Bama's Strength Coach

Some of the stuff swasey does doesnt make sense like having a qb overhead press

Care to elaborate why that doesn't make sense? It gets parroted a lot but outside of poor technique and orthopedic concerns (which you wouldn't know, positively, without an X-ray to determine the shape of the acromium process), I don't understand the fuss about overhead pressing. Do they overhead press with a barbell or is it done with a football bar, DB in a neutral grip or a landmine? It's not a black and white, right and wrong topic.

I've said plenty of times that I'm not fond of guys being the business with out the education so idgaf what happens to Swasey but to make this judgement based on video clips that last minutes, without having any idea over the yearly planning or structure of the program isn't how this should work.
Because hes a throwing athlete. Most d1 strength coaches and people like joe defranco have their throwing athletes neutral grip when overhead or bench pressing. In a smaller group setting you could probably get away with doing regular overhead but in a big group setting a coach cant be constantly watching the qb for his form.

Advertisement
Whatever happened to the deer antler stuff? I thought that was Bama's recovery program? Was that Internet fokelore? ********! On the Swasey front, wasn't he Moffitt's understudy? Curious if anyone knows what players trained under both have to say about their approaches. Granted they may have changed philosophies since.

Go Canes!

Advertisement
Forget that Bama Roid/deer antler pushing nut case. Miami needs to bring back one of our own to run the S&C program. Say it with me bring back Darren Krein he was named NFL S&C Coach of the year.

[video=youtube;E_Lt6GY0xmk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_Lt6GY0xmk[/video]

Whatever happened to the deer antler stuff? I thought that was Bama's recovery program? Was that Internet fokelore? ********! On the Swasey front, wasn't he Moffitt's understudy? Curious if anyone knows what players trained under both have to say about their approaches. Granted they may have changed philosophies since.

Go Canes!

Swasey did not learn under Moffit. He assisted Moffit for half a year during the transition.

Go Canes!

Swasey did not learn under Moffit. He assisted Moffit for half a year during the transition.

Thanks man. Good to know. Swasey should be on notice. Maybe we need a S&C that isn't so popular amongst players. Dread and respect seems like an effective fit. Maybe Swasey is too progressive? I doubt guys were fired up to go hit the sand pit with Moffitt screaming at them.

Go Canes!

Go Canes!

Cochrane is loved by the players and his 5th quarter workout and 48 minutes workouts are legendary. One of the best at what he does and it shows on the field.

I remember how Amari looked after just a few short months of being there.

Advertisement
Forget that Bama Roid/deer antler pushing nut case. Miami needs to bring back one of our own to run the S&C program. Say it with me bring back Darren Krein he was named NFL S&C Coach of the year.

[video=youtube;E_Lt6GY0xmk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_Lt6GY0xmk[/video]

Danny, why do you think Krein would choose to leave an NFL S&C gig for a college S&C gig?

I couldn't give a s**t if Swasey stays or goes, but it doesn't seem like rocket science. Read a book or two and then be an obnoxious *******, what's so hard about that? Other than knowing how to roid the kids up and not get caught, I'm guessing lots of people can do this job. What does the guy making $1 million know that another guy doesn't?

Always find it funny, how Bama guys get to the league and all the sudden, they have injury issues.

ijs (cough cough *Roids testing* )

Go Canes!

Thanks man. Good to know. Swasey should be on notice. Maybe we need a S&C that isn't so popular amongst players. Dread and respect seems like an effective fit. Maybe Swasey is too progressive? I doubt guys were fired up to go hit the sand pit with Moffitt screaming at them.

Go Canes!

Go Canes!

Swasey is just one of those guys to get lucky. He was hired as UM started to rot. Perfect situation really. The head coaches have been so bad that most people overlook the S&C aspect. The players coming back to workout is another story in its self. It's actually a good thing that now people realize how much a liability he is.

For the last decade the same things keep happening:

- we run out of gas towards the last 1/4 of the season.
- players are noticeably not a fit as other top 25 teams
- players are always gassed during games
- OL and DL have been pushed around in every game for the past 10 years

Before we all found out that Golden was a compete dud, we all said his first mistake was keeping Swasey. Let's see if Mark Richt doesn't make the same mistake.

Advertisement
That's a lot of scratch - must be all about the needles.

There are about 8 balseros at the LA Gym in Hialeah that can make the same weight gains but Jimmy Graham loves Swasey.

Alabama wins because of SC right!! So Ohio State busting that *** last year was about their DL whipping who's OL that was coached up by this very same fellow!!! Thanks for the insight.

Just get swasey out my face and bring in a real S&C coach. Don't know any names but bring someone that knows their stuff

Advertisement
Saying that any dude can read a book and scream and be an S&C coach is like saying any dude can watch a video and be a DC.

I couldn't give a s**t if Swasey stays or goes, but it doesn't seem like rocket science. Read a book or two and then be an obnoxious *******, what's so hard about that? Other than knowing how to roid the kids up and not get caught, I'm guessing lots of people can do this job. What does the guy making $1 million know that another guy doesn't?

Yeah dude totally.......seems legit.

Advertisement
Back