Banda-Patke co-dc, Simpson associate head coach

I'm crushed. Fcking crushed.

I wasn't sold on the idea that we'd hire a great DC, but wha? Richt didn't even try. I don't know what to say. I know I keep talking, but I'm speechless. Richt didn't even try. I'm not one for those stupid theories about how Rich doesn't care, but I just can't figure this out anymore. He made mistakes during the season, but I could see what he was thinking. This? He truly thinks that, unlike every other program in the country, he's already go everything he needs. Even saban hires new people, and that dude's got everything. And now we've got the second HC in a row who is absolutely positive there's not a single thing that needs fixing. Nothing at all can be improved with new blood.

I just can't even anymore.
I'd like to think they are saving space and money for a top notch OC but I think that's a pipe dream too at this point.

Advertisement
For the usual suspects continually defending everything Richt does and doesn't do, which includes:

- Ranking 93rd in total offense
- Three four-game losing streaks in 3 seasons
- No apparent pursuit of a new OC to install a brand new modern offense
- Reinserting Rosier into the lineup at UVA and sticking with him through early November
- #Purge19
- Richt's son and Searles still being employed
- Relentless decommitments for this year's and next year's class in the wake of our embarrassing five-loss season in Year 3 of Richt's tenure

It seems the recurring theme from these usual suspects is to point out that this keeps a 10th staff slot open for Richt to possibly hire an OC.

But our season ended the same day as USC, a program that proactively pounced on the hottest option available by hiring Kingsbury over a week ago. Our season ended the same day as Auburn, which already hired Dillingham from Memphis. Our season also ended the same day as FSU, yet there's tons of smoke that they're on the verge of landing Kendall Briles.

The bottom line is that Richt filled this DC vacancy in 48 hours. Yet here we stand offensively, nearly a month after our season ended, with no changes in sight to our offensive staff as we're flipping two-star recruits from f***ing Appalachian State and scaring away our top remaining targets by inexplicably maintaining the status quo.

The opportunity to hand over the keys to the offense to an inspiring candidate has already come and gone. Richt bunkered down to keep control of his archaic offense, continue calling plays, and keep his son on the staff. He's not hiring anyone who will challenge him or stress urgency for much-needed modernized change. He'll hire a powerless "yes man" and keep doing things his way to the undeniable detriment of the program we all love.

This is a UM chess move. Bring Mannyback as HC in 2 years with his hand picked D staff already in place.
Manny figures out what he needs offensively at Temple and returns with a NC formula.
And let’s not forget how much money this saves.

Advertisement
I attended the U and my son is a UCF alum. Think I will just concentrate on UCF next year so I can keep my blood pressure under control. I really find it difficult to understand the current move, plus I do not like nepotism nor the fact that Richt feels he is capable of being HC & run the offense. I am not a big money booster, but plan to save my few bucks and put it toward something else. I will always hope the Canes do well but find it difficult to support the way the program is going.

My initial reaction was massive anger but now that I’ve thought about it it’s not the absolute worst thing in the world.

I still would’ve preferred to bring in someone but it’s basically going to be the same exact system with the only difference being the playcaller.

And the real big thing is it opens up a coaching spot.

If that spot is used for the offensive side, this is fine with me.

If not, it’s a bad move.

Advertisement
This is a UM chess move. Bring Mannyback as HC in 2 years with his hand picked D staff already in place.
Manny figures out what he needs offensively at Temple and returns with a NC formula.
And let’s not forget how much money this saves.

There's literally no way you could possibly believe that. I don't care what kind of head trauma you've suffered, you just can't.

My initial reaction was massive anger but now that I’ve thought about it it’s not the absolute worst thing in the world.

I still would’ve preferred to bring in someone but it’s basically going to be the same exact system with the only difference being the playcaller.

And the real big thing is it opens up a coaching spot.

If that spot is used for the offensive side, this is fine with me.

If not, it’s a bad move.

But he's not going to do that, and you know it. Whoever fills that spot, there's a 0% chance you'll be impressed by them.

I'm crushed. Fcking crushed.

I wasn't sold on the idea that we'd hire a great DC, but wha? Richt didn't even try. I don't know what to say. I know I keep talking, but I'm speechless. Richt didn't even try. I'm not one for those stupid theories about how Rich doesn't care, but I just can't figure this out anymore. He made mistakes during the season, but I could see what he was thinking. This? He truly thinks that, unlike every other program in the country, he's already go everything he needs. Even saban hires new people, and that dude's got everything. And now we've got the second HC in a row who is absolutely positive there's not a single thing that needs fixing. Nothing at all can be improved with new blood.

I just can't even anymore.

Here is the thing, Richt is who he was. A loser. A failure. A guy who had ample time (15 years) to get it done and couldn’t. So UGA said, it is time to move on.

The difference is at Miami, there is no accountability. We prefer apathy and self-inflicted cancer. Here, Richt is free to do as he pleases, hire his unqualified sperm and employ who he wants.

The sad part is that he might not care about winning and may just be content with cashing checks, keeping his family employed and everything else in Richtirement.

Richt could have brought in a DC to replace Diaz. He could have brought in a real OC after it was obvious (after his first season here). But he didn’t and our decision makers don’t care.

You shouldn’t be crushed at this point, you should be numb. This has been how our school has done things for ~15 years and nothing likely changes until the process changes.

Is this you @dsddcane ???
Fvck no. DJ trippin. I see his point but that takes out of the equation the fact that banda is clueless when it comes to coaching and ANYTHING on the field. Patke is basically a less imaginative Larry Coker. Suppose that's why hes co. Patke knows his **** & bands may salvage the recruiting class. But hey let's celebrate the impact of this latest kid we flipped from app state some more. Fvck this class if we gotta try to salvage that. Richt patke and banda can all kick rocks. Pretty obvious now what his answer is to the board about an oc. He wants to keep total control. No other way to spin this... golden 2.0

Advertisement
Its not a bad move but I don't like it. Plus I got a feeling Richt is going to hire a no name ST coach that can't recruit when everyone wants legit OC

Advertisement
I'm ok with Banda being a coDC but Patke?! No

Exactly if you think Banda is the right guy as DC yet you want to have coDC why not make Simpson the coDC?? Simpson is a successful veteran HC with tons of connections in the 2nd biggest state we recruit. You could’ve made Patke the LB coach.

Advertisement
Back