Bama Game: Pre Camp notes from their side

You don't know that. No one is "expecting" victory. But I don't expect our team to just curl up into a fetus ball and let them roll us, either. Play the game, see the outcome.
Why don’t you expect that? It’s what we did last game?

Advertisement
If we lost by 13ish and it's pretty high scoring I would be like ok we fought. But even if u fight u can get blown out by just better talent.
Eventually I expect their talent to overwhelm us but I just really wanna see a solid gameplan by Manny/Lashlee & our guys not being intimidated or having those deer in the headlight facial expressions

Advertisement
CC7EC5C3-8ABD-4982-8066-5AA0D6F93246.jpeg
63F7F73D-C8C2-4C47-BF52-F4E953DCD012.jpeg

Hall isn’t a bad player he just isn’t special like Jaquan or the multitude of other great safeties we have had. He’s a solid starter at this point. Nothing more nothing less
A solid starter should not be on the verge of losing their spot to underclassme. He’s been so-so and most of the time forgettable or absent

Eventually I expect their talent to overwhelm us but I just really wanna see a solid gameplan by Manny/Lashlee & our guys not being intimidated or having those deer in the headlight facial expressions
I think we will fight..........I wonder about the entrance to the game.........like will we talk **** or will we stare these guys down. Its stupid but I want to see how we exit that tunnel.

Advertisement
You would think we have a decided advantage in the 1st half with our entire O returning but to an extent, they negate that with plenty of D starters returning as well.

Again, on the other side of the ball, they have a brand new, first college snap ever QB so we have a slight advantage especially to start the game.

Got to get off to a good start to have a chance.

there are some people who are high on metchie but i don't think it's very controversial to say this is the least impressive skill talent bama has had going into a season in 5+ years, at least in terms of projected starters, obv when you get further down the depth chart the talent looks great as always. jameson williams wasn't gonna see the field at ohio state and is walking into bama as a starter -- granted OSU has the most stacked group of WRs in the country & williams was a top 100 overall recruit, but it still says something about where bama is at relative to where they have been recently.

to me, this game comes down to three things:

-- can we stop the run and force them to pass? if they can line up and run it for 6-7 yards a carry whenever they want, especially on early downs, nothing else will matter. what we want in this game is their brand new passing offense vs our secondary which is easily the strongest unit on our defense.

-- can bill o brien scheme them into big plays? sark, kiffin, dabol gave bama a nearly unbeatable combo of scheme + talent. can BOB crack open big plays at will? if not i don't hate our DBs vs their WRs on passing downs especially with T Rob coaching.

-- can we pass the ball? nobody runs the ball on bama. we won't be running the ball on bama. UF showed the template for how to compete vs bama and that's individual talent winning in the passing game + excellent play calling. this is the part where it's hard for me to see us competing -- we will be better at WR this year but UF had two first rounders out there which we will not have, to say the least. mallory maybe, but he is not kyle pitts. i also thought lashlee was pretty unimpressive as a playcaller vs clemson last year so he will have to step it up. if we can't scheme guys open or win 1 on 1 battles in the passing game we aren't going to score points in this game and it will be a blowout.

You would think we have a decided advantage in the 1st half with our entire O returning but to an extent, they negate that with plenty of D starters returning as well.

Again, on the other side of the ball, they have a brand new, first college snap ever QB so we have a slight advantage especially to start the game.

Got to get off to a good start to have a chance.
Another thing to add to your first point is that we're a team/administration still learning how to compete. Bama has been doing it for over a decade now so while they may lose a starter(s), they're experienced enough to recruit kids that will either soften the blow or even outperform the loss of a star player(s). They lose Shaq, Jaquan, Ahmmon, Duke, Rousseau, etc and replace them with a similar 4 or 5*.

Young also took snaps last year so this won't be his first game.

Advertisement
Yeah TS might be our best corner but he was not dominating at uga. He still doesn’t have an Int in college, so I doubt he will “dominate acc receivers with ease”
I’m just saying if he’s been a dominate corner in college how did he end up here? I’m sure he CAN be. The talent is evident. but people saying he is currently, idc who, are full of it. Last I checked this is his first time being a starter at CB

I’m just saying if he’s been a dominate corner in college how did he end up here? I’m sure he CAN be. The talent is evident. but people saying he is currently, idc who, are full of it. Last I checked this is his first time being a starter at CB
You have a valid point that TS doesn’t have a lot of tape at CB. He doesn’t have the tape because he was lied to and didn’t get to play corner thus why he’s at the U.

That being said, I don’t believe there’s any argument he’s got what it takes to be an elite CB.

I read a few response and all I can say is yall some scared asss canes fans. FSU WHO would say yall need to go to church. Im not going to sit here and beat my chest saying were going to win this game. At the same time I dont have the feeling were going to get rolled either. They may have a dam good squad and lots of new talent but its not going to just click game one for all the new guys replacing all the talent that just left the title team. It is very comparable to what LSU lost. We are returning dam near everyone and that is our advantage. If Manny lets Lashlee just open it up and call plays with his hair on fire like we did in second half of the bowl game I think we have a great shot. I also think Manny has to call an overly aggressive game as well. Db has to be a strength of this team and I would tell them boys get ready fellas because were putting this game in yalls hands. Send them strikers and lb on blitz packages from any and all angels. The element of surprise is 100% on our side especially with them starting so many new players. Fellas we got nothing to loose and everything to gain and this is exactly what I tell our guys right before they walk onto that field.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I read a few response and all I can say is yall some scared asss canes fans. FSU WHO would say yall need to go to church. Im not going to sit here and beat my chest saying were going to win this game. At the same time I dont have the feeling were going to get rolled either. They may have a dam good squad and lots of new talent but its not going to just click game one for all the new guys replacing all the talent that just left the title team. It is very comparable to what LSU lost. We are returning dam near everyone and that is our advantage. If Manny lets Lashlee just open it up and call plays with his hair on fire like we did in second half of the bowl game I think we have a great shot. I also think Manny has to call an overly aggressive game as well. Db has to be a strength of this team and I would tell them boys get ready fellas because were putting this game in yalls hands. Send them strikers and lb on blitz packages from any and all angels. The element of surprise is 100% on our side especially with them starting so many new players. Fellas we got nothing to loose and everything to gain and this is exactly what I tell our guys right before they walk onto that field.
Manny has zero to do with the offense.

"the Crimson Tide is in a great spot in the middle of its defense" Must be nice.

Is Latham that good? I never bothered watching his highlights because he wasn't coming to Miami. If he's truly jockeying for starting spot, does that Randolph is mediocre or that Latham is Eric Winston level good?

Hope Jobe breaks his ankles trying to cover Rambo.
Jesus

Having my doubts about any defense being unstoppable anymore. Florida knifed through Bamas defense like butter last season. Not saying we’ll get the better of them but I think the days of those stifling Bama defenses are over. Anyone with a good offense will gets their licks against anyone.

Advertisement
Back