestigious history of great Defenses.

The reason we still have so much difficulty in recruiting to this day is because of that ****** used vacuum cleaner salesman & his ****** staff.

By far the worst ever. Shannon had no business being a HC, was terrible for us & has even worse become traitor, but Folden should've never been allowed to ever step foot in the state of Florida, let alone actually Coach this great program.

Your last sentence easily applies to Coker and Shannon as well.

There is no more true indication of the kind of coach you are, than what jobs you get AFTER you leave.

Coker - a startup program
Shannon - forget head coaching, his career path went straight back to being a coordinator.
Golden - A TE coach in the NFL

There's a pattern there...don't need to look too far to see it. None of the 3 will ever be a head coach for a major program anytime soon. Golden was a flaming piece of ****...but I seriously think many of you have contracted selective amnesia into how big a flaming piece of **** each of his predecessors were as well.

Very much with Jedi on this. You could make stunning arguments for each of the three stooges being the WOAT. Right now I think it's Shannon by a hair, but later this season, when I see Skai Moore take off somebody's head, I'll be thinking Golden.

Regardless, thank the Lawd for Richt da gawd.

P.S. These two undersized South Florida savages are going to show out sooner rather than later. I'm holding back on my expectations for Harley given decent depth and Thomas the Train, but Bandy gon' eat and soon.
Gotta disagree. Coker and Shannon would have went undefeated (Coker actually did). As ****** as they were they would not have changed what was working, golden on the other hand would have implemented his bend don't break defense. Would have easily cost us a game. Throw in his penchant to take his foot off the pedal when leading and that would have cost us another game. I can see 2 losses under an al golden led team.

There can be disagreements as to who the worst coach was, what I believe we can all agree on is that golden was the biggest ***** to ever coach this program.

Advertisement
2 Guys Al Folden would've never offered..
Folden actually told Bandy & his Father to their face that he needed to grow an inch before they would offer him.

The kid who grew up on the same street as Sean Taylor's Grandma & was a close family friend, couldn't get an offer from that staff.

The worst Coach in School history Smfh.

Not sure about that last sentence....Coker almost found a way to lose a game with the greatest college football team of all time and Randy Shannon called a timeout in the middle of a two minute drill AFTER AN INCOMPLETION,

Incompetence has run wild through this program for the last 10 plus years. Let's just be thankful those eras are over.

Al Golden is easily the worst coach in UM history. He had some historic level record breaking loss multiple times every year

Disagree. All 3 of those ******** previously mentioned happen to be 1A, 1B, and 1C on the list of worst coaches in the history of college football. Just our luck that the idiots running our program hired all 3 in a row.
shalala13-0219.JPG

Al Golden is easily the worst coach in UM history. He had some historic level record breaking loss multiple times every year

Disagree. All 3 of those ******** previously mentioned happen to be 1A, 1B, and 1C on the list of worst coaches in the history of college football. Just our luck that the idiots running our program hired all 3 in a row.

Comparing turds with these clowns who was the worst. The idiot liberal Shalala was the one pushing for these clowns when none of them were above a community college level coach. Went from the best college football team of all time to a **** show losing to crappy teams that we used to mop the field up with. So embarrassing.

Yes, let's agree on the fact that the bit>h was the worst President EVER( despite many - she even made Foote look good). Only at The U is it impossible to name the Greatest Player Ever(too many) AND the Worst Coach Ever(too many). The great thing is we are only a decent coach away from return to glory at all times.

I think we can all agree on that first sentence. As a matter of fact I'd extend the statement to include everyone on the board of trustees during the time in question.

To hire THREE STRAIGHT STAFFS that were THAT BAD is just an indictment on both DS and the BOT. After all these years I still can't pinpoint if it was more just plain stupidity or apathy towards football in general. My gut says it was the dangerous intersection of both those things. Clueless ****faces who didn't care...empires are destroyed in such ways.

Regardless, enough with the stupid Golden vs Shannon vs Coker comparisons. The more I read this board the more it becomes apparent to me that there is an influx of younger posters who weren't around or didn't care much about Hurricane football going back as far as 2002-2003. Many of us lived and died through every snap of those times but to someone who just caught the tail end of the fiasco and proclaims "Al Golden was the worst"...it's pretty asinine.

Comparing those three is like comparing a jug of milk that is 87 days past expiration vs a stack of cheese left 8 days in the sun vs a pile of elephant ****. All three smell like **** and are EQUALLY useless. The fact that Golden was the most recent doesn't change the atrocities those other 2 clowns did to this program. I forgive none of them and hold all of them equally liable for the past decade plus.

He took over a roster with the most talent in the entire history of the sport and only managed 1 title before running the thing completely into the ground within 5 years.

This.

That's what this younger generation of fans don't take into account, the relative nature of what Coker did.

