Banda-Patke co-dc, Simpson associate head coach

So many stupid takes in this thread (primarily by brock) that I don't know where to begin. Let's see:

"Same defense for continuity purposes"
-So ******* what. Just because they know the system, doesn't mean they know how to run it like Diaz. You have to have a feel for what the offense is going to do. You need to be able to make the right call at the right time, and that only comes from experience.

"Both are better recruiters than Diaz"
-We've literally lost our top rated DB targets every year that this staff has been in Coral Gables. How good are they really when we're still not landing our top guys. Not to mention that Patke hasn't landed anybody yet. The two OLBs in this class (Brooks & Solomon) have de-committed and about to de-commit.

"Recruits this year like the hire"
-How short-sighted of some of you. You don't make this hire for one recruiting class. So fvck the long term huh? We made the short term hire in 2001 by promoting Coker. That worked for one year and then when Butch's finger prints started fading away everything went to sh't. Imagine how this program would've kept rolling had we brought in a competent coach like Barry Alvarez instead.

"This just means we have an extra coaching position and money to hire a big time OC"
-What in the **** has Richt said recently to make any of you fools think he's hiring an OC? Literally nothing he's done, said, or reports have been leaked that have mentioned anything about considering or contacting potential OCs. Nothing.

Miami isn't a place you can learn on the job. There are actual championship expectations here. Banda may be a good safeties coach. Patke may be a good OLBs coach. Who knows WTF they can do at DC. Any of you ever heard of the Peter Principle?

This has nothing to do with your take on things overall but I really need to get this off my chest....

Here's the thing, it has been said over and over again on this board and by many many posters that Miami is a mediocre program that should accept that we are never going to be relevant again. Then people like you come on and say "Miami isn't a place for coordinators to cut their teeth. We are a program that deserves better."

You can't have it both ways. Are we a relevant program or are we not?

Advertisement
Real talk...if you're putting lipstick on this pig, you're clueless. Ban yourself.

Complete nonsense being spewed by many people right now. Log off. This is at best, short sighted nonsense used as an effort to attempt to retain any decent recruit we are still after - recruits with no guarantee to sign here. It's lazy and apathetic at worst.

Richt can't hit the bricks fast enough. This is embarrassing.

This has nothing to do with your take on things overall but I really need to get this off my chest....

Here's the thing, it has been said over and over again on this board and by many many posters that Miami is a mediocre program that should accept that we are never going to be relevant again. Then people like you come on and say "Miami isn't a place for coordinators to cut their teeth. We are a program that deserves better."

Are we a relevant program? No, we are not.

Should we just except that? No, we should not.

Advertisement

Now we're getting somewhere.

This program needs to switch places with UCF.

Lmfaoo I’m here for the comments. I told you guys this is a posibility. They don’t wanna change Diaz defense. I agree I’m just worried about the play calling aspect of it. But we have room for 1 staff member ;)

Don’t get too excited, Richt has another son.....

Advertisement
I'm crushed. Fcking crushed.

I wasn't sold on the idea that we'd hire a great DC, but wha? Richt didn't even try. I don't know what to say. I know I keep talking, but I'm speechless. Richt didn't even try. I'm not one for those stupid theories about how Rich doesn't care, but I just can't figure this out anymore. He made mistakes during the season, but I could see what he was thinking. This? He truly thinks that, unlike every other program in the country, he's already go everything he needs. Even saban hires new people, and that dude's got everything. And now we've got the second HC in a row who is absolutely positive there's not a single thing that needs fixing. Nothing at all can be improved with new blood.

I just can't even anymore.

Exaclty. Why change a defense that’s working? No One knows how to run this defense better than Diaz’s 2 specials except Manny Diaz himself.

When you call them “Diaz’s 2 specials” are you trying to be politically correct???

Advertisement

Miami is mediocre because we hire ****** coaches and refuse to pay our proven coaches big time salaries. That's why a guy like Kool, Cristobal or Pannunzio leave for Bama. We can, however, counteract that by hiring, young, hungry innovative coaches from group of 5 schools. Lets not act like we can't outbid Utah State for an OC or San Diego State for their DC.

Advertisement
Miami is mediocre because we hire ****** coaches and refuse to pay our proven coaches big time salaries. That's why a guy like Kool, Cristobal or Pannunzio leave for Bama. We can, however, counteract that by hiring, young, hungry innovative coaches from group of 5 schools. Lets not act like we can't outbid Utah State for an OC or San Diego State for their DC.

It's not at all about money, it's just a choice we keep making. Miami was willing to pay Diaz, which means they had the money to pay somebody else. But Richt doesn't want somebody he doesn't know and BJ won't force him.

Advertisement
Back