Bama players test positive

Advertisement
Advertisement
OK. I'm sure this will evolve into a rational, intelligent discussion, but here goes anyway.....

…..what happens if (and let's be real, WHEN) this happens on a Thursday afternoon before, say, Week 2?

it’s much more likely to happen now, as players are scattering in from disparate and uncontrolled environments, as opposed to being in a controlled environment in college, controlled as to where they live, eat and everything else.

Even the off-campus players are probably going to get very specific instructions as to how to manage their time outside of campus. What I’m saying is, I think it’s much less likely to happen during the season, though obviously not impossible.

Advertisement
it’s much more likely to happen now, as players are scattering in from disparate and uncontrolled environments, as opposed to being in a controlled environment in college, controlled as to where they live, eat and everything else.

Even the off-campus players are probably going to get very specific instructions as to how to manage their time outside of campus. What I’m saying is, I think it’s much less likely to happen during the season, though obviously not impossible.

Really? I'm not claiming to know a **** thing, so you might be right. But that's a surprising opinion, IMO. You think its MUCH less likely to happen when these guys are in a huddle, in a locker room, on a bus, in a film room, in an apartment, etc during the season. I think it's actually the opposite. You think these guys aren't going to go out and try to get laid? They're not gonna share blunts and drinks with their boys? Clubs and bars are opening tomorrow in Florida, you think none of these kids are gonna go out? I find that very hard to believe. You might be right, though. Not gonna say I have this figured out. But that opinion definitely surprised me, in my mind I have it as the exact opposite. I think it's gonna spread like wildfire once these kids get back in close quarters.

OK. I'm sure this will evolve into a rational, intelligent discussion, but here goes anyway.....

…..what happens if (and let's be real, WHEN) this happens on a Thursday afternoon before, say, Week 2?
Players will have to sit out and quarantine 10-14 days. It's going to be interesting when some or most of a starting lineup has to quarantine. This is going to be a crazy season.

Advertisement
Really? I'm not claiming to know a **** thing, so you might be right. But that's a surprising opinion, IMO. You think its MUCH less likely to happen when these guys are in a huddle, in a locker room, on a bus, in a film room, in an apartment, etc during the season. I think it's actually the opposite. You think these guys aren't going to go out and try to get laid? They're not gonna share blunts and drinks with their boys? Clubs and bars are opening tomorrow in Florida, you think none of these kids are gonna go out? I find that very hard to believe. You might be right, though. Not gonna say I have this figured out. But that opinion definitely surprised me, in my mind I have it as the exact opposite. I think it's gonna spread like wildfire once these kids get back in close quarters.
What's going to be really interesting is when someone tests negative before a game , then gives it to everyone during the game or in practice the next week, and a school can't field a team for the next game. Forfeit or reschedule?

Advertisement
No bueno. You got how many teams across the country with over 100+ personnel each, gonna be impossible to keep this from popping up I would think

Advertisement
Back