Bama Game: Pre Camp notes from their side

Advertisement
Miami has upped their recruiting the last 2 years. Miami has signed 2 FIVE stars and 24 FOUR stars. Alabama in the same time span has signed 11 FIVE stars and 33 FOUR stars. With that said Alabama isn't the same team as last year. Their defense could be better, but defense doesn't win anymore in college football. You have to score. Alabama should take a big step backwards in offensive production this year. Bryce Young is a solid QB, but he struggles some with accuracy, best attribute is moving outside the pocket extending plays, and throwing on the move.

Their best WR is Metchie, and while he is a good player, HE IS NOT Juedy, Ruggs, Smith, Waddle, etc....Robinson is a solid RB, but he is not Najee Harris.
Exactly what I have been saying about the Bama offense. Way too many unknowns to say they are going to roll over teams this year. Young only got mop up duty. Robinson is a 5th year senior that hasn't broken 500 yards in a season yet. Metchie is the only WR on the roster that did anything last year. Throw in that Bill O'Brian's offenses in Houston were underwhelming even with one of the best QBs in the league.

Advertisement
if we do get destroyed, Diaz has to go.
I usually don’t respond to your posts because 98% of the time they are completely asinine but this is just full blown idiocy. Should Ryan day get fired cause osu got run off the field in the national championship game? There’s 130 teams in the fbs. 115 of them would get stomped by Bama

Lol man how do we know that? Im not scared of Bama but all offseason I been seeing praises of this dude and to me he ain’t the best cover corner on the team until he proves it. Couch is. I have nothing against dude but what has he done yet. Im standing on it til I see it
Couch disappointed me in the Okie State game. Not giving up on him though. But Tyrique is the best player in our secondary and could be the reason why we give Bama fits on defense if he locks up his side of the field. I saw enough of him at UGA to know that he will dominate ACC WRs with ease. Hes that good.

Advertisement
Miami has upped their recruiting the last 2 years. Miami has signed 2 FIVE stars and 24 FOUR stars. Alabama in the same time span has signed 11 FIVE stars and 33 FOUR stars. With that said Alabama isn't the same team as last year. Their defense could be better, but defense doesn't win anymore in college football. You have to score. Alabama should take a big step backwards in offensive production this year. Bryce Young is a solid QB, but he struggles some with accuracy, best attribute is moving outside the pocket extending plays, and throwing on the move.

Their best WR is Metchie, and while he is a good player, HE IS NOT Juedy, Ruggs, Smith, Waddle, etc....Robinson is a solid RB, but he is not Najee Harris.
Defense doesn't win most games but we've seen what happens when face top teams. We usually can't execute because teams adjust to our weaknesses (see Clemson loading the box and pressing our receivers). I can't remember the last time we faced a team this physical; it'll be interesting to see what Lashlee dials up and how our guys perform.

I usually don’t respond to your posts because 98% of the time they are completely asinine but this is just full blown idiocy. Should Ryan day get fired cause osu got run off the field in the national championship game? There’s 130 teams in the fbs. 115 of them would get stomped by Bama

This is an entirely new Bama team none of the top players that led Bama the last couple seasons are here this year. First game of the season as well… Miami should be able to keep this game closer than playing Clemson in the ACCCG. Getting blown out by Bama means more of the same, we are going to lose to UNC, get embarrassed by Clemson, lose whatever bowl game we end up in…. same story on repeat.

I'd guess more like 125-127 of them. They're really in a league of their own right now, like Miami pre 2004 and USC for a few years thereafter. These guys are going to be tough as **** to stay in the game with, much less defeat. But they're not invincible. We need to find their vulnerabilities and exploit them.

I'd guess more like 125-127 of them. They're really in a league of their own right now, like Miami pre 2004 and USC for a few years thereafter. These guys are going to be tough as **** to stay in the game with, much less defeat. But they're not invincible. We need to find their vulnerabilities and exploit them.
Having multiple analysts like the enemy would help with this.

Advertisement
Couch disappointed me in the Okie State game. Not giving up on him though. But Tyrique is the best player in our secondary and could be the reason why we give Bama fits on defense if he locks up his side of the field. I saw enough of him at UGA to know that he will dominate ACC WRs with ease. Hes that good.
I guess we watched different UGA games is all I’m saying

This is an entirely new Bama team none of the top players that led Bama the last couple seasons are here this year. First game of the season as well… Miami should be able to keep this game closer than playing Clemson in the ACCCG. Getting blown out by Bama means more of the same, we are going to lose to UNC, get embarrassed by Clemson, lose whatever bowl game we end up in…. same story on repeat.

UF played Bama and lost by a touchdown, just to get ran off the field by Oklahoma in the bowl game. OSU beat Clemson by 21 and got blown out by Bama. Matchups is everything. Although I'm not saying I'll be fine with a blow out, because I definitely want us to win this game, not have a "moral victory" by keeping it close....but regardless, if we lose by 40 points to the #1 team in the country...it doesn't mean we can immediately throw the bag. Getting blown out in a championship game when you know exactly what a team's Strength is, is a lot worse than getting walked in Game 1 when you don't know for sure what to expect. Lets not forget Bama will be running a new offense, completely different scheme, and they have Nick Saban.

Nick Saban himself was a JAG of a Coach his first 4 seasons at Michigan State. His 2nd year there, they got manhandled by Tom Osbourne and #1 Nebraska (55-14). That was MSU's 2nd game, and Nebraska's first game of the season...yet they still got dog walked. When he was at LSU, they were good enough to win the Sugar bowl in 2001, then in 2002 they got blown out 3 times, and didn't beat a single team with more than 8 wins.

Advertisement
You don't know that. No one is "expecting" victory. But I don't expect our team to just curl up into a fetus ball and let them roll us, either. Play the game, see the outcome.
They were playing in the fetus position against UNC. Heck any team with a pulse destroys Manny's defense

Ohio taint getting ran off the field in the natty is pretty bad when you think about it. They have just as many luxuries as bama. Analysts. Bags. Recruits. Good coaches. And still got smashed. And they had a first round passer also

Prepare yourself emotionally.

From their first practice this afternoon:

Ohio State transfer Jameson Williams, was second behind John Metchie in one of three receiver lines in the second viewing period. Metchie, Williams, Thaiu Jones-Bell and Ja’Corey Brooks made up one of the lines, Javon Baker, Traeshon Holden and Agiye Hall were in another and Slade Bolden, Christian Leary and JoJo Earle were in the slot.

-- DeVonta Smith appeared to be working with the safeties in his first practice. Outside of that, there were no real surprises among the defensive backs. Josh Jobe and Jalyn Armour-Davis were the first two cornerbacks through drills, followed by Marcus Banks and Kool-Aid McKinstry. Veterans Jordan Battle and DeMarcco Hellams were at the front of the safeties line.

-- Catching a glimpse of the offensive line toward the end of practice, the unit was split up into three-player groups. On the right side closest to reporters, Emil Ekiyor and Kendall Randolph worked at right guard and right tackle, respectively, along with center Chris Owens. Quick and true freshman JC Latham made up the right side of the line behind the first group.

-- Bryce Young was at the head of the quarterback line with Paul Tyson and Jalen Milroe behind him, respectively, and ahead of Alabama’s walk-on signal-callers.

Advertisement
Back