Bama v UGA

Advertisement
https://www.atlantamagazine.com/great-reads/the-paradox-of-uga-football-coach-mark-richt/

But when the Bulldogs play a team that’s really good, the most you can reasonably hope for is that they keep it close. This defeatist mindset comes from years of watching Georgia get blown out in big games. Richt is part of that tradition: He is 12–15 all-time against higher-ranked teams. Contrast that to Alabama coach Nick Saban. He’s made a career of pulling off upsets, including the time his Crimson Tide defeated the third-ranked Bulldogs, 41–30, in 2008.
Hynes has wondered about the depths of Richt’s desire, and a couple of years ago, he asked the coach about it: Would you feel like a failure if you didn’t win a national championship?

“He looked at me like I’m an idiot,” Hynes recalls. “He said, ‘Come on, Chap, my identity is not in being a national championship football coach. My identity is in Christ. Do I want to win one? Yes. Is that going to define me as a person? No.’”

And there you have it.
Loves Christ more than football! It takes guts to proclaim your savior over a stupid game!

Ya, but the thing is any relatively competent coach could clean up at UGA. Kirby is not some football savant. UGA is the 4th most talented football state. They have no instate competition for recruits. Tons of bagmen and boosters. Even Richt was able to manage 10 wins a season and he sucks.

And how many championships did Rick win? Sure, another coach can have a regular 10 game winner, but doesn't mean he will be a Saban killer. That's not a cakewalk.

Richt is such a *****. Holy **** that quote...
Being a Christian definitely does not make you a *****. I will say though that The Lord and Jesus Christ still want you to be the best you can be though.

Advertisement
Incredible how much more stout our run game got after Kool despite losing 3/4 of our starting DL. Now look at Bamas run game. Took a step back this year as well and they’re always the best regardless of who they bring back or lose. Coincidence?
Said the same thing earlier this season but somebody tried to say I was Tripping when I said Bama run defense wasn’t like that

And how many championships did Rick win? Sure, another coach can have a regular 10 game winner, but doesn't mean he will be a Saban killer.

Thats because Richt sucks. What are the odds UGA hires someone worse than him? Pretty slim. As a Canes fan what I am really hoping for is Jimbo to awaken the sleeping Giant that is TAMU and starts running the SEC with them. They are far enough away to not be able to pick off 305 kids as easily and they won't really need to because they will load up on Texas talent.

Advertisement
Advertisement
LOL here comes Bama per usual. Tua is settling in and Bama is exploiting the middle of the field.

Advertisement
Being a Christian definitely does not make you a *****. I will say though that The Lord and Jesus Christ still want you to be the best you can be though.

Has nothing to do with being a pus$y. Pretty sure Saban and Smart are Christians as well, but they also know that the winning national championships is the #1 priority of a college HC .

Advertisement
Back