Banda-Patke co-dc, Simpson associate head coach

Advertisement
Banda and Patke are smart and are students of the game. They are the modern day rising star coach. Guys who are young, hungry, and analytical.
Just because you’ve sat at the table doesn’t mean you can run the show, they’re unproven, and creating and changing a scheme weekly, calling plays and making in game adjustments is something you don’t learn to do in power 5 college football

So I’m all good with promoting from within but does that mean we can add another coach then? Like a special teams coach or help out CMR or Banda?

Advertisement
An under-appreciated part of that announcement is that Simpson got his promotion which demonstrates how impressive he has been. Kul was great but it was clear he wasn't a great recruiter and didn't resonate with kids from SoFlo. Plus, we can dream that there is an open spot for an OC now

Thats kind of a problem though. There's a couple who NEED to go.
I still don't know about Searles. He could look like an entirely different coach in a spread system. Also jon richt might get groomed up if we get a big time OC thats a qb coach as well. Our future depends on this next hire

Advertisement
5E689128-6189-4F50-AFFC-76D923E1249F.gif

I'm ok with this depending on who fills the open coaching spot. Looks like there could be some money to attract a solid position coach, who is a great recruiter, but not ready to be a coordinator.

doubtful, Richt is just not that creative or inspired, lousy AD Blake just happy to be here

At the end of the day, I gotta think that people act logically... People don't do irrational things, especially when their job is potentially on the line.

There are 2 logical reasons for this hire (that are not mutually exclusive):
1) Richt is setting aside budget and staff room for an OC hire
2) Richt truly believes that Patke and Banda are objectively good DC hires, or at least steals at the price

I'm okay with the hires if 1 and/or 2 are true...

Advertisement
No it’s not. The best thing about recruiting is having continuity and connections for a long period of time. This will diminish the hit on this class but mostly next class. Also Banda has developed 2 Nfl safeties and has recruited 2 very good successors. Plus he has also carried Rumph’s slack for many targets.
That has absolutely nothing to do with being a DC at any program, much less Miami. Stop white knighting for this Schictshow

I pray this was what Richt planned. He can get the OC without having to fire anyone at all. DONT F THIS UP
I really hope Richt make the right moves for this program! Maybe Diaz leaving was a wakeup call for him!! Seeing recruits jumping ship could be very scary especially when you invested so much capital, time and effort trying to seal the deal!! lets only hope that's the case!

Advertisement
They run the same defense as Diaz and are better recruiters. What’s the problem guys?

They have less experience than most MAC, Sun Belt and Mountain West staffs. And just because they worked with Manny for a few years doesn't mean they are Manny. I could sit with Warren Buffet for 2 years and learn to invest, but until i prove it myself there's little chance people will hand me millions to "test me out".

Advertisement
Back