Banda to Utah St?

I don't like everything he does, but the offensive side of the ball has done well so far.
That’s not his side of the ball, the Defensive staff was assembled by Diaz being that he’s a Defensive guy.

I just find it funny yall are so sure he’s just gonna load up on all these really good Defensive coaches, because there’s absolutely no evidence that Diaz is apt to do so. His first time to hire a DC he brought in Baker yall are sure he’s gonna replace Banda with a big time coach, like yall are really sure??

Advertisement
They both are ****** recruiters.

Battle
Jobe
Sherwood
Shawn Davis
Stevenson
Francois
Brian Edwards
Brini
***an

Just to name a few.

He not the ace recruiter yall make him out to be. He won't be missed. He gets washed head to head almost every time.
It's ridiculous to judge a recruiter by who they missed on - by your logic he'd be a better recruiter if he'd tried less hard, because he would have missed less often. Why not look at who he actually recruited? How does that compare to you, Mike? No credit to him for James Williams, A. Williiams, Kinchens, Balom, Harrell? What about the other guys he's helped with from a locality perspective?

Haven't seen anyone label him an ace, but he is our best...and the top 2 safeties that he has pulled in each of the last 2 classes were rated higher than any of those guys you listed.
Doesnt matter if they are huge rated than those guys listed. Those were his top targets in those cycles and he got abused.

He is currently rated as the 62nd best recruiter in the nation. Saying he's our best recruiter is like saying he's the tallest midget.

I am happy for what he pulled in with Janes Williams and Avantae.

But he is not anyone worth losing sleep over if he leaves and honestly, he ain't that good of a Safety coach either.

He can kick rocks.

Advertisement
That’s not his side of the ball, the Defensive staff was assembled by Diaz being that he’s a Defensive guy.

I just find it funny yall are so sure he’s just gonna load up on all these really good Defensive coaches, because there’s absolutely no evidence that Diaz is apt to do so. His first time to hire a DC he brought in Baker yall are sure he’s gonna replace Banda with a big time coach, like yall are really sure??
I'm skeptical ... but it sure will be revealing! If Manny tries to stooge up the D again, he's going to fail and fail bad as a head corch. He needs to get his D run right that that means a DC who can run a D, and all that goes with that.

Advertisement

facts the defense is his baby he wont let it go, he will be gone because of it

Advertisement
It's ridiculous to judge a recruiter by who they missed on - by your logic he'd be a better recruiter if he'd tried less hard, because he would have missed less often. Why not look at who he actually recruited? How does that compare to you, Mike? No credit to him for James Williams, A. Williiams, Kinchens, Balom, Harrell? What about the other guys he's helped with from a locality perspective?
It isn't at all ridiculous to judge him based on who he missed when those were the top prizes we were after and the tyoes of battles a recruiter needs to win?

His gets were significantly less than what he was after each cycle for the majority of his time here.

Has a player he recruited ever been drafted even ?

And whats w this Mike, ****? I said in my first post the entire defense has to go. It ain't an either or thing. They both are ***.

If this is true, it's actually a smart move on Banda's part. Typically, to move up you have to be willing to move on. Patke should be thinking the same thing. He needs to build his resume up. Manny should actually encourage Patke to get more experience in different programs and different systems.

@Liberty City El no I don't have faith that Manny will hire better defensive coaches, but, at this point, that's all the hope we have. He needs to replace Baker and allow the new DC to assemble his staff. The young man who calls the defense for Cincinnati is intriguing, but I admittedly don't know much about him. Are there any experienced DCs we might be able to woo to Miami? Who would you like to see calling our D who is a real possibility?

Be careful what you wish for...

Banda is the best recruiter we have on Defense, yall are putting your faith in Mauelito to replace him with a better recruiter something he simply hasn’t shown he’s capable of doing on the Defensive side of the ball.

Everybody loves to shît on Banda, but if he leaves just wait until December of 2021 & everybody is pulling their hair out because we missed on every top Safety we went after...

But this is what yall want, so don’t cry when shît gets Arctic cold out there, Banda goes & we’ll be left with Rumph, good luck with that shît lol.

He's the one defensive coach I'd keep on staff, but I'd move him to Special Teams and kick Patke to the curb (or to a non-coaching job). As you said, Banda is the best recruiter on the staff. That's going to be hard to replace (though if Miami hires T-Rob it lessens the sting).

As for your question as to whether I think iaz will make a good hire for DC? I think so. He made hiring mistakes on both sides of the ball as a first year coach. He's corrected half of those mistakes already. He seems like a bright guy who got his dream job and will do what it takes to fix it the other side of the ball. Sometimes the wheels have to fall off before someone realizes that things can't be fixed with minor tweaks. Wheels are off now.

Last edited:
Advertisement
It isn't at all ridiculous to judge him based on who he missed when those were the top prizes we were after and the tyoes of battles a recruiter needs to win?

His gets were significantly less than what he was after each cycle for the majority of his time here.

Has a player he recruited ever been drafted even ?

And whats w this Mike, ****? I said in my first post the entire defense has to go. It ain't an either or thing. They both are ***.
Okay, if you're not mike, you're either a troll or a fool. Banda may not be perfect, but he's easily been our best defesnive recruiter the past several years.

Banda is the best recruiter we have on Defense, yall are putting your faith in Mauelito to replace him with a better recruiter something he simply hasn’t shown he’s capable of doing on the Defensive side of the ball.

Everybody loves to shît on Banda, but if he leaves just wait until December of 2021 & everybody is pulling their hair out because we missed on every top Safety we went after...

But this is what yall want, so don’t cry when shît gets Arctic cold out there, Banda goes & we’ll be left with Rumph, good luck with that shît lol.
Come on banda is not a good coach.. he gets paid like a dc and coaches like a high school coach...he does ok in recruiting but has missed on plenty of targets that he though he was landing.. if Banda leaves that is great... manure needs to find professional coaches like a likens to put on his staff to lead...

I see it this way, fam --

Id be willing to roll the dice, however unlikely which I acknowledge, on Manny making a decent hire than keeping ANY of these guys we currently have (I actually like Stroud for the record).

We all know Manny loves his Yes men and doesn't want to be challenged, but what good is a 5 star recruit like Williams if he's just going to be coached like dog sheet and in a bull**** scheme where he takes bad angles and is constantly getting targeting penalties?

I hear what you're saying and odds are it's correct, but I'd be willing to gamble that Manny knows he needs to go big on the defense. Might lose that gamble. But I'd take it. I mean he hired Fran Brown once, so he's not that totally lost. Maybe we get lucky.

Advertisement
Back