Golden was dog**** but he also stepped in for dog****. Coker inherited THE GREATEST TEAM OF ALL TIME and almost ****ed it up in 2001, and did **** it up in 2002...and his ****-itude continued until the day he was fired. By then the damage was done and our downward spiral was a freefall.

Anyone saying Golden was "The" worst needs to get a grip on reality and put some context to that statement. Coker, relatively speaking, was one of the worst coaches in the history of organized American sports, at any level.

Go back and look at his talent evals and recruiting classes and you'll see what I'm talking about. That man along with the Hobbit destroyed what we had become.

Advertisement
Good lord, you people just love misery. You've taken a thread about two young players having a good first day of practice and turned it into a thread about which of our terrible coaches was worst. It's like Canes fans are lacking the part of the brain that allows people to be happy.

the two that followed him were much worse.

Harley is fast.

Question.

Is it true that when he goes long - and gets to the end zone - it takes a second or two for the number on the back of his jersey to catch up?

Comparing turds with these clowns who was the worst. The idiot liberal Shalala was the one pushing for these clowns when none of them were above a community college level coach. Went from the best college football team of all time to a **** show losing to crappy teams that we used to mop the field up with. So embarrassing.

Yes, let's agree on the fact that the bit>h was the worst President EVER( despite many - she even made Foote look good). Only at The U is it impossible to name the Greatest Player Ever(too many) AND the Worst Coach Ever(too many). The great thing is we are only a decent coach away from return to glory at all times.

I think we can all agree on that first sentence. As a matter of fact I'd extend the statement to include everyone on the board of trustees during the time in question.

To hire THREE STRAIGHT STAFFS that were THAT BAD is just an indictment on both DS and the BOT. After all these years I still can't pinpoint if it was more just plain stupidity or apathy towards football in general. My gut says it was the dangerous intersection of both those things. Clueless ****faces who didn't care...empires are destroyed in such ways.

Regardless, enough with the stupid Golden vs Shannon vs Coker comparisons. The more I read this board the more it becomes apparent to me that there is an influx of younger posters who weren't around or didn't care much about Hurricane football going back as far as 2002-2003. Many of us lived and died through every snap of those times but to someone who just caught the tail end of the fiasco and proclaims "Al Golden was the worst"...it's pretty asinine.

Comparing those three is like comparing a jug of milk that is 87 days past expiration vs a stack of cheese left 8 days in the sun vs a pile of elephant ****. All three smell like **** and are EQUALLY useless. The fact that Golden was the most recent doesn't change the atrocities those other 2 clowns did to this program. I forgive none of them and hold all of them equally liable for the past decade plus.

All true. One thing, it was intentional not anything else. She wanted the program damaged. It was a symbol of players doing something despite the institution not because of it and that was a evil concept to people like her. Remember, FAMILY was replaced by VILLAGE in her world.

Advertisement

then failed miserably at north texas

how he even became an offensive coordinator here is traumatizing

Advertisement

This.

That's what this younger generation of fans don't take into account, the relative nature of what Coker did.

Golden was dog**** but he also stepped in for dog****. Coker inherited THE GREATEST TEAM OF ALL TIME and almost ****ed it up in 2001, and did **** it up in 2002...and his ****-itude continued until the day he was fired. By then the damage was done and our downward spiral was a freefall.

Anyone saying Golden was "The" worst needs to get a grip on reality and put some context to that statement. Coker, relatively speaking, was one of the worst coaches in the history of organized American sports, at any level.

Go back and look at his talent evals and recruiting classes and you'll see what I'm talking about. That man along with the Hobbit destroyed what we had become.

Not trying to derail the thread, but I am 100% with Jedi on this one.

Coker took all the momentum we had and crushed it by awful recruiting and letting the nuts run the nuthouse.

Shannon was the worst in-game coach I've ever seen. Any 15 year old kid that ever played Madden could time-manage better than he did.

We had a few good position coaches over the years (I'd love to get Barrow back at some point), but generally speaking our staffs were garbage. AG (who was god awful) is just the most recent in a 15 year slide.

Fat fūckin Al would have never signed Bandy because he didn't meet the ideal height for a DB.

What a blessing not to have that fat Jersey fūck around anymore.

Shannon wouldn't have either.

Amazing

Neither would have Coker. There is no way Bandy would have been rated high enough in his little magazine to warrant an offer.
Jedi

The amount of ****ery.....

When we win Ima shed an indian tear.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

then failed miserably at north texas

how he even became an offensive coordinator here is traumatizing

He never coached at North Texas, it was UTSA and he didn't fail miserably there...he had them bowl eligible in their first two years of FBS play (where they were still in the probationary period and couldn't actually play in bowl games).

All stunk, but I'd rather drink the 87 day old expired milk. At least I could lie to myself and say it was cottage cheese.

Advertisement
Back