Bama's Strength Coach

I couldn't give a s**t if Swasey stays or goes, but it doesn't seem like rocket science. Read a book or two and then be an obnoxious *******, what's so hard about that? Other than knowing how to roid the kids up and not get caught, I'm guessing lots of people can do this job. What does the guy making $1 million know that another guy doesn't?
Program needs to be customized to individual needs & weaknesses , minor injuries, rehab, etc. Rehabing & strength building in water can fix an injury and build stamina faster & better. If there's one thing Miami has plenty of it's pools. Put a few of those resistance pools in and we'll start breaking more tackles and pushing more people off both lines and lmprove balance. It's not just the burst of strength it's also the continuity.

Advertisement
seriously don't know where bama gets the money to pay for all these things. for those of you who haven't been on campus, wow is all i got to say. huge marble and red brick buildings. the greek houses are mansions. they seriously have pablo escobar money. and the strange thing is that bama is around 60 billion dollars in debt as a state.

Whatever happened to the deer antler stuff? I thought that was Bama's recovery program? Was that Internet fokelore? ********! On the Swasey front, wasn't he Moffitt's understudy? Curious if anyone knows what players trained under both have to say about their approaches. Granted they may have changed philosophies since.

Go Canes!

Swasey did not learn under Moffit. He assisted Moffit for half a year during the transition.

Thanks man. Good to know. Swasey should be on notice. Maybe we need a S&C that isn't so popular amongst players. Dread and respect seems like an effective fit. Maybe Swasey is too progressive? I doubt guys were fired up to go hit the sand pit with Moffitt screaming at them.

Go Canes!

Go Canes!

Swasey is just one of those guys to get lucky. He was hired as UM started to rot. Perfect situation really. The head coaches have been so bad that most people overlook the S&C aspect. The players coming back to workout is another story in its self. It's actually a good thing that now people realize how much a liability he is.

For the last decade the same things keep happening:

- we run out of gas towards the last 1/4 of the season.
- players are noticeably not a fit as other top 25 teams
- players are always gassed during games
- OL and DL have been pushed around in every game for the past 10 years

Before we all found out that Golden was a compete dud, we all said his first mistake was keeping Swasey. Let's see if Mark Richt doesn't make the same mistake.

Agree 100%. It's time to turn the page and go with a new approach. Could be good for everyone involved. By that I mean the team/Swasey and of course the fans, especially those committed souls in the WEZ.

Go Canes!

What ever happened to Mike Barwis? He was all the rage in strength and conditioning like 5 yrs ago at Michigan. Vaguely remembered him getting in trouble over excess practice time allegations.

Feature him on 60 Minutes Sports screaming like a mental patient, and he'll soar back to the top of the hype S&C rankings.

Did they actually do a segment on him? Red flags if so as the real 60 Minutes did an entire feature on the Sacramento Kings owner....in a positive light.

Advertisement
Bama overextend their players in college which stunts anymore development in the pros. Our non drafted kids are in the league longer than their All Americans.I say stick with Swasey as speed coach and bring in another S & C coach.Dont use Bama as a model for long term success.

Bama overextend their players in college which stunts anymore development in the pros. Our non drafted kids are in the league longer than their All Americans.I say stick with Swasey as speed coach and bring in another S & C coach.Dont use Bama as a model for long term success.

Who needs 3 titles in 5 years, with another one very likely on the way? I prefer 7-5 teams with a bunch of kids who inexplicably become better in the NFL.......

Who needs 3 titles in 5 years, with another one very likely on the way? I prefer 7-5 teams with a bunch of kids who inexplicably become better in the NFL.......
LSU and Ohio State develop without overextending their players. Coaching plays into the 3 titles if I am not mistaken.

Bama's real strength coach
testosterone-enanthate-watson.jpg

And you can tell this is true by looking at the pics of Alabama players in college and then their first year as a pro. I've done this with a couple of players, they shrink way the **** down. Easy as heck to spot.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back