Banda-Patke co-dc, Simpson associate head coach

The ****? Diaz ran the scheme and Willis was an unknown (not talent wise) so yes there were questions but Willis was already confirmed back and so we're the elite DEs who were already coached by one of the best. I do believe Simpson did well but I also believe any decent coach would be able to emplement Diaz's scheme with those horses and succeeded
So now you have me completely confused because you are actually preaching to the choir! I totally agree!

Advertisement
Excuse me ? That’s absolutely outrageous.

Do you not remember the general opinion of Rayshawn Jenkins and Jamal Carter before the arrival of Banda.
That wasn't them that was the bum noD scheme. Come on man

Up for db coach of the year and gave up the least amount of passing yards per game in the country.

Just because you say it ain’t elite don’t mean they aren’t. You probably should look around, if Miami dbs ain’t play at an elite level than who’s did?

View attachment 71618

Lol. Numbers dont tell the full story. For example, look at who Michigan played and compare that to who we played.

Probably should have hold off of the "elite" title until after next season. Our LB play was stagnant for the most part, no one made an impact at S besides Jaquan, and we already had beasts at DT and DE so Simpson's job wasnt the toughest.

Redwine didn't make an impact in games? Carter when he played backing up Johnson? and LB did just fine and at times made some nice stops when needed.

Some of you guys just love ro rewrite history to suit your narrative...

Advertisement
Lol. Numbers dont tell the full story. For example, look at who Michigan played and compare that to who we played.
Who did they play Indiana, northwestern, Michigan state, penn state? Elite offenses lol
They played 2 great offenses, shut down purdue and got obliterated by Ohio state

Patke has been under Coach Diaz's tutelage since they were together at Mississippi State. Amazing that a freshman QB can start at Alabama & Clemson, but an 5 year understudy of coach Diaz can't be a legit Co-OC.

I get it, but do you want the well liked 2nd or 3rd year resident performing open heart surgery on you? Or the chief of surgery surgeon with a proven track record, who's seen it all and can adapt of the fly with his experience?

Listen, these guys could definitely work out, but they are high risk, high reward. Last year this team was a mess. The only positive was the D. With all the questions around the offense, it's a risk to have 2 guys take over the D who have never done that before in their lives....especially when they have very little position coaching experience to begin with. If we struggle with in-game coaching on both sides of the ball.....oh boy i can't even imagine.

I do like Banda. The things you see and hear about him are positive. That said, if this was a move to get recruits, time will tell if it was worth it. Hopefully it is. Otherwise the risk only increases.

Advertisement
So many stupid takes in this thread (primarily by brock) that I don't know where to begin. Let's see:

"Same defense for continuity purposes"
-So ******* what. Just because they know the system, doesn't mean they know how to run it like Diaz. You have to have a feel for what the offense is going to do. You need to be able to make the right call at the right time, and that only comes from experience.

"Both are better recruiters than Diaz"
-We've literally lost our top rated DB targets every year that this staff has been in Coral Gables. How good are they really when we're still not landing our top guys. Not to mention that Patke hasn't landed anybody yet. The two OLBs in this class (Brooks & Solomon) have de-committed and about to de-commit.

"Recruits this year like the hire"
-How short-sighted of some of you. You don't make this hire for one recruiting class. So fvck the long term huh? We made the short term hire in 2001 by promoting Coker. That worked for one year and then when Butch's finger prints started fading away everything went to sh't. Imagine how this program would've kept rolling had we brought in a competent coach like Barry Alvarez instead.

"This just means we have an extra coaching position and money to hire a big time OC"
-What in the **** has Richt said recently to make any of you fools think he's hiring an OC? Literally nothing he's done, said, or reports have been leaked that have mentioned anything about considering or contacting potential OCs. Nothing.

Miami isn't a place you can learn on the job. There are actual championship expectations here. Banda may be a good safeties coach. Patke may be a good OLBs coach. Who knows WTF they can do at DC. Any of you ever heard of the Peter Principle?

That wasn't them that was the bum noD scheme. Come on man
I agree, but that still doesn’t change what the collective opinion of the two were. Slow, poor angles, bad tacklers and non-playmakers were commonly associated with them.

Who’s going to fill the open coach spot is the biggest question. If it’s some random nobody than fly the banners. If it’s a legit OC then let’s see how this plays out. Richt has proven thus far he eventually does what the fans want...it just takes him forever to figure it out.

Advertisement
I agree, but that still doesn’t change what the collective opinion of the two were. Slow, poor angles, bad tacklers and non-playmakers were commonly associated with them.
This is true, but I think any decent DB coach would have had them playing the way they did that final year. You're right though everyone Banda has coached minus Knowles will play in the league so far. So 4/5

I just can't believe Mork is willing to experiment on two completely green and unproven coaches to properly scheme for opponents and make in game adjustemnts in the brightest of lights on the fly when it's the defense that's bailed him out every year he's been here.

LMAO right now at the thought of Banda vs Mullen.

Mork straight up doesn't give a fvck about his job or is a a ******* ******. Dunno which one is worse.

It's not mullen vs Banda, It's coaching staff and players vs each other. I trust the experience of Richt and Simpson and knowledge of what our kids can do according to Banda/Patke to put us in a position to win games.

My god you guys are so quick to overreact before a single down is played.

Advertisement
Redwine didn't make an impact in games? Carter when he played backing up Johnson? and LB did just fine and at times made some nice stops when needed.

Some of you guys just love ro rewrite history to suit your narrative...
We're talking about two different things. Brock is basically saying that those units have been elite while I'm disagreeing saying that they've been decent at best.

It's not mullen vs Banda, It's coaching staff and players vs each other. I trust the experience of Richt and Simpson and knowledge of what our kids can do according to Banda/Patke to put us in a position to win games.

My god you guys are so quick to overreact before a single down is played.
I'm going to do the board a favor and find out where you live and blow out the transformers to your neighborhood you ******* fool

Patke has been a ******* coach for one ******* year, and he is now Co-DC before his first yr EVER is even up. Un****ingbelievable

They didn’t even interviewed one ******* candidate!
If this is what you end up with after conducting a full search and striking out on all your targets that’s one thing....but for this to be your FIRST choice is unexceptionable.
Anyone trying to spin this as anything else is simply Richt’s bottom *****!

Advertisement
Back